Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's the list of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for last week:

1. Batman: Arkham Origins
  2. The Stanley Parable
  3. NARUTO SHIPPUDEN Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 FULL BURST
  4. Football Manager 2014
  5. Saints Row IV
  6. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  7. How to Survive
  8. Space Engineers
  9. PAYDAY 2
  10. Mass Effect Collection

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 29, 2013, 07:53 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 22:07:
Dev wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 21:43:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 16:21:
The Mass Effect Trilogy is actually missing most of the DLC.
Actually, to be precise, thats not entirely a correct statement. From what I can tell, both ME1 and ME2 have all the DLC. Its ME3 that doesn't have much included. I think its the bigger DLC they don't include
And they have several DLC in the list that you can add into the account for free. Anytime I see free DLC, I always add it right then. Never know when they might start charging. Or like if its a limited time offer like the free SR4 GTA DLC thats was free for a couple days.

Not sure where you got your info from but the Mass Effect Trilogy is definitely missing most of the ME2 DLC. It doesn't include Lair of the Shadowbroker, Arrival, Overlord or Kasumi - Stolen Memory. Basically, all the DLC with any substance.

http://gamerant.com/mass-effect-trilogy-dlc/
My apologies, I saw it had a bunch and I hadn't played it, so I assumed it had most.
My bad.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 28, 2013, 18:52 Krovven

Alamar wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 09:17:
Ledge wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 07:01:
after purchasing the metro franchise pak for like 34 bucks a few days ago, it seems its been reduced even further to $21.somethin. bad timing. great game though.

Keep this in mind... Any time there is a publisher wide promotion, each individual (major) game/franchise will go on a daily sale during the week long sale...

-Alamar

That's not entirely true. There are plenty of Deep Silver titles that did not get daily deals. He had no way of knowing that Metro would get a further discount.

Rule of thumb for any sale though...wait until the last day to purchase anything that didn't show up as a daily deal.

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 28, 2013, 11:15 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 22:41:

Ah, I see it here: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_Content

Sorry, I don't buy DLC like that. Nickel and dime you through their own service? nah.

Really the three DLC that I recommend are:

Lair of the Shadowbroker, ME2.
From Ashes, ME3.
The Citadel, ME3.

The rest you can ignore, though there are some pretty good ones. But the first 2 I mentioned are kind of essential to the storyline, and The Citadel is basically 5 hours of happy ending, with lots of cool humor and great jokes in it.

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 28, 2013, 10:23 Quinn

Wolfox wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 00:29:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 21:09:
Is it just me, or do they attack a lot sooner now? I am noticing they are almost crowding me when I am fighting someone, I am CONSTANTLY doing a counter move. Wasn't this in your face before. A nice change, since the fighting in the previous 2 were easy, they would really spread out and let you get tons of long combos. This one you have to be smarter.

Not just you. Bad guys are more agressive, and so is Batman. I like the change too.

Same here! The change is obvious. At first, due to uncharacteristic failures from my side, I thought the counter warnings were later than before, giving me a shorter time to react. But maybe it's just that they attack much more often. Or maybe it's actually both. This or that, I love it. I wanna be an Apex Vigilante all the time so it really pushes me to be better.

Love the game. Can't wait to get home from work!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 28, 2013, 09:17 Alamar

Ledge wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 07:01:
after purchasing the metro franchise pak for like 34 bucks a few days ago, it seems its been reduced even further to $21.somethin. bad timing. great game though.

Keep this in mind... Any time there is a publisher wide promotion, each individual (major) game/franchise will go on a daily sale during the week long sale...

-Alamar

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 28, 2013, 07:01 Ledge

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 28, 2013, 03:05 Clever Caviar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 22:41:
nin wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 22:38:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 22:35:
Actually, to be precise, thats not entirely a correct statement. From what I can tell, both ME1 and ME2 have all the DLC. Its ME3 that doesn't have much included. I think its the bigger DLC they don't include
And they have several DLC in the list that you can add into the account for free. Anytime I see free DLC, I always add it right then. Never know when they might start charging. Or like if its a limited time offer like the free SR4 GTA DLC thats was free for a couple days.

1 and 2 don't have any DLC do they? I don't think the assault rifle and armour count in 2....and you can't DL any DLC from steam.

2 had a shitload of DLC through the Cerberus network.

Sorry, I don't buy DLC like that. Nickel and dime you through their own service? nah.

I'd only be on the lookout for single player related DLC, multi isn't my bag. And DLC that is any good.

Thanks for all the info everyone, but I think I'll leave it and wait still.

::
Rockstar made $1 billion in 3 days with GTAV, yet they can't find the budget to port RDR to PC.

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 28, 2013, 02:52 Clever Caviar

SlimRam wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 19:08:
Clever Caviar wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 15:34:
I've played Mass Effect 1, twice, loved it both times: the music, the story, the atmosphere - brilliant. My tastes nowadays are to play 3rd person games with the controller: age, proximity to a couch, something else. Due to this lack of controller on the PC versions, I've yet to get around to Mass Effects 2 & 3. I think Gamefly currently has the trilogy with all the DLC etc for 20, Origin has done a similar deal before as well. Very tempting, but the stubborn refusal of BioWare to add in controller support, when by all accounts the games have about 90% of the code already in, just really rankles me.

That a company the size of EA, or Bioware can't assign an intern or junior developer to do the, at a max, weeks worth of work to wire in the remaining code to have full controller support on the PC is unbelievable to the point that the only logical reason is that neither *wants* to, for whatever arrogant reason or other. That kind of attitude, on one of their flagship brands no less, I find hard to pay for, so for now I'm not.

Mass Effect 1 PC Gaming Wiki
Mass Effect 3 PC Gaming Wiki
Eurogamer Article on Bioware and (lack of) PC Controller support
As far as using a controller, just download 'Xpadder'. You've probably already heard of this but, all it does is make it so you can map whatever keys you want to your controller. It works good, I used it for all the ME games. ME1 controls are a bit different than the other 2 games but the same configuration works for ME2 and 3.

I've got a similar proggie, named Pinnacle. From what I can tell, all these controller interceptor programs do much the same thing. It's definitely an option.

Those links above, you're literally replacing one .ini file, and you get all the analog movements, UI buttons. It's all still built in to the game package itself. There's some UI controller navigation missing, and some GUI elements missing. Bioware stubbornly refuse to enable it officially and finish the job off.

::
Rockstar made $1 billion in 3 days with GTAV, yet they can't find the budget to port RDR to PC.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 28, 2013, 00:29 Wolfox

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 21:09:
Is it just me, or do they attack a lot sooner now? I am noticing they are almost crowding me when I am fighting someone, I am CONSTANTLY doing a counter move. Wasn't this in your face before. A nice change, since the fighting in the previous 2 were easy, they would really spread out and let you get tons of long combos. This one you have to be smarter.

Not just you. Bad guys are more agressive, and so is Batman. I like the change too.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 22:41 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 22:38:

1 and 2 don't have any DLC do they? I don't think the assault rifle and armour count in 2....and you can't DL any DLC from steam.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 22:38 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 22:35 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 22:07 Jerykk

Not sure where you got your info from but the Mass Effect Trilogy is definitely missing most of the ME2 DLC. It doesn't include Lair of the Shadowbroker, Arrival, Overlord or Kasumi - Stolen Memory. Basically, all the DLC with any substance.

http://gamerant.com/mass-effect-trilogy-dlc/

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 21:43 Dev

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 21:09 xXBatmanXx

Wolfox wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 16:27:
Quinn wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 13:55:
Batman: Arkham Origins is awesome. Just like the first and second game. People who love the first two but complain about this one probably have a hard time dealing with the fact there's not much innovation. Other than that, it's just more of the same awesomeness.

Ditto. I'm really liking the game so far, though it's considerably more buggy than City was at release. I hope they patch the game soon enough.

Playing it via Family Share, and really enjoying it. I like the leveling and breakdown of each fight that they do now to give you a score. Really helps you understand how you are fighting and how you need to step of you game. Is it just me, or do they attack a lot sooner now? I am noticing they are almost crowding me when I am fighting someone, I am CONSTANTLY doing a counter move. Wasn't this in your face before. A nice change, since the fighting in the previous 2 were easy, they would really spread out and let you get tons of long combos. This one you have to be smarter.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 19:08 SlimRam

Clever Caviar wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 15:34:
I've played Mass Effect 1, twice, loved it both times: the music, the story, the atmosphere - brilliant. My tastes nowadays are to play 3rd person games with the controller: age, proximity to a couch, something else. Due to this lack of controller on the PC versions, I've yet to get around to Mass Effects 2 & 3. I think Gamefly currently has the trilogy with all the DLC etc for 20, Origin has done a similar deal before as well. Very tempting, but the stubborn refusal of BioWare to add in controller support, when by all accounts the games have about 90% of the code already in, just really rankles me.

That a company the size of EA, or Bioware can't assign an intern or junior developer to do the, at a max, weeks worth of work to wire in the remaining code to have full controller support on the PC is unbelievable to the point that the only logical reason is that neither *wants* to, for whatever arrogant reason or other. That kind of attitude, on one of their flagship brands no less, I find hard to pay for, so for now I'm not.

Mass Effect 1 PC Gaming Wiki
Mass Effect 3 PC Gaming Wiki
Eurogamer Article on Bioware and (lack of) PC Controller support
As far as using a controller, just download 'Xpadder'. You've probably already heard of this but, all it does is make it so you can map whatever keys you want to your controller. It works good, I used it for all the ME games. ME1 controls are a bit different than the other 2 games but the same configuration works for ME2 and 3.

Slightly Off Movie Quotes:

Han Solo: Still, she's got a lot of spirit. I don't know, whaddya think? You think a princess and a guy like me...

Luke: No. If ANYONE is nailing my sister, it's going to be ME!

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 18:43 Quinn

I'm having no issues with the double-counter move. Are you sure you're pressing your right mouse button twice in these cases?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 18:41 nin

Slashman wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 18:33:
Why was it even taken away from Rocksteady? Did anyone give a reason or did Rocksteady just not want to work on it anymore?

Rumor is they're working on the next title in the series. So they needed more than two years, basically. Kind of like what you see with certain FPS yearly releases: two teams, but alternating schedules.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 18:35 Cutter

The Wolf Among Us. Get it. That is all!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 18:33 Slashman

Why was it even taken away from Rocksteady? Did anyone give a reason or did Rocksteady just not want to work on it anymore?  

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo