Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 22, 2013, 18:04 Fantaz

doesn't BF4 prefer AMD's Mantle over NVidia cards in SLI?

NKD wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:57:
PHJF wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:31:
Nothing loves overclocked Haswells. Haswells overclock for shit.

<---4670K owner

I'll stick with my 3930K @ 4.6GHz I have a Haswell sitting here I still need to sell that I didn't end up using.

3930K is still the best. I love mine too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 22, 2013, 16:57 NKD

PHJF wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:31:

<---4670K owner

I'll stick with my 3930K @ 4.6GHz I have a Haswell sitting here I still need to sell that I didn't end up using.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 22, 2013, 16:31 PHJF

<---4670K owner

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 22, 2013, 15:26 Aero

I gotta say, I do miss the days when you could go buy a computer every couple years that was straight up twice as fast as your old one. GPUs even more so for a while there.

The accountant in me likes this, of course, but the gamer wants the 20GHz single core CPU and whatever ridiculous GPU I would have if we'd been able to keep on that way. The worst part is that, for various other reasons, I still have to upgrade every three years, but it's been a long time since a new computer has really amazed me with its power.

My computer now is about two years old, and I'm not really feeling any particular need to upgrade it in the near future. Maybe the console generation changeover will push things along, but it's not really seeming like it at the moment.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 22, 2013, 14:57 DangerDog

The headache for PC sales is that you no longer feel the need to upgrade but every three years or so.  

1. Battlefield 4 Loves High Speed Memory. Oct 22, 2013, 12:34 LittleMe

Looks like more of a bug than it genuinely needing 2400mhz memory, especially considering how the 5760x1200 test showed even better results (it shouldn't).

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo