Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: etc., etc. Oct 26, 2013, 19:04 killer_roach

jimnms wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 18:46:
I saw something similar on a forum post a while back. The only EA game I own on Steam is BFBC2. When I tried to activate it on Origin, it directed me to a website, which then gave me an error (it was months ago, so don't remember the details). I just tried it and it recognizes the key as BFBC2, but then says the key has already been redeemed.

Yeah, most of my EA games on Steam ported over to Origin just fine, although Mass Effect wouldn't. Additionally, a key for NFS ProStreet that I had from Direct2Drive (now Gamefly) wouldn't activate on Origin either. Newer stuff seems to work just fine, but older titles are somewhat sketchy on their success.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: etc., etc. Oct 26, 2013, 18:46 jimnms

I saw something similar on a forum post a while back. The only EA game I own on Steam is BFBC2. When I tried to activate it on Origin, it directed me to a website, which then gave me an error (it was months ago, so don't remember the details). I just tried it and it recognizes the key as BFBC2, but then says the key has already been redeemed.  

MeanJim on Steam

4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 26, 2013, 01:58 xXBatmanXx

Long ago when they started that program (before gun club which is now gone) for the BF legends or whatever stuff (your BF level) I had to email them. I had to scan the box, cd, and key fo rthem to trigger it within their system. And it was for BF Secret Weapons. Kind of a pain, but oh well. They did help me quickly.....

/and I finally broke. I have BF3 (hard to argue a $2.00 game) and some free stuff they gave me. Populous and what not. It is always off unless I am playing, and their program sucks really bad. The browser stuff outside of game is the dumbest idea ever.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2013, 23:07 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 20:32:
I had some issues with BF2142 and Spore, and I checked the EA page and they have a service where they will call you back. Well they called me back within a min, and ended up with the GOTY code for 2142 for free. I'm all about EA hating as the next person but they were awesome.
Now if I could just get punkbuster to quit banning me every time I try to play 2142...

I had to call them once over a TOR order (I had a digital order in, and instead wanted to go with a physical copy) and was surprised that I not only spoke to a person right away, but they were kind, knowledgeable, and quickly fixed my order. Hands down the best experience I ever had with EA.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2013, 20:32 The Half Elf

I had some issues with BF2142 and Spore, and I checked the EA page and they have a service where they will call you back. Well they called me back within a min, and ended up with the GOTY code for 2142 for free. I'm all about EA hating as the next person but they were awesome.
Now if I could just get punkbuster to quit banning me every time I try to play 2142...

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 25, 2013, 19:59 Shok

Still Origin free but the comment on that article is comedy gold lol.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo