Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dark Matter Follow-up: Interwave a "Sleeping Company" - New Studio Fixing Ending

Gamasutra has a follow-up to the complaints about the ending of Dark Matter that resulted in the tactical adventure being relabeled an episode accompanied by promises that the game's episode's unsatisfying ending would be addressed in a future update. It turns out a different studio is handling those duties, as sources tell them that most of the employees of original Dark Matter developer Interwave Studios lost their jobs over the summer, and the apparent intent was to use sales of what they are now calling Dark Matter Episode 1 to hire them back to further support the game. Gamasutra cites two separate sources, but their story is not yet officially confirmed. They also note that the game has been pulled from Steam and GOG.com due to customer complaints.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Dark Matter Follow-up: Interwave a Oct 24, 2013, 20:59 HorrorScope

Got news when the game comes back online for sale, it has been renamed "Doesn't Matter".  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Dark Matter Follow-up: Interwave a Oct 24, 2013, 12:49 BobBob

Hire them back? What are they staying in cryostasis? Most people need a steady income to pay the bills.  

8. Re: Dark Matter Follow-up: Interwave a Oct 24, 2013, 08:48 Quboid

Valve only pull things from Steam if there's a clear case of mis-selling. A clearly unfinished game like Dark Matter, or a mis-sold game like War Z. Rightly or wrongly, Day One's bullshit wasn't to do with Steam so Valve are't getting involved.

I'd quite like shit like Day One to be taken off because by all appearances, it's not fit for sale. It's so buggy that Dark Matter is probably more complete, but Dark Matter is so very definite in it's incompleteness that Valve can't ignore it.

- Quboid

7. Re: Dark Matter Follow-up: Interwave a Oct 23, 2013, 18:41 Darks

So, if the customer has complained like everyone has for this game and they pulled it from GOG and Steam, why hasn't those shady bastards for Day Ones game been pulled from Steam yet? those guys are even more shady and corrupt. their games should be banned for life.

Seems only fair to me and that game got far worst reviews and their Metacritic score if you can call that a score of 0.5 is about as bad as it gets.

At least Dark matter was playable without to much hassle.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

6. Re: Dark Matter Follow-up: Interwave a Oct 23, 2013, 18:27 Fletch

I said earlier I wished I hadn't bought it, but I'm having fun with it. I'll wait and see what kind of fix they come up with. If it's now episodic, and they have a proper crew working on it, I'll probably get the next episode(s) as well.  

5. Re: Dark Matter Follow-up: Interwave a Oct 23, 2013, 17:36 Kosumo

Nice Neil Young ref there Cutter, just heard that song 45 mins ago on radio.

We should all be quite, I don't think we should wake them up.

I tend (try) not to buy thing that need to be fixed out of the box.

4. Re: Dark Matter Follow-up: Interwave a Oct 23, 2013, 17:11 killer_roach

Cutter wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 16:57:
Oh fellas just give it up. We've seen the needle and the damage done. The milk has been spilled. The water is long under the bridge. Forget it about move forward.

Honestly, I'm almost curious to play the game now... too bad it's almost completely off the market anymore, although I'm pretty sure I wouldn't buy it at MSRP.

3. Re: Dark Matter Follow-up: Interwave a Oct 23, 2013, 16:57 Cutter

Oh fellas just give it up. We've seen the needle and the damage done. The milk has been spilled. The water is long under the bridge. Forget it about move forward.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Dark Matter Follow-up: Interwave a Oct 23, 2013, 16:54 Creston

In other words "Dammit, we fired those clowns right in the middle of production and then shoved what they'd made into a box and called it a game! And now you GAMERS want an actual ending?! SHIT!"

1. Re: Dark Matter Follow-up: Interwave a Oct 23, 2013, 15:46 jdreyer

Good on GOG, even though they're probably taking a hit on that.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo