Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced

Telltale Games offers the promised further details on The Walking Dead Season 2, saying episode one will be released before Christmas of this year. They provide a reveal trailer and they have opened preorders already, which come at a 10% discount off the full price. Some details can be found in this FAQ, and here's the announcement, which notes that Telltale has sold more than 21 million episodes in this series to date:

Leading publisher of digital entertainment Telltale Games and Robert Kirkman, the Eisner Award-winning creator and writer of The Walking Dead for his Skybound imprint at Image Comics, have officially revealed The Walking Dead: Season Two - A Telltale Games Series , which is now available for pre-order on PC/Mac via the Telltale Games Online Store as well as Steam. The second season will make its highly-anticipated premiere later this year on PC/Mac, home consoles and iOS, with additional platforms to be announced.

The Walking Dead: Season Two - A Telltale Games Series will continue the story of Clementine, a young girl orphaned at the outset of the undead apocalypse, now left to her own devices to seek safety and survive in a world gone mad. Now assuming the role of an ordinary child, players will struggle to outwit both the dead and the living in situations that will test their morals and control the flow of the story through their decisions and actions.

"The terrifying nature of Robert Kirkman's world has allowed Telltale to push the boundaries of interactive drama in video games to a place that has had fans anxious to know what will happen next in this series," said Dan Connors, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. "Today we can finally lift the veil, albeit only a little, on how this story will continue, and we'll soon be putting players in the shoes of a lead role that will challenge their expectations of how to survive in a world where no one can be trusted."

Expected to premiere later this year, The Walking Dead: Season Two - A Telltale Games Series will consist of five episodes that will be released for digital download over the course of the season and will conclude in 2014. Players can save 10% off of the purchase price of the PC/Mac versions with a pre-order of the season pass, giving them access to all five episodes for the total cost of $22.49 USD or equivalent when ordering through the Telltale Online Store, or through the Steam digital distribution service.

Additionally, this November, Telltale Games will release The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series - Game of the Year Edition to retailers across North America for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. The Game of the Year Edition will include all five episodes of the award-winning series, plus the critically-acclaimed episode '400 Days,' as well as access to the series' original score and exclusive behind the scenes video. Currently available for pre-order at retailers everywhere, the Game of the Year Edition will be available for $29.99 USD or equivalent.

To date, The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series has sold more than 21 million episodes worldwide, earning more than 90 Game of the Year honors from outlets including Metacritic, USA Today, Wired, Spike TV VGAs, Yahoo!, The Telegraph, Mashable, Polygon, Destructoid and GamesRadar, and was also the recipient of two BAFTA Video Games Awards for Best Story and Best Mobile Game.

The Walking Dead is set in the world of Robert Kirkman's award-winning comic book series and offers an emotionally-charged, tailored game experience where a player's actions and choices affect how their story plays out across the entire series.

The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series - Game of the Year Edition is rated 'M' (Mature) for Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes and Strong Language by the ESRB. Content included in The Walking Dead: Season Two has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

For more information on the game, visit the official website, Facebook, and follow Telltale Games on Twitter. For more information on The Walking Dead, Robert Kirkman, and all of his titles, visit www.Skybound.com and www.TheWalkingDead.com.

Continue here to read the full story.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 30, 2013, 14:27 Fion

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 05:29:
Her story only just begun. In story telling, the point where Clem is as a character right now would be the beginning of the main arc. Everything before that was prologue and character building.

Character building is what The Walking Dead completely forgot in the newest season by the way. Introducing characters is apparently not "in" anymore. I have no idea who half the people are that walk(ed) around there.

Wait, Walking Dead has character building? I wonder why I've never noticed it. All I ever see when I watch it is a mix of decent to bad acting, soap-opera level writing, boring plots with obvious endings and the worst translation of characters from page to screen I think I've ever seen.

To be frank, the comics are just so much better in nearly every way that, while everyone in the house (old enough to watch) loves the show, I see nothing but how much worse it is than the comic series.

Edit: On topic, cant wait to play Clem! I totally agree the first season is mostly an introduction. Clem is obviously the center of the story and I'd have been amazed if she wasn't the central character of at least the upcoming season. If/when she dies I'm going to be so busted up.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2013, 14:38.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 30, 2013, 13:33 Killswitch

deqer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 09:40:
Ughh.. Please let this show just die. 1 season is enough already.

Shhh No one tell him the show is actually in its fourth season.

17. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 30, 2013, 10:18 nin

Necrophob wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 09:50:

Do you want us to call 911 for you? Maybe they can send in a SWAT team to take out the people forcing you to watch.

It's hard for him to concentrate for extended periods of time...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

16. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 30, 2013, 09:50 Necrophob

Do you want us to call 911 for you? Maybe they can send in a SWAT team to take out the people forcing you to watch.

15. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 30, 2013, 09:40 deqer

14. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 30, 2013, 07:16 Redmask

The game is way better than the show and people can play through the first season in like 4 hours if they stop saving/reloading  

13. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 30, 2013, 05:29 eRe4s3r

Her story only just begun. In story telling, the point where Clem is as a character right now would be the beginning of the main arc. Everything before that was prologue and character building.

Character building is what The Walking Dead completely forgot in the newest season by the way. Introducing characters is apparently not "in" anymore. I have no idea who half the people are that walk(ed) around there.

12. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 30, 2013, 03:26 Quinn

We'll play as Clamentine? Awesome! I thought they had let go of that story and went in an entirely new direction. This is great news for me ^^

Also, people, if you like these Walking Dead games YOU GOTTA TRY The Wolf Among Us. I'm crazy excited about the game and can't wait for te next episodes.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

11. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 30, 2013, 03:18 saluk

You can always stick an episode here or there in between other stuff.  

10. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 30, 2013, 00:04 Beamer

nin wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 20:33:
Sho wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 20:26:
nin wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 20:12:
Guess I should finally play season 1. It's in this impossibly huge stack of games, including the email I just got for the Hearthstone beta...

Do eeeeet. The gameplay is fairly basic, but it's got some truly fine writing (and I can even go without the "for a video game" qualifier on this one, I think), and in particular some of the most successful situational blends of dramatic pacing and interactivity I can think of (for those who played it, I'm e.g. thinking of the situation in the walk-in cooler in episode 1). Quality entertainment, all in all.

I don't doubt that it's good. But I have this huge stack of ps3 games I'm trying to burn through, and a steam waiting list like a mofo...literally not enough hours in the week for all the gaming.

I know the feeling. I have a stack of at least 10 PS3 games I'll never play, still in shrinkwrap. Infamous 1 and 2? Sorry. Resistance 1 & 2? Probably fun, but oh well.
Same for Xbox. Halo Reach and Halo 4? Shrinkwrapped forever. BLOPS2? The same. Rage and NHL12? Yup.
Don't even get me started on Steam. I've sorted out the stuff I will definitely never play from the 10% I plan to sometime. Sleeping Dogs made that list, but I am still doubtful.

But TWD definitely deserves a week or so of your time.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 29, 2013, 23:53 Jivaro

Guess I should finally play season 1. It's in this impossibly huge stack of games, including the email I just got for the Hearthstone beta...

Same problem. I have no idea how I am ever going to catch up. At this point I will never buy a game "day 1" or even "month 1" ever again....there really isn't any point since I probably wouldn't get to it until "year 2"

8. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 29, 2013, 23:05 Beamer

I adored Clem, but I would rather follow a new group than continue with her. I felt her story was well told.

One of my favorite NPCs, maybe my favorite.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

7. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 29, 2013, 22:48 Taskeen

Are you kidding me Tell Tale? You already left me an emotional wreck from playing the first game!  

6. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 29, 2013, 22:09 TangledThorns

The first game's story was too damn good!  

5. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 29, 2013, 21:33 zombiefan

Will definitely be buying this. Christmas of 2014, or '15.  

4. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 29, 2013, 20:33 nin

Sho wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 20:26:

Do eeeeet. The gameplay is fairly basic, but it's got some truly fine writing (and I can even go without the "for a video game" qualifier on this one, I think), and in particular some of the most successful situational blends of dramatic pacing and interactivity I can think of (for those who played it, I'm e.g. thinking of the situation in the walk-in cooler in episode 1). Quality entertainment, all in all.

I don't doubt that it's good. But I have this huge stack of ps3 games I'm trying to burn through, and a steam waiting list like a mofo...literally not enough hours in the week for all the gaming.

3. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 29, 2013, 20:26 Sho

2. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 29, 2013, 20:12 nin

1. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 29, 2013, 20:04 Sho

"Adventures are dead."

Sho,
who has had much fun playing tons of great adventures in the last five years, not just by Telltale.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo