Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Titanfall Announcement Today

A tweet from the Titanfall team from last night teases an announcement today that will reveal how to be the first (non press, at least) to play Titanfall, the upcoming mech game (thanks NowGamer). Here's word:

Be the First to Fall into Titanfall! Check back tomorrow for a special announcement. #Titanfall pic.twitter.com/h0AmjBRRie

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 23, 2013, 09:41 dj LiTh

nin wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 09:04:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 04:56:
Creston wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:17:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 14:45:
I'm currently torrenting TITANFALL-PC-FULL-GAME-with-crack. U jelly?

Pfffft! I'm torrenting the next Deus Ex PC game, homie!

Heh, i'm currently torrenting PC version of GTA V.....oh wait....!

I have a friend that tends to torrent, and I thought about sending him the articles about GTA 5 being a false torrent. Then I thought "na...if he's going to torrent, let him figure that out". 5 is easily worth the asking price, so I don't have pity for anyone that gets a virus trying to get it for free.

I wouldnt either hehe. As for me i'll be waiting till it hits steam

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 23, 2013, 09:04 nin

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 04:56:

I have a friend that tends to torrent, and I thought about sending him the articles about GTA 5 being a false torrent. Then I thought "na...if he's going to torrent, let him figure that out". 5 is easily worth the asking price, so I don't have pity for anyone that gets a virus trying to get it for free.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

16. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 23, 2013, 07:41 gray

Looks a bit too ... samey  

15. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 23, 2013, 04:56 dj LiTh

14. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 23, 2013, 04:13 InBlack

Trevellian wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 13:40:
InBlack wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 10:20:
Every time I read mech game news, I keep hoping against hope for a singleplayer Mechwarrior game. Fuck Piranha, why didnt they just kickstart a single-player campaign. Fucking greedy fucks, the money is in F2P MMOS! YEAH LETS DO THAT!!

Because it's fucking great.

I'm sorry you don't like it but some of us do. I put a good 4-6 hours in a night killing little bitches in my AS7-D-DC or RVN-3L.

I don't need a fucking single player, Mechwarrior is about combat, you're not going to get the same intelligence or skill level of learning the little ins and outs of turning your mech away to absorb certain blows, or using certain cover or strategies, that you would out of an AI pilot. Simply put AI combat in a Mechwarrior game is BORING, and for the slow to react who want enemy mechs who will just walk out and pound on each other.

I'm perfectly happy with the 12 on 12 games. Keep your single player. If single player was the only reason you ever bought Mechwarrior games I don't see how you can even call yourself a real Battletech fan. There was no AI in P&P Battletech, it was all strategy vs strategy. Just like MWO is.

I played the shit out of the MW:O, maxed out Atlas DDC, All the Cats, and while the game was fun for a while, all that heat bullshit they started pulling (balancing) totally killed the game for me. I wont even mention the insane promises that they keep pulling out of their ass regarding Clan Mechs and Faction Warfare. Where the fuck are they? Without them all this game is a World of Tanks clone. Its not all about the MP either, some of us enjoyed the immersive stories and worldbuilding of the previous Mechwarrior games so opinions and assholes and all that. You can go play your grindfest game for one more round now.

I have a nifty blue line!

13. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 22:16 Fletch

The video they released a while back didn't impress me at all as a PC mech game. All I want is Mechwarrior with single player campaign(s), multiplayer (LAN and internet), customizable mechs and load-outs, and a complicated KEYBOARD/MOUSE/JOYSTICK control scheme and interface. From what I've seen so far, I give it about a CS7 on the Consolized Scale.  

12. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 16:17 Creston

11. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 16:14 Creston

Videos look cool, I will admit. Kind of a Tribes feel to the motion.

Not sure about mp only though. Too many cockwallets on the internet who get off on ruining other people's fun.

10. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 14:53 Agent.X7

Hey, March 11th. Much earlier than expected. And the Titan diorama for the CE is pretty cool, but not $250 cool.

http://www.titanfall.com/news/launch-date

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2013, 15:08.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

9. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 14:51 nin

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 14:32:
So the big announcement was the release date of March 2014

And the $250 CE...and I thought my GTA $150 edition was pricy...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 14:45 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 14:35 DangerDog

This game definitely needs to be sampled with a beta or demo, only thing they've showed looked extremely linear and I just can't see Source engine handling any kind of expansive maps unless they've done some major changes to it.

Knowing EA though it's probably a beta you only get to play if you preorder the game.

6. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 14:32 SpectralMeat

So the big announcement was the release date of March 2014  

Steam: SpectralMeat

5. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 13:40 Trevellian

Every time I read mech game news, I keep hoping against hope for a singleplayer Mechwarrior game. Fuck Piranha, why didnt they just kickstart a single-player campaign. Fucking greedy fucks, the money is in F2P MMOS! YEAH LETS DO THAT!!

Because it's fucking great.

I'm sorry you don't like it but some of us do. I put a good 4-6 hours in a night killing little bitches in my AS7-D-DC or RVN-3L.

I don't need a fucking single player, Mechwarrior is about combat, you're not going to get the same intelligence or skill level of learning the little ins and outs of turning your mech away to absorb certain blows, or using certain cover or strategies, that you would out of an AI pilot. Simply put AI combat in a Mechwarrior game is BORING, and for the slow to react who want enemy mechs who will just walk out and pound on each other.

I'm perfectly happy with the 12 on 12 games. Keep your single player. If single player was the only reason you ever bought Mechwarrior games I don't see how you can even call yourself a real Battletech fan. There was no AI in P&P Battletech, it was all strategy vs strategy. Just like MWO is.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2013, 13:52.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

4. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 12:08 The Half Elf

Take all the mech games, make 1 engine, import all the sound/story files and I'd be a happy bitch.

But I'd still prefer a Mech 4 upgrade over anything else.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 11:55 Pr()ZaC

My feelings exactly.
I'd even settle for a Mechwarrior 2 HD remake.

2. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 10:29 SpectralMeat

This will probably be a MP beta or something along those lines.
These guys did that with CoD4 as well.

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 10:20 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo