Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

AMD Beta Drivers

AMD Support now offers new Catalyst 13.11 Beta V6 drivers for AMD/ATI graphics cards. The new drivers support the new R9 290 and R9 290X graphics cards, and boast some impressive performance improvements:

• ​Batman: Arkham Origins - improves performance up to 35% with MSAA 8x enabled
  • Total War™: Rome 2 - improves performance up to 10%
  • Battlefield 3 - improves performance up to 10%
  • GRID 2 - improves performance up to 8.5%
  • DiRT Showdown - improves performance up to 10%
  • Formula 1™ 2013 - improves performance up to 8%
  • DiRT 3 - improves performance up to 7%
  • Sleeping Dogs - improves performance up to 5%

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: AMD Beta Drivers Oct 26, 2013, 20:31 Simon Says

DangerDog wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 23:45:
The 290x needs a custom cooler, running the card in "uber" performance mode the 55db noise from the cooler would drive me out of the room. Some reviews recommend setting the cooler to 100% and letting the card go to those levels if it needs to.

Waiting to see what the 290 non-X can do, if it needs to run at 95C also then that might be a deal breaker until they shrink the die.

Stock coolers for the gtx 760/770 were total crap too, always hitting 80c and throttling, I'm sure the OEMs will deliver, don't worry, as for the drivers, I'm using AMDs latest drivers right now, they work splendidly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: AMD Beta Drivers Oct 26, 2013, 03:29 shihonage

Given how the "shitty drivers" wave has hit NVidia again, my next card will probably be ATI.

Before this, I owned an ATI card but their drivers became crap.

I can only hope that both sides aren't producing shitty drivers at the same time.

4. Re: AMD Beta Drivers Oct 25, 2013, 23:45 DangerDog

The 290x needs a custom cooler, running the card in "uber" performance mode the 55db noise from the cooler would drive me out of the room. Some reviews recommend setting the cooler to 100% and letting the card go to those levels if it needs to.

Waiting to see what the 290 non-X can do, if it needs to run at 95C also then that might be a deal breaker until they shrink the die.

3. Re: AMD Beta Drivers Oct 25, 2013, 22:49 Cutter

Well I just bought a Sapphire 7950 3GB and it kicks ass. I can run everything on ultra and still see 60-120+fps on whatever I'm playing so I can only imagine what the 290s can do.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: AMD Beta Drivers Oct 25, 2013, 22:25 Wookiestick

New HD legacy drivers too, such as for the 4000 series.  

Love thy wookie.

1. Re: AMD Beta Drivers Oct 25, 2013, 20:36 JediPunisher

I'm really tempted by the new R9 290X... TITAN level performance at almost half the price (it actually beats the Titan at 4K resolutions). One card has twice the performance of my Toxic HD5850 crossfire duo, and would eat 200W less... but my 3.5 year old i7-980x based PC runs everything I throw at it without breaking a sweat, so it's hard to justify the upgrade. Maybe the PC ports of the next-gen console games will really push the envelope, but I won't hold by breath.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo