Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Total War: ROME II DLC Free for a Week

Steam now features the Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack for Total War: ROME II, and while this will carry a full US$7.99 price tag, it is being offered for free to owners of the game between now and October 29th. "Weve had more gamers playing ROME II, and for longer, in its first month than any other Total War to date. We are going to continue to work on gameplay feature balancing with our community who have been hugely helpful in feeding back on the game," says Mike Simpson of Creative Assembly. "Offering this DLC for free for the first week its on sale is a celebration and a small thank you to them for helping us make this the biggest TW yet." Here's a trailer, and here's word on the contents of the pack:

The Nomadic Tribes favor cavalry, exclusively in some cases, providing for swift hit and run and massed shattering charge tactics on the battlefield. The three playable factions come with new buildings and building chains, technology tree, campaign objectives and new units both unique and for general mercenary use.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Total War: ROME II DLC Free for a Week Oct 23, 2013, 04:45 Numinar

Yeah, that sucks... I held out for a freebie from work then bought the game a day before it came through but after release so no free Greek DLC preorder. 12 euro seems a bit steep and the worst kind of DLC.

Fortunately, free Seleucid civ! Way better than those stinky OG Greeks, but with all the phalanxing a man needs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Total War: ROME II DLC Free for a Week Oct 23, 2013, 03:50 InBlack

Im still pissed as hell that I cant play with the Greek states. I couldnt care less about some smelly barbarians. I refuse to pay to play as Sparta or Athens. That shit should have been in the game from DAY 1.  

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Total War: ROME II DLC Free for a Week Oct 22, 2013, 23:21 dj LiTh

Pretty cool, and honestly justified considering the amount of work the game needed at launch.  

2. Re: Total War: ROME II DLC Free for a Week Oct 22, 2013, 23:11 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 21:44:
So basically if we press "install" and it registers to our steam account it's going to be ours for ever? For free? That's mighty nice of them
Yep. Not the first time either, can't remember which DLC it was for shogun2 but owners got one clan pack for zip as well.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Total War: ROME II DLC Free for a Week Oct 22, 2013, 21:44 eRe4s3r

So basically if we press "install" and it registers to our steam account it's going to be ours for ever? For free? That's mighty nice of them  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo