Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut

Eidos Montreal and Eidos announce the release of the Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, an updated edition of their action/RPG that includes the game's pre- and post-release content, revamped boss battles, a new Game+ mode, and more. "The Director’s Cut is our opportunity to address and implement all of the amazing feedback we received from the community into our much loved Deus Ex: Human Revolution," said David Anfossi, Eidos-Montréal Head of Studio. "We’re incredibly lucky to have such a passionate community and we hope that new and returning players alike enjoy what we consider to be the definitive version of Human Revolution." Here's a bit:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut has been fully augmented to include Tongs’s Rescue mission and the entire Missing Link chapter which have been integrated seamlessly into the narrative flow as well as all of the original pre-order and bonus weapons. Fan features like the 45 minute “making of” video, over 8 hours of developer commentary, the official strategy guide, and New Game+ have also been added to the Director’s Cut.

Boss fights have been completely overhauled and redesigned with new maps and mechanics to support each one of the gameplay pillars: Action, Stealth, and Hacking. Major enhancements have also been made to the game including a rebalanced energy system, updated enemy A.I., and striking visual improvements which make this edition the best looking and most immersive Deus Ex experience available.

View
62 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

62. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 27, 2013, 21:09 SpectralMeat

I haven't played this game in a long time so I can not pin point every single changes they've made to the original game but I know this, I've been enjoying this game a lot more this time around then when I first played it.

It was $5 (I've made off of useless trading cards) well spent

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

61. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 27, 2013, 11:07 Redmask

Man just the fact that the characters don't jerk around like Thunderbirds marionettes anymore makes this totally worth it.  

60. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 20:40 Quboid

Sho wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 14:09:
Does it put you in god mode while the commentary runs?

It didn't even occur to me to check, I assumed not. I was worried about saving the hostages in time, IIRC there's no other point in the game when you can't just stop and listen once an area's clear.

- Quboid

59. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 14:09 Sho

Does it put you in god mode while the commentary runs?  

58. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 14:09 Quboid

You still need to activate the commentary by 'using' thin air when a prompt pops up in the corner - so it's basically nodeular (that's a word). Once it starts you can't stop it, which made me worry about those hostages as their lives tick tick ticks away.  

- Quboid

57. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 14:04 nin

Riker wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 13:59:
Sho wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 12:42:
I am a sucker for Valve/Crystal Dynamics-style activatable node-based commentary modes in games. If that's how this works, I am so going to replay this. These guys rock.
It's automatic rather than something you can activate, unfortunately. Several times I've unintentionally re-trigged a several-minutes-long commentary, which is a bit annoying.

Damn. Maybe they can patch that, too. As much as I backtrack and explore, that could easily get annoying in a hurry.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

56. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 14:01 Sho

Riker wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 13:59:
It's automatic rather than something you can activate, unfortunately. Several times I've unintentionally re-trigged a several-minutes-long commentary, which is a bit annoying.

Meh.

55. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 13:59 Riker

Sho wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 12:42:
I am a sucker for Valve/Crystal Dynamics-style activatable node-based commentary modes in games. If that's how this works, I am so going to replay this. These guys rock.
There's not a visual node you can activate, but you'll get an interface prompt when you're standing on a commentary hotspot. I just wish there was a way to stop it once triggered, as I unintentionally re-trigger several-minutes-long clips on a regular basis.

(Edited because I incorrectly stated that the commentary was triggered automatically.)

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2013, 14:07.

54. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 13:56 HorrorScope

Harlequin wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 08:42:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 21:22:
Sorry, I already paid full price for the game and the DLC, I'm not paying 5 bucks (even if I did have it) for what should be given for free.

So when Peter Jackson put out the extended edition of the LotR moves because you bought the first release that should have been given to you for free?

Yeah the screaming (internet in general) over $5 is sad. Because you know what the other option is? No option. No one will have the ability to experience changes even if they would have liked to. If you don't want to spend the $5 great, move along. The original game delivered on its promise. I get "I'm a poor kid in school", but you can ruin it for the rest of us and someday you won't be a poor kid in school. Do you want nice things then or not?

53. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 12:27 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 03:07:
Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 02:56:
Awesome.

Anyone know where to find the "making of" video?

There's one in the Extras menu (off the main menu). That's the only video I've found, so I'm assuming that's it?

grazie.

52. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 10:24 Prez

Verno wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 10:52:
CeeJay wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 10:19:
If you already own all the rest (like I do) then it should have been a free patch.

I don't want to buy the game twice.

It was $5 if you own the rest, pretty reasonable for the content additions IMO.

Agreed. It's not like the original wasn't brilliant and awesome in its own right.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

51. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 10:15 Quboid

I think it comes down to whether you see these as fixes or additions. If these are fixes, they should be in a free patch. In my view, these are additions - the boss fights were a valid criticism of the game design and development but they worked.

I didn't have any problems with the AI and I don't know what's changed. Perhaps they are fixes, in which case they should be free, but even then the original shipped product clearly wasn't deeply flawed in that regard.

- Quboid

50. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 09:11 Redmask

Sorry, I already paid full price for the game and the DLC, I'm not paying 5 bucks (even if I did have it) for what should be given for free.

Why should it be given for free? They gave you a full and complete game experience, this is post release content tweaks & additions long after the fact. Before you come at this with an opposition reply, stop and try to think about it for a moment. Do you really think Deus EX HR shortchanged you on play time or content? Do you really believe that $5 is an unreasonable fee for what they're asking?

I'm all for making a stand when it's warranted and companies are dicking us around with DLC but I just don't see it here. If the tweaks aren't worth the asking price to you then I totally get that but saying it should be free seems a bit off to me.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2013, 10:01.

49. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 08:42 Harlequin

So when Peter Jackson put out the extended edition of the LotR moves because you bought the first release that should have been given to you for free?

48. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 03:09 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 01:27:
Barrett, for example, I was able to get away, go through some vents, hack a garage door open and hack some turrets hidden in a storage locker to be on my side, set them up, and let them handle him.

I also saw a punchable wall in the storage room with the turrets.
Wow that's just awesome...they...fixed it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

47. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 03:07 nin

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 02:56:
Awesome.

There's one in the Extras menu (off the main menu). That's the only video I've found, so I'm assuming that's it?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

46. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 02:56 Creston

Awesome.

45. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 01:27 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 01:05:
How are the boss fights? Much improved, as reported?

Barrett, for example, I was able to get away, go through some vents, hack a garage door open and hack some turrets hidden in a storage locker to be on my side, set them up, and let them handle him.

I also saw a punchable wall in the storage room with the turrets.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

44. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 01:05 Creston

How are the boss fights? Much improved, as reported?  

43. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 22:22 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 21:47:
NKD wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 21:45:
Nearing the end of a Directors Cut playthrough. Well worth the miniscule asking price.

Holy crap, have you been playing around the clock?

Not really, but I've beaten the game several times already so I'm virtually speed running the thing.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

62 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo