Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2013, 22:44 DarkCntry

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 08:42:
Redmask wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 07:20:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 02:49:
David Cage has some SERIOUS issues. Or in other words: nothing new.

It's a shower scene that is much tamer than your average 'amateur video' clip, maybe he figures you're a mature enough adult to handle it.

I don't see the issue here, GTA IV has full frontal nudity during the strip "mini game" I don't see yuastnav insulting those developers though.

You do know what full-frontal nudity is, right? I really don't think you do since that doesn't actually take place in GTA IV (or even V).

And David Cage is pretty out there, his storytelling alone shows that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2013, 15:24 jdreyer

BobBob wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 19:48:
She was great in this movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424136/

A must see.

Thanks for the rec. Added to queue.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

17. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2013, 14:28 yuastnav

Beamer wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 13:10:
Just quote me in full.

Done.

16. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2013, 13:10 Beamer

Just quote me in full.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

15. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2013, 11:44 yuastnav

Verno wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 09:09:
yuastnav wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 17:06:
That's exactly the point. They actually went out of their way to model the full, nude body, because... well, I cannot think of any other reason than because little Davey was keen on having that in the game.

And yes, what Beamer said.
I honestly don't see the appeal in these games.

I have Beamer on an ignore that is never coming off so no clue what he said. I still wonder why you care so much about what you deem unnecessary nudity? Why is nudity so offensive but extreme violence is not? It's his vision of the story and game, I haven't played this yet but in previous games the sections were optional anyway. I don't really see why it's such a big taboo here. He's often said in the past that he wants male players to identify more with female themes. But hey let's assume he's just being a perv, oh no he's objectifying women....just like every other videogame.

I think you need a go through Spec Ops: The Line sometime.

Sorry, but nudity is not offensive in my country.
And there are differences between gratuitous violence directed at faceless goons and modelling a real person, feature for feature, in a video game and unnecessarily denuding them, for your own pleasure.
It's all about portrayal. And you honestly wouldn't say that violence in Shadow Warrior is the same as violence in Spec Ops? Yes, Spec Ops is awful and one may argue they had their reasons to make the game like that, they wanted people to feel terrible. But when I kill aliens in Shadow Warrior... why should I care? It's not the same.
And continuing that same line of reasoning, what is the reason there?
I really don't understand your argument, i.e. how it can be all the same to you.

I also never understood why one should block someone except when that person is spamming excessively. You have a perfectly capable mind to ignore anything another person writes. You can then like that person or hate that person, it's alright.
But the biggest affront you could do towards another human being, in that context, is to ignore them.

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2013, 09:09 Verno

yuastnav wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 17:06:
That's exactly the point. They actually went out of their way to model the full, nude body, because... well, I cannot think of any other reason than because little Davey was keen on having that in the game.

I have Beamer on an ignore that is never coming off so no clue what he said. I still wonder why you care so much about what you deem unnecessary nudity? Why is nudity so offensive but extreme violence is not? It's his vision of the story and game, I haven't played this yet but in previous games the sections were optional anyway. I don't really see why it's such a big taboo here. He's often said in the past that he wants male players to identify more with female themes. But hey let's assume he's just being a perv, oh no he's objectifying women....just like every other videogame.

I think you need a go through Spec Ops: The Line sometime.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 19:48 BobBob

She was great in this movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424136/

A must see.

http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 17:06 yuastnav

jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 15:59:
It's my assumption that there was a contractual requirement that the character not be shown fully nude (thus the strategically placed towel, and closeups of her head only during the game scene) and this dev mode violates that.

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 15:25:
Verno wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 14:46:
One mans pandering is another mans paradise. Besides there is a lot of unnecessary violence in many videogames but I don't see you protesting that. Does one nude scene really make you so uncomfortable? It's a David Cage game, he's the videogame equivalent to an arthouse film maker, you should know the score by now.

The violence tends to be the point of the game.
Having a girl shower, via multiple "sensual" views, moments before 3 men break in and try to rape her is crass and pointless.

I don't limit it to her. Within 5 minutes of starting Heavy Rain you're a man in a shower. Complete with quick-time events to clean your hair. Pointless and tedious, though less crass since there was less nudity and it wasn't seconds before sexual assault.

I don't get why people who endlessly complain about QTEs liked that game. It was Dragon's Lair with a bit more branching, an obvious plot, chores, babysitting, and a 10 minute reoccuring sequence where you walk through a too-crowded mall screaming a name.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2013, 14:28.

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 15:59 jdreyer

It's my assumption that there was a contractual requirement that the character not be shown fully nude (thus the strategically placed towel, and closeups of her head only during the game scene) and this dev mode violates that.  

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 15:25 Beamer

Verno wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 14:46:
One mans pandering is another mans paradise. Besides there is a lot of unnecessary violence in many videogames but I don't see you protesting that. Does one nude scene really make you so uncomfortable? It's a David Cage game, he's the videogame equivalent to an arthouse film maker, you should know the score by now.

The violence tends to be the point of the game.
Having a girl shower, via multiple "sensual" views, moments before 3 men break in and try to rape her is crass and pointless.

I don't limit it to her. Within 5 minutes of starting Heavy Rain you're a man in a shower. Complete with quick-time events to clean your hair. Pointless and tedious, though less crass since there was less nudity and it wasn't seconds before sexual assault.

I don't get why people who endlessly complain about QTEs liked that game. It was Dragon's Lair with a bit more branching, an obvious plot, chores, babysitting, and a 10 minute reoccuring sequence where you walk through a too-crowded mall screaming a name.

-------------

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 14:46 Verno

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 11:54 yuastnav

It's a shower scene that is much tamer than your average 'amateur video' clip, maybe he figures you're a mature enough adult to handle it.

Oh yes of course, because this is so necessary.
It really adds a lot to the game, just like his cameo in the Fahrenheit where he grinds the protagonist.

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 10:36 Beamer

it felt so out of your place in heavy rain. That game kinda sucked. Qtes and annoying repetition.

-------------

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 08:42 RollinThundr

I don't see the issue here, GTA IV has full frontal nudity during the strip "mini game" I don't see yuastnav insulting those developers though.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 07:20 Redmask

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 03:17 DangerDog

Yeah but does she drink any Hot Coffee in the game?  

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 02:49 yuastnav

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 22, 2013, 21:53 jdreyer

Yeah, pretty weak sauce. Maybe it's a contractual thing?  

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 22, 2013, 21:46 Agent.X7

Look, you can see Ellen Page naked! In other news, I just discovered Ellen Page is a woman.

I kid. But seriously, who gives a shit?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo