Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Halloween Sale

Steam News announces the commencement of the Steam Halloween Sale 2013, which has a scary collection of games at a discount until November 1st: "Now through Halloween*, we're unleashing monstrous savings on frightening, creepy, and/or scary titles throughout the Steam store. Hundred of titles are now available at prices so low, you'll shriek in excitement!"

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 30, 2013, 11:54 Morgan19

I imagine it's from the sale, but is the Steam store either not loading at all or running abysmally slow for anyone else?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 30, 2013, 11:30 Creston

Beamer wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 19:18:
Fallout 3 GOTY and FNVGOTY were all the rage on the forums last night - $5 (also must-buy)

Thanks for the heads up on that one. I have the FONV one, but never got around to picking up the FO3 version. Been thinking about replaying that, though it'll likely have to wait until next year because of all the gaming goodness about to be unleashed in the next month or so. (and I'm not even thinking about how I'm ever going to make time for all the stuff I kickstarted! )

21. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 30, 2013, 11:26 Creston

PHJF wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 20:04:
Obviously I broke steam because I bought a game and it immediately died.

MUST you kill everything you see?

20. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 30, 2013, 10:16 nin

Necrophob wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 09:41:
I just got Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs on GoG...why would I do this to myself? I'm just recovering from SS2.

Grab some Depends next time you're out.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 30, 2013, 09:41 Necrophob

I just got Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs on GoG...why would I do this to myself? I'm just recovering from SS2.  

18. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 30, 2013, 07:24 Dagnamit

I picked up rise of the triad, especially because they just patched in quicksaves and better performance fixes.  

17. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 30, 2013, 00:11 xXBatmanXx

Whoops.....

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Firefighter Skills Pack
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Cyborg Skills Pack
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record COSPLAY Skills Pack
Dead Hungry Diner
Dead Pixels
Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record BBQ Chef Skills Pack
Ghostbusters Sanctum of Slime Challenge Pack
Ghostbusters Sanctum of Slime
Costume Quest
Darksiders
Clive Barker's Jericho
Spelunky
Rise of the Triad - 4 Pack
Legacy of Kain Collection
Brutal Legend
Death Rally
How to Survive

Instead of BF4 base game or CoD base game, I got all of the above (with 3 games to share) for $60.xx. F*** you annual games.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2013, 23:01 PropheT

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 20:21:
Similar, and better. It's far more refined now and looks way better too. It helps if you've read some of the Fables comics but they're not really necessary. The game just oozes character and style. I cannot wait for the rest of the episodes.

That's enough to sell me on it, I'll have to pick it up.

Verno wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 19:51:
Van Helsing is totally worth $7.50, quite an amusing little ARPG. Rough around the edges and simple but fun enough.

I loved Van Helsing, it's very good. Some of the music is the best I've heard in a game; VH Gameplay Factory 01.ogg in the game's music directory, if you have it installed, is my personal favorite. All the music is in Ogg format to listen to without playing.

15. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2013, 22:11 nin

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 21:48:
Games that jump out at me:
Brothers for $7.50
Rise of the Triad for $7.50
Sleeping Dogs for $5 (!!!)

And last but not least,
Aliens: Colonial Marines for $5. Has it been fixed up enough to be worth $5?

Insane amount of gameplay in Sleeping Dogs for $5. That's a hell of a deal...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2013, 21:49 jdreyer

Derp. Duplicate post.

Smoking --------------------------------------------------- Rifle

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

13. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2013, 21:48 jdreyer

Games that jump out at me:
Brothers for $7.50
Rise of the Triad for $7.50
Sleeping Dogs for $5 (!!!)

And last but not least,
Aliens: Colonial Marines for $5. Has it been fixed up enough to be worth $5?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

12. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2013, 21:45 Prez

Similar, and better. It's far more refined now and looks way better too. It helps if you've read some of the Fables comics but they're not really necessary. The game just oozes character and style. I cannot wait for the rest of the episodes.

Better you say? Sold! But I never read the comics. Guess I can read them first...

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

11. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2013, 20:21 Cutter

Prez wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 19:53:
So, the Wolf Among Us... Is it anything like "The Walking Dead"? That game was what I consider the 'Non-Adventure Gamer's Adventure Game' - I loved it and I'm not now nor have I ever been a real adventure gamer. If Wolf Among Us is similar I'll buy it.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

10. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2013, 20:04 PHJF

Obviously I broke steam because I bought a game and it immediately died.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2013, 19:53 Prez

So, the Wolf Among Us... Is it anything like "The Walking Dead"? That game was what I consider the 'Non-Adventure Gamer's Adventure Game' - I loved it and I'm not now nor have I ever been a real adventure gamer. If Wolf Among Us is similar I'll buy it.  

8. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2013, 19:51 Verno

Van Helsing is totally worth $7.50, quite an amusing little ARPG. Rough around the edges and simple but fun enough.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

7. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2013, 19:48 Saboth

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 19:42:

Van Helsing at $7.50? Yes? No? Maybe?
Yes? No? Maybe?

I picked that up during the last steam sale, but just started playing it in the past few weeks. I think it's ok. Decent graphics, good gameplay. I think you probably wouldn't regret it in that price range. I've just played so many arpgs in the past year or so, I'm kind of burned out unless something is earth-shattering (or free, in the case of Path of Exile).

6. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2013, 19:42 Cutter

The Wolf Among Us is a must have - though I think you can still get it on GMG for 25 points off.

Limbo. Totally get that if you haven't yet. Get Ghost Master too! Haunted House is good fun too. The last two would also be good for your kids to play, Limbo might be a bit too intense for them though.

All the reviews on Outlast were good but Ima wait for it to come down further still. Same with A Macheen for Peegs!

Van Helsing at $7.50? Yes? No? Maybe?

Anyone have any comments on any of the Sherlock Holmes games on sale? Yes? No? Maybe?

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

5. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2013, 19:37 Beamer

Prez wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 19:24:
I'll put in my vote for Sang-Froid. It's a very atmospheric 3rd Person Action/Tower Defense game that is really innovating in places, and the setting is just wonderful.

Consider me sold. I was actually going to ask if there was anything similar to OMD, and this sounds about right. A bit of action, a bit of puzzle.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2013, 19:24 Prez

I'll put in my vote for Sang-Froid. It's a very atmospheric 3rd Person Action/Tower Defense game that is really innovating in places, and the setting is just wonderful.

EDIT: Oh and avoid Orion Dino Horde at all costs. Great premise, utterly abysmal execution.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2013, 19:50.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo