Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

QVADRIGA Announced

Matrix Games announces QVADRIGA, a chariot racing strategy game. The game's product page is online with details, and since the game is heading into the beta phase, this page is where to sign up as a tester. Here's word:

During the Roman Ludi, not only gladiatorial fights or theatrical plays entertained the public, but also the thrilling, fast and dangerous races of the aurigas driving their four-horse chariots: the quadrigas! Symbol of Victory and Triumph, and seen as a Godly chariot (Apollo was often represented riding one) on the earthly world, it was the most important chariot adopted in ancient Roman circus racing. Rushing fast inside the Circus Maximus each auriga could not rely only on his horses speed, but also had to use strategy and wit.

Now, with QVADRIGA, players will be able to revive the historical races of Ancient Rome and became the greatest driver of the ancient world!

The game features historically modeled circuses with all their styles and particularities. Variable circuit sizes, lengths and shapes, from the classic Greek oval hippodrome to the standard Roman circuses for a total of 43 unique arenas. Thanks to the dual game system you can play the way you like: paused turn-based gameplay (static) or continuous real time action (dynamic). Events, trade, upgrades and bonuses; four factions, a huge campaign system with seven regions to travel and an expert AI. QVADRIGA is all this and much more!

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: QVADRIGA Announced Oct 23, 2013, 08:45 nin

Fletch wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 21:42:
Sounds like the name of a new video card.

That was my exact thought as well. Saw the headline last night, sounded like a new nvidia brand (after the quadro) and skipped it until today...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: QVADRIGA Announced Oct 23, 2013, 00:01 Dirwulf

Avalon Hill's Circus Maximus anyone?

And I also thought it was an announcement for a video card. Like some quad SLI thing.

4. Re: QVADRIGA Announced Oct 22, 2013, 23:30 Asmo

Lol, this is one hell of a niche title... =)  

3. Re: QVADRIGA Announced Oct 22, 2013, 22:17 Jensen

Fletch wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 21:42:
I thought it was an acronym for some new screen resolution.

2. Re: QVADRIGA Announced Oct 22, 2013, 22:01 Cutter

Too bad this wasn't a 3D action game. I always watch Ben Hur when it's on and the chariot race is a big part of it. I have to admit if I was Roman you would have seen me at the chariot races all the time.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: QVADRIGA Announced Oct 22, 2013, 21:42 Fletch

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo