Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today begins the 100 day countdown to the Super Bowl, which will be played right near here in Met Life stadium. I think it's pretty considerate of the Giants to effectively rule out the idea they would be participants, which moots my pain that would accompany seeing the cost of scalping tickets to the game if they were playing.

Super Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Lakeview Cabin.
Bounzy Halloween.
Images: Familiar looking meth dealers busted on COPS. Thanks reddit.
Media: Gambit: Another Useless X-Man Gets Fired.
Incredible Stop-Motion Mega Man.
Car gets hit by the slowest train ever. The famed slow motion train wreck.
Follow-up: Abrams and Kasdan taking over as writers of 'Star Wars- Episode VII'. Thanks nin.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 11:19 Prez

Gambit: Another Useless X-Man Gets Fired.

I almost laughed til I cried! Grin

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 05:23 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 20:11:
wonder what happened with michael arnt. i'm a huge fan of his writing; i really thought he could bring an element of intimate character relationships to star wars. i've never been entirely convinced kasdan was the reason behind the genius of ESB. to me that was like, 90% Irving Kerschner and 10% kasdan.

Well, with input from the actors. Han Solo's famous "I know." line in response to Leia's "I love you" was changed by Ford. Something sappier was written, and Ford felt the character wouldn't say something sappy. "I know" fits so much better with the character.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2013, 20:46 dj LiTh

@ Cutter

Here is my Boleh VPN invite URL You get i think a week free and i get a day free or some such. I'm in Germany and connect to the US VPN for streaming netflix (HD quality no stutter or lag). I also watch NFL Game Pass for free by connecting to the Netherlands VPN (People in the Netherlands get it for free, you dont have to sign up or anything with nfl.com). I'm on a 30mbit connection and typically get 25mbit connection when connecting to the States or Netherlands or any of the other dozen other countries boleh offers (think its: US east & west / canada /netherlands / luxembourg / switzerland / germany / sweden / uk / hongkong / france

Its a pretty sweet deal (and no i dont work for em). If only for the free nfl football i recommend it whole heatedly.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2013, 20:11 1badmf

wonder what happened with michael arnt. i'm a huge fan of his writing; i really thought he could bring an element of intimate character relationships to star wars. i've never been entirely convinced kasdan was the reason behind the genius of ESB. to me that was like, 90% Irving Kerschner and 10% kasdan.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2013, 18:12 Julio

Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 15:46:
Cam any of my fellow Canucks recommend a cheap or free VPN service so I get down on some US goodness like Netflix, Hulu, etc.

It's not free, and I'm not sure it's the cheapest but Private Internet Access works pretty well.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2013, 15:46 Cutter

Cam any of my fellow Canucks recommend a cheap or free VPN service so I get down on some US goodness like Netflix, Hulu, etc.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2013, 14:07 jdreyer

Woohoo! Only 100 more days before I can watch the coolest ads of the year!

Thumbsup

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2013, 13:03 Agent.X7

+1000 awesome points to Abrams for having the guts to totally toss Lucas's idea and hire the guy who did Empire instead. The Force is strong in this one.

PS - SUCK IT TREKKIES! *In a Sean Connery accent. Think SNL Jeopardy.*

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2013, 11:52 Cutter

Well you can't really trash Star Wars because Lucas already did that after Empire. Whilst Star Trek has been mostly downhill since after TNG you can't much blame Roddenberry for that. Lamebrams makes the bad even worse.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2013, 10:05 InBlack

Damn that Abrams asshole, damn him to hell. He can hire Lindeloff to write dog turds all day for Star Trek, but for the new Star Wars he hires Kasdan, of Raiders of the Lost Ark and Empire Strikes back fame. Damn Star Wars fanboy....Star Trek never gets any love...  

I have a nifty blue line!

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo