Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut

Steam now offers the Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut, the updated version of Eidos Montreal's action/RPG which adds The Missing Link DLC and Tong's Rescue pack (previous) preorder bonus as well as a new Game+ mode. Those who own that nasty old non-director's cut of the game on Steam are being offered a 50% discount, and an additional 25% off for those who also own The Missing Link DLC. Thanks nin.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 24, 2013, 11:04 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 19:11:
So let me get this straight....something that should be an UPDATE is now a 4.99 DIRECTORS CUT!?

It FIXES PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME and they are charging us for it?

No, that's not the case. They did significant work to many aspects of the game and it's a very fair price if you already own it.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 23, 2013, 19:18 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 19:11:
So let me get this straight....something that should be an UPDATE is now a 4.99 DIRECTORS CUT!?

Reworked boss fights.

Integrated DLC.

New Game + mode.

Dev team commentary.

Changes they made to the graphic engine for TML applied to the entire game.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

23. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 23, 2013, 19:11 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

22. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 23, 2013, 09:08 JayDeath

Yeah, I grabbed my copy last for 5 bucks. I played a little bit last night. No, you can't use your save game from the vanilla version as the Director's Cut is an entirely new game. I wanted to try the new game + but you gotta finish the game again! The graphics do look a little better too and I absolutely love the commentary while you are playing. Very cool stuff. This was 5 bucks well spent for me.  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

I want a new Brothers in Arms game!

21. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 23, 2013, 04:44 MoonSpook

In the UK (Europe?) it's not out until the 25th.. another couple of days wait here :/ I guess I shouldn't complain compared to some console ports being months apart from the original release.

I am looking forward to playing this though, been a while since my last playthrough. Like the idea of NG+ too - on my second playthrough I wanted to go guns-blazing, but you get so little XP compared that I wouldn't have been able to get a lot of Augs. Now I can get the augs on the first playthrough and kick ass on the second!

20. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 22:27 Riker

The Half-Life 2 episode commentaries got me hooked, and I'm really bummed that I haven't seen commentary in a game since. It took 2 years, but I'm glad they added commentary to DX:HR.  

19. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 21:07 nin

jimnms wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 21:00:
nin wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 18:36:
Steam doesn't list a timer on the "sale", so I'm leaning towards no. But their product pages aren't always 100% accurate, either...

Just grabbed it here...18 gig download. Damn.
18GB! That's almost twice the size of DXHR and DLC combined. I wish they could have patched the original instead of re-downloading everything.

I might go ahead and pick it up and play it. I bought Dishonored and DLC during the summer sale and moved it to the top of my play list. Then they went and released another DLC, so I've put it off until I pick that up, on sale of course.

If I told you the downloader says 15.2 gig, would it make you feel any better?

18. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 21:00 jimnms

nin wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 18:36:
Steam doesn't list a timer on the "sale", so I'm leaning towards no. But their product pages aren't always 100% accurate, either...

18GB! That's almost twice the size of DXHR and DLC combined. I wish they could have patched the original instead of re-downloading everything.

I might go ahead and pick it up and play it. I bought Dishonored and DLC during the summer sale and moved it to the top of my play list. Then they went and released another DLC, so I've put it off until I pick that up, on sale of course.

Steam Profile

17. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 18:54 Parias

Drayth wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 17:19:
nin wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:46:
Drayth wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:42:
Is the Missing Link now integrated directly into the progression of the main game?

It is, but someone was saying it's a bit wonky the way (according to them) you lose your points at the start of Link (like before) but then you go back to your old tree/points once the DLC is over...if that makes sense.

Does. Guess they considered it had to be done for game balance instead of re-tuning the level. Wonky, but forgiveable.

Agreed - still way better than having to play through the main game and manually switch executables at the "right" time to jump into the DLC content at the correct point of the story.

16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 18:36 nin

jimnms wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 18:27:
Are the discounts time limited? I probably wont get around to playing it for a while. If the discounts are permanent, I wonder if this will ever go on sale lower than $5 and stack the discounts.

15. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 18:27 jimnms

I picked up the DLC during the last sale, but haven't played it yet. The Director's Cut has replaced the original in the store, so it's now seen as a new game. All the achievements are the same, but it doesn't look like they carry over. I achieved all but three achievements in my first and only play through (I missed Legend, Pacifist and Doctorate). I played pacifist, but didn't get the achievement. I don't remember killing anyone other than bosses. I missed one XP book. I saw it too, but I was blocked from getting to it. I meant to go back and get it after I neutralized everyone on that level, but I forgot about it.

I wanted to play through it again, but go on a killing spree. I found myself getting bored at all of the sneaking and would save the game and just go postal for a while before reloading the save and continuing my stealthy play.

Are the discounts time limited? I probably wont get around to playing it for a while. If the discounts are permanent, I wonder if this will ever go on sale lower than $5 and stack the discounts.

Steam Profile

14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 18:14 nin

I already got that achievement. Well, I didn't, because apparently, dumping an uncounscious body down a building counts as a kill...

I had a similar problem in Dishonored. Tranq'd a guy who went face first into the water, body still on land. I run over and pick up the body and move him, only to discover at the end of the level it counted as a kill...

13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 17:41 ItBurn

Dev wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 17:35:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:42:
I didn't play the expansions, but I don't know if I want to play this again... Sure the boss fights sucked, but I got past them. Maybe I could try to do it without ever being seen/knocking anyone out.
I know there's an achievement for 100% non lethal playthrough.

I already got that achievement. Well, I didn't, because apparently, dumping an uncounscious body down a building counts as a kill... But, basically, I played it like that. I went around and stunned people though. I could replay it without even touching anyone or even leaving a trace behind... I don't know, was hoping you guys would coax me into getting it

12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 17:35 Dev

ItBurn wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:42:
I didn't play the expansions, but I don't know if I want to play this again... Sure the boss fights sucked, but I got past them. Maybe I could try to do it without ever being seen/knocking anyone out.
I know there's an achievement for 100% non lethal playthrough.

11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 17:19 Drayth

nin wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:46:
Is the Missing Link now integrated directly into the progression of the main game?

It is, but someone was saying it's a bit wonky the way (according to them) you lose your points at the start of Link (like before) but then you go back to your old tree/points once the DLC is over...if that makes sense.

Does. Guess they considered it had to be done for game balance instead of re-tuning the level. Wonky, but forgiveable.

10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 16:50 El Pit

Great. Can't buy it. Oh, well, I already own the game and the dlcs, so maybe they think they don't need my money for the Director's Cut edition. Whatever!  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 16:49 Shok

According to this video the DLC is included but the DLC missions aren't required to play through the game. Boss fights are gone (I think, the dev's accent sounded like "boss fights are ridded" but I could be hearing it wrong lol) Apparently there is a built-in guide if you get stuck somewhere also, and better graphics. The dev basically said they looked at the 11 or so criticisms of the original release and address about 9 in the director's cut. $5 is a no-brainer for me since I never finished the game first time around because of the stupid boss fights.

8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 16:46 nin

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 16:46 Creston

Yes.

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 16:42 Drayth

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo