Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Many of you have expressed ongoing concern, so here's a quick update on Hudson the wonder dog, who is doing much better the past few days. Following her procedure and medication her rough breathing has cleared up, her energy has improved, and her appetite is back to normal. The bad news about that last point is that is her normal appetite is pretty moderate, so I'm not having much success getting her to eat enough to restore her lost weight. But we can keep working on that, and otherwise she's doing great at the moment. Again, thanks for all the good juju. :)

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Zombie Mart.
Candy Crush.
Media: Guy builds his own submarine from a kayak.
Rage Quit - Snowboard 2D. NSFW. Thanks nin.
Follow-up: Affleck Says He Was Hesitant To Play Batman.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2013, 03:38 Ledge

yep, great to hear blue, Hudson the wonder dog has such a wonderful caring family looking after him, hes in the best care.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2013, 00:37 Kitkoan

That's great to hear Blue.  

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2013, 00:02 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 15:43:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 14:37:
Guy builds his own submarine from a kayak.

But does he use it to smuggle drugs?

I find the whole narcosub thing fascinating. The whole idea of building something designed to smuggle, and then trying to get caught while also not drowning, etc is just nuts...

It's interesting too because you know the cartels can afford real subs, which would stand a much better chance of not being caught. They spend a million on a shitmarine when they could just pop $20 million on a real personal sub. Or they could build real subs. But no, they cobble fiberglass and spit together and lose 30% of their product. Derp.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 23:58 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 15:12:

War on drugs. What a fucking joke. It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

It's the crazy "moral majority" forcing things that have always existed along with man to be illegal. Drugs, prostitution, gambling - people will always want to do these things. Making them illegal just begets violence.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 21:22 Yosemite Sam

Good to hear Hudson is doing well, not sure what her dietary needs are, but some fatty ground beef (regular ground beef) mixed with her food might do the trick... assuming shes allowed to eat that.

EDIT Been a long time but I vaguely remember feeding my dog a mix of regular ground beef, rice and pumpkin.

Puppy chow generally tends to be very high in fat so if you have a lightweight dog whom is active and has a high metabolism, it's a great way to keep their weight within healthy comfortability.

Puppy Chow is garbage, dog probably do better eating its own feces. Anything you can buy in a grocery store chain is crap, all of it.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2013, 21:33.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 20:26 Burrito of Peace

I'm glad to hear that Hudson is doing much better, Blue.

I have a very geriatric pup whom is half Collie and half Cocker. She's very thin and keeping weight on her is an issue. Puppy chow generally tends to be very high in fat so if you have a lightweight dog whom is active and has a high metabolism, it's a great way to keep their weight within healthy comfortability.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 17:27 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 15:16:
Dough and the Slugs - Day by Day

Always one my favourite songs when I'm feeling a little down. Picks me right up and sets me on my way again. Such a positive tune. I miss these guys.

"Day by day I'm feeling stronger
Day by day I'm lasting longer
Day by day you help me make my way"

Mine is on the High Fidelity soundtrack, and is a great song for a crappy day, and was inserted perfectly into the movie.

Beta Band - Dry the Rain

If there's something inside that you wanna say
Say it out loud it'll be okay
I will be your light
I will be your light
I will be your light
I will be your light

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2013, 17:54.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 17:25 xXBatmanXx

What an AMAZING Minnesota Gopher football game beating Nebraska!!!!! Even though I was working the game, it was still pretty cool being there. We had lost the last 16 in a row against Nebraska.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 15:53 MajorD

Okay, another post, but I had to share this. 240 year old Swiss automation that I find quite amazing, so I wanted to be sure and share it. Enjoy.....

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2013, 22:11.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 15:46 MajorD

nin wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 13:28:
...Also glad she has such a caring family to look after her. Not all animals get that, and it makes me want to scream...

Yeah, dogs are so damn loyal and put their life on the line to protect you without any hesitation, so when they're mistreated and abused, it just really saddens me. Dogs are the best!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 15:43 nin

I find the whole narcosub thing fascinating. The whole idea of building something designed to smuggle, and then trying to get caught while also not drowning, etc is just nuts...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 15:16 Cutter

Dough and the Slugs - Day by Day

Always one my favourite songs when I'm feeling a little down. Picks me right up and sets me on my way again. Such a positive tune. I miss these guys.

"Day by day I'm feeling stronger
Day by day I'm lasting longer
Day by day you help me make my way"

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 15:12 Cutter

War on drugs. What a fucking joke. It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 14:37 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 13:34 Agent.X7

Julio wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 11:49:
I don't find Batman has the appeal it once did to me, but I wish Affleck was more hesitant so he didn't take the role. Daredevil was bad enough.

You'd think there would be more options given how many actors are out there.

Just like everything, it's all about politics.

And that sub is pretty cool. Not as cool as the stuff the drug cartels have, but cool for being home built.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 13:28 nin

MajorD wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 12:47:
Thanks for the update; I'm glad to hear Hudson 'The Wonder Dog' is doing better, that is great news. Have you tried bacon dipped in peanut butter? Winkrazz

Agreed. Glad things are headed in the right direction. Just take it day by day. Also glad she has such a caring family to look after her. Not all animals get that, and it makes me want to scream...

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2013, 13:43.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 13:19 Quboid

Thanks Blue, yay Hudson!  

- Quboid

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 12:47 MajorD

Thanks for the update; I'm glad to hear Hudson 'The Wonder Dog' is doing better, that is great news. Have you tried bacon dipped in peanut butter? Winkrazz

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 12:22 Creston

Yay Hudson!  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 11:49 Julio

I don't find Batman has the appeal it once did to me, but I wish Affleck was more hesitant so he didn't take the role. Daredevil was bad enough.

You'd think there would be more options given how many actors are out there.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo