Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Sims 4 Next Fall

EA announces The Sims 4 will be released in fall 2014:

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) today announced that The Sims™ 4 will be shipping in fall 2014 worldwide. In development at Maxis’ The Sims Studio, The Sims 4 brings all new ways to play with life; powerful new creative tools, all-new Sims with enhanced emotion and intelligence, and a gaming experience where players control the mind, body and heart of their Sims to bring their stories to life like never before.

“Those millions of voices will fuel our development process, helping The Sims 4 to be the most ambitious and the best game our studio has ever made. We can’t wait to see our fans reaction when The Sims 4 comes out in fall 2014.”

“The Sims franchise has the best fans in the world and their passion and enthusiasm is at an all-time high,” said Rachel Franklin, VP and General Manager of The Sims Studio. “Those millions of voices will fuel our development process, helping The Sims 4 to be the most ambitious and the best game our studio has ever made. We can’t wait to see our fans reaction when The Sims 4 comes out in fall 2014.”

The Sims is one of the best-selling and most beloved franchises in the history of gaming. More than four years after its launch, The Sims 3 continues to be played every day as players exchange their creativity, stories and life’s moments across an array of social networks to an audience in the multi-millions.

Pre-orders are available at www.TheSims.com/TheSims4. Those who pre-order now will receive the Limited Edition which comes with The Sims 4 Life of the Party Digital Content. The Sims 4 is coming to PC and is not yet rated by the ESRB. For the latest on The Sims 4 please visit the all-new franchise website at www.TheSims.com/.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 24, 2013, 09:24 Dev

Spektr wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 08:32:
I was wondering the same thing.. After reading the super vague descriptions of the game's features I have no clue what sets this apart from previous games.
It has...

A FOUR!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 23, 2013, 14:35 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 08:33:
Like I've said before, EA could find a 100% full proof cure for cancer and people would still find fault with it.

No one really cares what you think and I'm pretty sure releasing yet another iteration of The Sims (offline or otherwise) isn't on the same level as curing cancer.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

16. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 23, 2013, 12:19 Nighthawk

I'm pretty sure it's in every companies interests to NOT plan on screwing up a game intentionally, and I'm also pretty sure it's their game to patch as they see fit, and not ask anyone consent to do so.
They made the game, they know where they want to go with it.
You pay for the privilege or playing it, and if you don't like the way a company is going, you have the option of keeping your money from them.
EA is finally learning that last line.

15. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 23, 2013, 09:51 nin

deqer wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 09:44:
Just when you start becoming familiar/good with The Sims (the way it is now), suddenly everything changes and you feel annoyed going through it all over again (with a new system)?

Yah, screw this new game.

Reminds me of how companies take advantage of "patching" by not only patching a game, but changing every god damn thing about the game as well, with or without your consent. gg EULA.

You weren't going to buy it anyway, were you?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 23, 2013, 09:44 deqer

Just when you start becoming familiar/good with The Sims (the way it is now), suddenly everything changes and you feel annoyed going through it all over again (with a new system)?

Yah, screw this new game.

Reminds me of how companies take advantage of "patching" by not only patching a game, but changing every god damn thing about the game as well, with or without your consent. gg EULA.

13. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 23, 2013, 09:00 Optional nickname

The Sims4 should be playable alongside Simcity2013, that would make for a more interesting game. EA should do this for the next iteration, and perhaps there is a way they will do this with Sims4, they have a year to do it. Glassbox AI for commuters and the Sims, will satisfy the nomadic voyeur in all of us!  

12. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 23, 2013, 08:59 Rhino

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 23:04:
The content from The Sims 3 will not be transferable to The Sims 4.

Can someone tell me what difference there even is between 3 and 4 ? Because if trailers for a sequel don't try to differentiate themselves from the prequel you gotta wonder wtf they even bothered to change.

I am guessing nothing?

Not sure. The trailers don't seem to indicate much in the way of advancements or changes. If anything I would hope that the biggest update will be an engine that isn't held together with Elmer's glue and duct tape. That last one... yeesh... it managed its open world relatively well but absolutely nothing else. Even the devs seemed to have a hard time working with it judging by the difficulty they had in adding new gameplay without breaking old features, and even figuring out HOW the features were broken in the first place.

11. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 23, 2013, 08:33 RollinThundr

Endo wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 02:06:
Dev wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 23:47:
I'd buy sims 3 if I could get the COMPLETE package with everything ever released ever under $100.
As long as its going to cost me $1000 or WTF ever, no way.

Wow is this a first? EA listening to their customers? And people here say complaining never does anything.
It's not out yet. Give them time, they'll find a way to royally fuck it up.

Like I've said before, EA could find a 100% full proof cure for cancer and people would still find fault with it.

10. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 23, 2013, 08:32 Spektr

I was wondering the same thing.. After reading the super vague descriptions of the game's features I have no clue what sets this apart from previous games. At the same time I cant claim that I am an expert. The only time I approached that game I was trying make a character that was a communist dictator who couldnt get laid in America. it didnt work out and got tired real quick.. Well if someone made a sims game that has the humour of games such as GTA and Tropico that would be a win.  

9. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 23, 2013, 04:51 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 03:47:
Parias wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 23:25:
Cutter wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 21:58:
Hey! Why don't you make it online only. We see how well that worked out for you! Pfft jackasses!

Actually....

The disastrous launch of SimCity is over and done with. Emerging from the wreckage with two million sales and counting, Electronic Arts is considering allowing the game to be played offline like many of us originally wanted. Speaking to GamesBeat, EA Labels president Frank Gibeau said what we were thinking: that the backlash resulted, at least partially, in The Sims 4 being announced as a "single-player, offline experience."

"In the last few months, we have started making changes to the business practices that gamers clearly don't like," said Gibeau. "In the spring, we dropped our online pass program for consoles -- both next-generation and current-generation. We listened to the feedback on SimCity and decided that The Sims 4 would be built as a single-player, offline experience."

Christ what a tool, SimCity was a clusterfuck of huge epic proportions and their business practices were only half the reason why. The other half being that the game sucked fat smelly donkey balls.

Even now (I sadly own it) the traffic simulation is completely fucked up because of the highway and the way they implemented it. Doesn't help that dump trucks can hold up entire city worth of traffic because of their stop-and-go-over-taking dance.

As you say, a clusterfuck of epic proportions.. ;/

8. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 23, 2013, 03:47 InBlack

Hey! Why don't you make it online only. We see how well that worked out for you! Pfft jackasses!

Actually....

The disastrous launch of SimCity is over and done with. Emerging from the wreckage with two million sales and counting, Electronic Arts is considering allowing the game to be played offline like many of us originally wanted. Speaking to GamesBeat, EA Labels president Frank Gibeau said what we were thinking: that the backlash resulted, at least partially, in The Sims 4 being announced as a "single-player, offline experience."

"In the last few months, we have started making changes to the business practices that gamers clearly don't like," said Gibeau. "In the spring, we dropped our online pass program for consoles -- both next-generation and current-generation. We listened to the feedback on SimCity and decided that The Sims 4 would be built as a single-player, offline experience."

Christ what a tool, SimCity was a clusterfuck of huge epic proportions and their business practices were only half the reason why. The other half being that the game sucked fat smelly donkey balls.

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 23, 2013, 02:06 Endo

Dev wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 23:47:
I'd buy sims 3 if I could get the COMPLETE package with everything ever released ever under $100.

Wow is this a first? EA listening to their customers? And people here say complaining never does anything.
It's not out yet. Give them time, they'll find a way to royally fuck it up.

6. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 22, 2013, 23:47 Dev

Actually....

5. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 22, 2013, 23:25 Parias

Actually....

4. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 22, 2013, 23:04 eRe4s3r

The content from The Sims 3 will not be transferable to The Sims 4.

Can someone tell me what difference there even is between 3 and 4 ? Because if trailers for a sequel don't try to differentiate themselves from the prequel you gotta wonder wtf they even bothered to change.

I am guessing nothing?

3. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 22, 2013, 22:42 Taskeen

Let this game die............  

2. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 22, 2013, 22:36 NKD

Buying this for your wife or girlfriend still counts as supporting EA's business practices, FYI. Sorry dudes.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

1. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 22, 2013, 21:58 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo