Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 27, 2013, 10:53 Redmask

LurkerLito wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 20:28:
The PS4's digital game sharing policy is decent. The only question I have though, is what if you can't deactivate a primary console due to hardware issue? If I didn't fix my YLOD PS3 myself, there would have been no way to deactivate the console if I wasn't willing to spend the money to send the console to Sony to fix. So what happens to my digital purchases in that case? Can I get Sony to deactivate it via a support call?

You can deactivate a console once every 12 months via the website or call support.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 27, 2013, 00:06 killer_roach

The PS4's digital game sharing policy is decent. The only question I have though, is what if you can't deactivate a primary console due to hardware issue? If I didn't fix my YLOD PS3 myself, there would have been no way to deactivate the console if I wasn't willing to spend the money to send the console to Sony to fix. So what happens to my digital purchases in that case? Can I get Sony to deactivate it via a support call?

You can deactivate it by a support call as well, I did that myself in the past.

14. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 22:35 Kobalt

robdot wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 18:47:
to say that nudity doesnt exist on the major consoles is astoundingly ignorant. heavy rain, god of war ,mass effect,max payne 3, duke nukem,dantes inferno, red dead redemption. L.A. noire, dragon age, gta, shadows of the damned, and on and on and on...

Thanks for making my point for me. All the games you listed are not japanese.

13. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 20:38 nin

I would hope that you can do that by managing your account online?

Looking under My Profile\My Account\Manage Sony Entertainment Network Account\My PS3 System it appears you can deactivate your current PS3 serial?

Granted, they certainly don't make that easy to find! I had to step through it several times, and it's not obvious.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 20:28 LurkerLito

11. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 18:47 robdot

to say that nudity doesnt exist on the major consoles is astoundingly ignorant. heavy rain, god of war ,mass effect,max payne 3, duke nukem,dantes inferno, red dead redemption. L.A. noire, dragon age, gta, shadows of the damned, and on and on and on...  

10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 18:23 Kobalt

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 17:59:

Funny thing is that Elfen Lied is Dutch for Elven Song. Funny that the Japanese should call it that.

Anyway, it seems that as long as it's Manga/Anime, it's okay, but if it's Western violence, then it's wrong. It's just stupid cultural "protection" crap.

Something to keep in mind is that in general western games are in fact more violent. Also nudity in games pretty much doesn't exist on the major consoles so I don't see how it has anything to do with where the game came from. It's just a case of games being treated differently from other media because it's seen as for kids. Something that is no different from what goes on in the west.

Something else that might surprise some people:cowboy bebop originally only aired the first 12 episodes because of it's content due to controversy. Anything goes in japan is a myth.

9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 18:21 killer_roach

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 17:59:
Funny thing is that Elfen Lied is Dutch for Elven Song. Funny that the Japanese should call it that.

Anyway, it seems that as long as it's Manga/Anime, it's okay, but if it's Western violence, then it's wrong. It's just stupid cultural "protection" crap.

It's also German, which is the more relevant there (the opening sequence invokes the paintings of Austrian artist Gustav Klimt).

Also, yes, it was aired in Japan, but not on broadcast channels and was aired late at night.

8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 17:59 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 15:26:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 14:29:
That's really strange about the censorship in the Japanese version of GTA. Japanese media is no stranger to both gratuitous nudity and explicit violence (Very NSFW example here. The fun starts at 0 seconds). TV, for example, is much more permissive about nudity especially, and only full frontal is explicitly banned.

Maybe they were shooting for some kind of rating more permissible to yung'uns?

<watches first 3 minutes> OK, WTF was THAT?!

7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 17:18 1badmf

i'm pretty into anime and i tried to watch elfen lied once, but it's pushing the boundaries even for anime. most anime isn't that bad.  

6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 16:23 killer_roach

That's really strange about the censorship in the Japanese version of GTA. Japanese media is no stranger to both gratuitous nudity and explicit violence (Very NSFW example here. The fun starts at 0 seconds). TV, for example, is much more permissive about nudity especially, and only full frontal is explicitly banned.

Japan has different regulations for interactive media.

5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 15:26 nin

<watches first 3 minutes> OK, WTF was THAT?!

4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 14:29 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 13:42 nin

Each PS4 user will have a registered "primary console," and once they download games on that console, anyone even folks using different logins can play them. Moreover, if you've got a PlayStation Plus subscription on the account bound to your primary console, all the users on that console can enjoy "certain benefits," including online multiplayer

Holy shit, "reasonable" won out!

2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 13:17 Redmask

Axis wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 11:49:
I admit it didn't have a firestorm of attention like I hoped

Understatement of the year.

I doubt the Ouya will even be around in a years time, developers say sales just aren't there and they would know which means no revenue for Ouya.

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2013, 11:49 Axis

Ouya is fun well worth having in my LR for the kids. I admit it didn't have a firestorm of attention like I hoped but maybe it'll find its long-term niche as it's still going to make a reasonably-priced console every year.  

Yours truly,

Axis

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo