Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Preloads

Origin announces preloads of Battlefield 4 are being offered for preorder customers in advance of the release of DICE's military sequel, and the site is counting down the seconds to midnight Tuesday when the game launches. They also note the game qualifies for their Great Game Guarantee, which promises refunds beyond their normal return policy. Thanks Mark.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 29, 2013, 08:47 nin

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 23:03:
nin wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 21:35:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 21:29:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 19:55:
In case anyone was interested in unlocking BF4 early check this out
Friend was playing it already and asked him what he thinks, he said the game is much more polished then the beta was.
I can't be bothered with this early unlock stuff but good luck for anyone willing to play around with it.

Too much hassle. PS3 inFAMOUS until release, hehe.

I just started 2 today, actually.

I just finished 2 late last week. I know, wrong order.

Yeah, you're going to have an eye opening change in the graphics, and not in a good way...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 29, 2013, 07:33 SpectralMeat

Played a bit this morning before work. MP was laggy even though my ping was 50ish, but that was to be expected on launch day.
Played the first level of SP and it was pretty awesome.
I was frustrated with BF3 single player, but I've enjoyed BF4 single player so far.
Ran into a glitch where I ran ahead of my squad mates and had to back out so they can catch up to me, and the audio cut out, but overall it wasn't game breaking and it was very brief anyways, so no big deal.

Also ran that optmizer thingy in the latest Nvidia driver as well as the video recorder and the game runs as smooth as butter on my system with Ultra settings enabled almost everywhere.

i5-2500k/12Gb/GTX760/Win7-64

Steam: SpectralMeat

40. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 29, 2013, 00:32 Agent.X7

Annnnnnnnd...why did I pre-load? Because the game refused to work, repair install - 4GB download. AWESOME!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

39. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 23:03 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 21:35:
Friend was playing it already and asked him what he thinks, he said the game is much more polished then the beta was.
I can't be bothered with this early unlock stuff but good luck for anyone willing to play around with it.

I just finished 2 late last week. I know, wrong order.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

38. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 21:35 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

37. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 21:29 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

36. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 19:55 SpectralMeat

35. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 18:23 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 04:31:
Why would anyone want to get this anyway?? Didnt BF3 come out a year ago and isnt it basically the same game?? I mean they are obviously going the way of CoD but no one gives a shit?? Fucking pathetic if you ask me.

2 years ago, but who's counting, right?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

34. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 16:09 Bucky

McJammiepants wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 03:09:
Suppa7 wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 01:07:

Bullshit, this close to release they don't have time to make serious changes. What you saw in the beta will 99% be closest to the final. Every fucking beta works like this, morons like you who haven't experienced enough actual beta's deny it though.

I bet you can't even name one game where beta and retail were radically different.

BF3. Not only are you being inflammatory, you are also quite wrong. The BF3 beta was an older build than what DICE were working with when the beta was being held. The final release was noticeably different both in performance, game play, and aesthetic. This is straight fact, guy.

I can confirm this as well. The BF3 beta was so bad that I regretted the pre-order, convinced as I was that they could never have the game ready for release. Then it came out and I sank a few hundred hours into it, with only minimal (Battlelog related) issues at launch.

For the $48 I paid for BF4, I'm quite happy, even if it's just new maps and some tweaks.

33. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 10:10 SpectralMeat

Tumbler wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 10:04:
Taskeen wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 18:54:
Here's to hoping they put considerable time into optimization.

This. The beta ran like complete shit for me. I eventually bought on GMG after going back and playing BF3. BF3 ran great and looks great some I'm crossing my fingers on the performance side.
It ran like crap for me as well with the latest Nvidia drivers.
Then I've downgraded to the 320 series and the game was running smooth like butter on Ultra settings.
Towards the end of the beta this issue was patched apparently but I've never checked it out again, as the beta ended sooner then I thought it would.

32. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 10:10 RollinThundr

InBlack wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 09:15:
DarkCntry wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 09:04:
InBlack wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 05:29:
Way to go, charging full price for something that should have been DLC, maybe even free DLC. Well to each his own I guess, enjoy the game.

So, I guess the enhancements made to the engine shouldn't count either, right?

/facepalm

Black, it's humorous how little you actually know about Battlefield 4. This is not what Activision does with COD, They've made significant engine improvements, enough so to brand the engine a full version higher, they've also added elements that affect in real time how a match is played, with elements of the map itself possible to change. Added features that the community wanted back in the game, like commander mode, and visually it's impressive as fuck.

I get that the Bluesnews national pasttime is to hate on EA but some of you should get informed before having your bouts of diarrhea of the mouth.

I have no doubt if this were a Valve title, this thread would be full of comments about how great Gaben's nuts taste.

31. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 10:04 Tumbler

Taskeen wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 18:54:
Here's to hoping they put considerable time into optimization.

This. The beta ran like complete shit for me. I eventually bought on GMG after going back and playing BF3. BF3 ran great and looks great some I'm crossing my fingers on the performance side.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

30. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 09:56 justice7

You know you guys don't have to buy every game that comes out right? If you're not into the battlefield franchise, and aren't looking for an upgraded Battlefield game with new maps and an updated engine.. nothing is stopping you from NOT playing it and not putting your money into it.

What kind of people will pay for something AND complain as they do it? What have you become?

Just stay away from it if you're not interested.

29. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 09:15 InBlack

DarkCntry wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 09:04:
Way to go, charging full price for something that should have been DLC, maybe even free DLC. Well to each his own I guess, enjoy the game.

/facepalm

I have a nifty blue line!

28. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 09:04 DarkCntry

27. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 08:51 Verno

This will be the first BF game I'm going to skip

Too much other stuff to play and what I saw from the beta (regardless of what build it was) didn't impress me. It takes time for me to build up that BF itch again after sinking a lot of time into it, I don't want it to become a yearly thing just because it's good for balancing the EA budget.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

26. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 07:09 StaTik

Why would anyone want to get this anyway?? Didnt BF3 come out a year ago and isnt it basically the same game?? I mean they are obviously going the way of CoD but no one gives a shit?? Fucking pathetic if you ask me.

I'm with you on this one. I'm sick to death of these mega franchises games and 4/6 deep sequels. I'll buy BF4 when it hits $20.

25. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 05:29 InBlack

DarkCntry wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 05:02:

Unlike the yearly CoD releases, this at least improves something over the last game, and the return of Commander mode, it actually brings something that people wanted.

24. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 05:02 DarkCntry

Unlike the yearly CoD releases, this at least improves something over the last game, and the return of Commander mode, it actually brings something that people wanted.

23. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 04:31 InBlack

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo