Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed

EA's Origin announces that Battlefield 4 is now available for Windows and consoles, offering the latest installment in DICE's military shooter series. Reviews of the FPS are now showing up, so you can read/see impressions on AusGamers, ComputerAndVideoGames, GameSpot, Joystiq, Game Front, GameInformer, IGN, Inside Gaming, PC Gamer, Polygon, and Shacknews. Here's word on the game:

Explore a vast range of experiences that allow you to play your way. Be the lone wolf to take control of your own destiny or work together in tight-knit five-man squads to strike as a team. New maps, more vehicles, weapons and destruction allow you to create your own path and play to your strengths. Absolutely nothing compares to the sheer scale and scope of Battlefield 4.

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

55. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Nov 1, 2013, 05:50 Glykon

Bought, tried to play like 4 maps and asked my money back !
Fortunately I already got refunded the 100 (!) USD .
What a shitty "game"; just some more maps for a BF 3.3 and feels more like a CoD than an old BF.

Do yourself a favor and play Planetside 2. I know its owned by another shitty company (Sony) but at least they tried to innovate not like these idiots from EA.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

54. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 30, 2013, 19:52 Agent.X7

Bored, trying to get people on the server. Noticed my 9MM P226 wrecks the shit out of stone statues. Like, blows them apart. Exactly what 9MM round are they using? Super secret Chinese stuff with explosive tips?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

53. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 30, 2013, 12:34 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 00:18:
So those who are playing....is it better than a Bad Company 2.5? Cause I still think Bad Company is the best in the series. The destructo in that game was awesome. I wish that game wouldn't have died so quickly.

I am also waiting for a $5-$20 sale.

The destruction is definitely up from BF3 in some maps. One of the island maps lets you destroy most of the buildings completely. (Hurricane?) It's still not Bad Company level, which I don't understand. Most of those maps let you eventually level pretty much everything but the biggest of buildings.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

52. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 30, 2013, 08:33 jimnms

I loaded it up and played the test map for a little bit this morning. It's nice that they put that in so you can practice flying before getting in a game. When I got home tonight I thought I'd run through the SP real quick, since BF3's SP was only about 3 hours long. I still don't think the BF series needed SP, but this is 1000x better than BF3's SP. Four hours later I wasn't even half way through. I wish they'd kept the coop missions in, those were kind of fun.

The performance is much better than the Beta. I'm running it on Ultra with a Core i5 750 @ Stock 2.66GHz and a GTX 660OC. I might have to bump it down to high for MP because there are quite a few places where I notice the frame rate dropping. One bug they didn't fix from the beta is the damn B key opening then console.

Also, during the SP, your team mates will tell you to look for something, then the hint deal tells me to hold a key to enter tactical view, then press another key to zoom. Holding the key lowers my weapon and doesn't seem to do anything else, and pressing the other key does nothing. I looked in the key bindings to see what key was bound to by default and tried binding it to something else, but it still does nothing.

Steam Profile

51. Re: Op Ed Oct 30, 2013, 02:59 LibertyOrDeath

If you were lagging in beta, they fixed the hell out of the game. I am running very smooth with a 7870 set on high everything. I really like some of the maps. Some flags have nice cover (high grass, trees, bushes, etc..) around and about so you can hide and pop from a distance. I am having fun with this so far...

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2013, 03:18.

50. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 30, 2013, 01:36 Nurgel

So far I really dig it. Seems to have fixed most the problems I didn't like with BF3. Bad Company 2 was great fun, I liked it more than BF3 probably.  

49. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 30, 2013, 00:18 xXBatmanXx

So those who are playing....is it better than a Bad Company 2.5? Cause I still think Bad Company is the best in the series. The destructo in that game was awesome. I wish that game wouldn't have died so quickly.

I am also waiting for a $5-$20 sale.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

48. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 30, 2013, 00:15 Jackplug

All this game is is BF3 dressed up in different clothing, no extra destruction(in the beta it felt like there was less than bf3), no map editor for mods, your getting what they say are good maps which are the old maps dressed up in gfx, fuck em!! BF3 for me lasted 3 months and by that time I was bored shitless.

Just watched and read some of the reviews and its exactly what weve all just said, its just BF3+extra's. Not for me..

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2013, 00:29.

47. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 22:59 Taskeen

The released version is still pretty choppy on my GTX 680 with latest drivers. Here's to hoping they optimize it. One of the maps has a sound issue as well.

I'm still waiting for Battlefield 1944, slower paced, bolt-actions, mg-34/42's, Panther tanks, brutal WW2 combat, no heat seeking missile nonsense. Given how amazing Battlefield 3/4 look and sound, Battlefield 1944 would be just awesome.

All there is to play for combined arms WW2 is Forgotten Hope 2 on Battlefield 2.

46. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 22:44 Sepharo

I'll give it a test run at my friend's place this weekend but I suspect that my stance about not buying BF 3.5 won't change.  

45. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 22:42 born2expire

Game is terrible, so many problems and bad gameplay decisions. I'm a HUGE BF fanboy and i feel robbed.

Game's netcode is 10X worse than beta and BF3's, and its so laggy even on 32 man infy game modes. I feel so burned and heart broken.

44. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 21:59 Bucky

TangledThorns wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 21:48:
Stupid question. Does BF4 support VOIP this time?

Yeah, it's Push-to-talk and enabled on a squad basis in-game. At least, I believe so. They changed the VoIP options around, and I'm still digging through to find all the settings and whatnot.

As of 10PM EST, things are officially following standard DICE launch protocols. Battlelog is crumbling under the strain, and certain bugs are starting to appear. There's a lovely stutter on many servers, an intermittent audio cut-out, and a whole lot of crashing.

With that said, it's still a lot of fun and I believe better than BF3. They've just got some stuff to iron out.

43. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 21:48 TangledThorns

Stupid question. Does BF4 support VOIP this time?  

42. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 21:15 SpectralMeat

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 15:55:
No, they are in Battlelog. Click The Soldier tab on the top, and the it should be the last tab on the right on your soldier page.
Oh okay see it now, do not have any battle packs though.

Steam: SpectralMeat

41. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 21:11 SpectralMeat

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 20:12:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:25:
jimnms wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:02:
I wasn't planning to get this on release, but I caved and bought it from GMG a couple of days ago with the 20% off code.
Join the club

Do you get the China add-on maps with the GoG version? I'm thinking about caving and picking it up when I get home.
Yes you do, not sure if it is still offered or it was a preorder bonus only

Steam: SpectralMeat

40. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 20:12 Paranoid Jack

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:25:
jimnms wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:02:
I wasn't planning to get this on release, but I caved and bought it from GMG a couple of days ago with the 20% off code.
Join the club

Do you get the China add-on maps with the GoG version? I'm thinking about caving and picking it up when I get home.

39. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 17:10 Julio

Passing on this for many reasons:
1) No bots again
2) BF3 had rampant cheating, why would BF4 be different
3) It will drop to $10 pretty quickly like BF3 did
4) It's BF3.5 and might as well have been DLC
5) I don't have the time to grind unlocks, it's not a lot of fun playing a game where you are outgunned and outgeared heavily by everyone else

I've got no issue with those that love BF, but I don't much anymore.

38. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 16:31 Bucky

So, I've played a couple of hours now. Here are my early thoughts:

• Map design is much better

• Infantry gameplay is slower, more tactical than BF3.

• Vehicles feel much more balanced to me. Skill and proper usage are more important now.

• Performance is a LOT better than the Beta

• Unlocking the defib still sucks

• ShadowPlay is great. Got a fantastic clip of me scraping a gunner off of a chopper with my first tank shell, and destroying the chopper with my second. :)

• If anyone wants to play: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/Spawk413/

37. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 16:25 RollinThundr

maleitch wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 15:55:
    RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:01:
    Quboid wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:53:
    I feel a lot more tired of modern shooters than I ever did of WW2 ones, although that may be because of the way they're made rather than their setting (or because I'm getting old but I'd rather not focus on that).

I never got my money's worth from BF3 because of the unlock system and I won't be buying BF4 because of this. Aside from the annoyance of not getting to play with the toys I've paid for, the unlock system affects the balance.

Being worse than everyone else is an occupational hazard when you don't play that game or ones like it very much but to be worse than everyone else and have worse gear and no kill streak bonuses and so on - this adds injury to insult by actively disadvantaging me.

Edit: "Better to complain about it than to do something" - perfect summary of Bluesnews/the Internet/mankind/all living creatures from eRe4s3r

waaah I don't get all the unlocks right off the bat, I can't compete, so damn entitled some of you.

Nothing to do with entitlement, but spin any way you can to cover for your childish attention span. It is a lame way to maintain interest in an otherwise played out franchise. BF1942, didn't need unlocks to keep people interested...it stood on its own. It did not need any of these ADD, grinding gimmicks that today's gamers can't seem to function without. It is catering to the Idiocracy gamer.

ffs dude, it's not that big a deal, get a few kills you unlock something better, bullets are bullets in battlefield, if your aim doesn't suck you shouldn't have any issue getting kills.

36. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 15:55 Agent.X7

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 15:42:
    Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 15:24:
    SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 15:07:
    I didn't know the SP unlocks stuff for MP, that's awesome.
    I did notice the scores I was getting for kills and stuff and thought to myself why the heck do I get points for SP?

Yeah, I scored a gold medal for the first level and it unlocked the Rex revolver for MP.

Gota cool green laser sight for my P226 pistol from one of the balltepacks too. Everyone is flashing their red laser dots and I flash my green and everyone on the server is asking how I got that, lol.
    I did get gold on that first mission also and got the pistol.
    Can't seem to find the battle packs though on the battlelog. Do you open those in game?

No, they are in Battlelog. Click The Soldier tab on the top, and the it should be the last tab on the right on your soldier page.

Origin - JStarX7
    STEAM - Agent.X7
    PSN - JStar_X7
    Xbox Live - Agent X7

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo