Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Game Reviews Oct 27, 2013, 15:18 Prez

Redmask wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 10:56:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 23:22:
Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 22:52:
Perfect review of PoE and seems like a reasonable score for the same ol' same ol' hack 'n slash genre that's getting tired.

Same ol'? What about their skill system, currency system, passive tree, and now the dominus boss battle (it rivals most MMORPG Raid bosses) is same ol? Clearly you havent played 1.00 poe to dominus.

He can be forgiven for that considering it's barely days old and it's not like there isn't a lot of other content to judge.

If someone isn't a fan of a genre, be it in music, games, or movies, they tend to not bother to look for the finer points that differentiate different entries within the same genre. As a fan of heavy metal music, I hear "all metal music sounds the same" all the time from non-metal fans.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Game Reviews Oct 27, 2013, 10:56 Redmask

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 23:22:
Perfect review of PoE and seems like a reasonable score for the same ol' same ol' hack 'n slash genre that's getting tired.

Same ol'? What about their skill system, currency system, passive tree, and now the dominus boss battle (it rivals most MMORPG Raid bosses) is same ol? Clearly you havent played 1.00 poe to dominus.

He can be forgiven for that considering it's barely days old and it's not like there isn't a lot of other content to judge.

6. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2013, 23:22 dj LiTh

5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2013, 22:52 Steele Johnson

4. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2013, 16:16 Redmask

Like I said, I thought it was a fine and balanced review. He could gone into more detail on the games strengths and weaknesses but for the most part conveys a decent impression for people to decide if they want to play the game or not. The hardcore shit comes later and no one realistically expects him to give that sort of in depth knowledge that only comes with months of experience.

I don't really see a problem with the score either, I thought POE was 7/10 or an 8/10 if I ignore some of the things that bugged me. Decent enough game with an appreciable business model but not the second coming.

3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2013, 15:01 Axis

It's actually one of the silliest 'reviews' I've seen.

He says absolutely nothing that anyone wouldn't know after playing it for 30 minutes.

After lavishly praising his obviously little time in the game, he applies some arbitrary unqualified 7/10 due to what appears to be his only complaint of 'no story'. Oh he also thinks combat is easy, its clear he never played past normal level and certainly not chaos or merciless, and without a doubt wouldn't have even attempted nemesis or any HC league where the only 'challenge' in any arpg is, and happens to be brutal in POE unless you have a year or more of understanding of the mechanics, or are lucky picking up a FOTM. And more players never means more monsters, just higher health pool only for them.

Bad review, zero confidence.

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2013, 13:26 Redmask

It's actually a very balanced and reasonable review of the game.  

1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2013, 11:55 Axis

SO Book-in-a-game eurogamer reviewer takes issue with action game because there's no book to read over and over and over.

So action games like ARPGs, FPS,s RTS's or their million of hybrids won't make you happy, fine. Then don't review them -- go back to reading or replay planescape 1000 times instead...

Yours truly,

Axis

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo