Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 13:36 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 12:32:
Fortunately it had two really good leads.

Tom Hiddleston made that movie.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 13:33 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 05:43:
I find it ironic that in this day and agae this movie is being produced at all. No disrespect, but America aint that popular in the rest of the world anymore, and I doubt that even for americans patriotism means even a fraction of what it did anymore or that people even understand or care what true patriotism is.

Did you even watch the trailer? It seems like they're actually exploring some of these same themes in the movie, that America IS subverting its own values. It's pretty rare for a "popcorn" flick to explore these kinds of themes.

18. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 12:32 Beamer

El Pit wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 12:08:
Cap is a great character, but the first movie was very weak. Chris Evans wasn't a good choice for Cap, and Joe Johnston's movies are formulaic and bland. Hugo Weaving was good as Red Skull, though.

I thought it was surprisingly good, but because I believed all this going in. And it was all true - Chris Evans was a bit too naive and passive (hopefully Cap has grown in confidence), Joe Johnston films from too far away (figuratively, and possibly literally) to really sweep the viewer into his world, etc.
But I felt the movie was greater than the sum of its parts. Not an incredible movie, but I expected to hate it and find it mind-numbing.

I liked it more than Thor, which was basically a guy in a weird suit standing around in a desert doing nothing for way too much of the movie. Granted, that seems to be how Marvel movies work (The Avengers was a bunch of guys in normal clothing standing around inside a room doing nothing interesting for over half the film, but then really paid off in the second half, or final third, whichever it was), but man, did nothing happen in Thor. Fortunately it had two really good leads.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

17. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 12:08 El Pit

Cap is a great character, but the first movie was very weak. Chris Evans wasn't a good choice for Cap, and Joe Johnston's movies are formulaic and bland. Hugo Weaving was good as Red Skull, though.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

16. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 10:16 Burrito of Peace

Darks wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 09:58:
The crap Iím referring to Black, is a Cross thatís been up on top on a hill for generations, now some smuck who has an issue with it comes here and complains and wants it removed. Thatís the shit that boils my blood to no end. If they donít like it, go back to the shit hole they crawled out of. This is just one instance of many other things like it.

The land of the free, where all men are created equal and possess inalienable rights, indeed. So long as you're part of the chosen tribe.

What. The. Fuck. Ever.

15. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 09:58 Darks

InBlack wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 09:39:
Darks wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 08:41:
gray wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 08:10:
I find it ironic that in this day and agae this movie is being produced at all. No disrespect, but America aint that popular in the rest of the world anymore, and I doubt that even for americans patriotism means even a fraction of what it did anymore or that people even understand or care what true patriotism is.

As an outside observer American patriotism has been subverted to a point where it's now unrecognisable.

The only thing thatís subverted is outside asshole like yourself that come to our country and try to fucking change our way of life here. No, American Patriotism is alive and well thank you!!

This is an example of what Im talking about. (I sincerely hope Darks was joking)

The crap Iím referring to Black, is a Cross thatís been up on top on a hill for generations, now some smuck who has an issue with it comes here and complains and wants it removed. Thatís the shit that boils my blood to no end. If they donít like it, go back to the shit hole they crawled out of. This is just one instance of many other things like it.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

14. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 09:39 InBlack

Darks wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 08:41:

As an outside observer American patriotism has been subverted to a point where it's now unrecognisable.

The only thing thatís subverted is outside asshole like yourself that come to our country and try to fucking change our way of life here. No, American Patriotism is alive and well thank you!!

This is an example of what Im talking about. (I sincerely hope Darks was joking)

I have a nifty blue line!

13. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 09:09 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 08:44:
I thought the same thing while sitting through the last Superman.

As did I. This "Rah-rah go USA! USA #1!!!!!" bullshit is tiresome.

12. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 08:44 nin

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 08:13:
Captain America is a jingoistic has-been from a bygone era that isn't really applicable in the modern era.

I though the same thing while sitting through the last Superman.

edit:

"American Patriotism" has been hijacked as a political tool. Because if someone doesn't agree with you (not you personally, but the general "you") they don't love this country, and are possibly traitors.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2013, 08:52.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 08:41 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

10. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 08:13 Burrito of Peace

Captain America is a jingoistic has-been from a bygone era that isn't really applicable in the modern era.  

9. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 08:10 gray

8. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 05:43 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: Into the Black Oct 24, 2013, 23:23 PropheT

Ladron3dfx wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 22:11:
Baron (something, vampire, cap cut his head off w/ shield)

Baron Zemo. He'd probably be my favorite, and he wouldn't be terrible for the movies either.

6. Re: Into the Black Oct 24, 2013, 22:43 Cutter

My 3 mains as a kid were Submariner, Flash, and Thor. I liked the old Avengers but mostly for Cap and the Vision. Watching this trailer again it kinda looks like the may be setting this up for the Civil War. Dig the part where he responds "I thought the punishment comes after the crime" and "This isn't freedom, this is fear."

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Into the Black Oct 24, 2013, 22:11 Ladron3dfx

Best enemies of Cap? Name 'em. (No Googlin')

Red Skull
Hydra
Baron (something, vampire, cap cut his head off w/ shield)
Taskmaster? (mimics moves/abilities of several superheroes)

I didn't collect Cap' all that much. More of a FF & Hulk collector.

Wow, I can't remember nothin'.

Steamworks

4. Re: Into the Black Oct 24, 2013, 21:46 nin

jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 21:40:
Hey, Netflix is totally down for me. Anyone else?

I get "loading" in the browser, and then just a blank screen...

edit: Loaded after a few refreshes, but says:
We're currently experiencing a technical issue.

While we get things back to normal, some features aren't available - but you can play select titles on this page.

edit again: Cabin in the Woods is available - go watch THAT!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Into the Black Oct 24, 2013, 21:40 jdreyer

Hey, Netflix is totally down for me. Anyone else?  

2. Re: Into the Black Oct 24, 2013, 18:56 The Half Elf

Thank god they got rid of his Avenger's outfit, I couldn't stand it, but I wish there was some red in the trailer version.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Into the Black Oct 24, 2013, 18:31 Cutter

Everyone loves Cap...except Apple and their cult members. They better keep with the classic uniform as the new one looks like shite. He also doesn't look quite as buff this time around.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo