Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NVIDIA "R331 Game Ready" Driver

The GeForce Website now offers WHQL-certified "R331 Game Ready" driver for NVIDIA graphics cards. Word is: "This Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience in Batman: Arkham Origins and Battlefield 4. GeForce Game Ready drivers also provide performance increases for a variety of different games." This is what they say this does: "Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 13% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 327.23 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration." Thanks Iggy.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: NVIDIA Oct 22, 2013, 22:37 NKD

Stable all day. Pretty sure these drivers are what were giving me crashes. Of course YMMV.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: NVIDIA Oct 22, 2013, 15:01 Spektr

Are the new drivers ready for GTA V? :p  

24. Re: NVIDIA Oct 22, 2013, 14:06 NKD

Started hard locking at random after installing these drivers. (Windows 8.1, Titan SLI) Rolled back to 327.xx and I'm fine so far. If the freezing starts to happen again I guess I can rule out the drivers.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

23. Re: NVIDIA Oct 22, 2013, 11:05 avianflu

I stay one version behind on my geforce drivers -- if they are stable for me, I dont need to fix what isnt broken.  

22. Re: NVIDIA R331 Game Ready Oct 21, 2013, 20:58 Burrito of Peace

Just the driver package and PhysX.  

21. Re: NVIDIA R331 Game Ready Oct 21, 2013, 20:47 PropheT

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:33:
Ryan Lange wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:14:
Same. The problem that I experience is that my system will randomly and semi-frequently lock up for several seconds. Bizarrely, I only experience this when not playing a game (e.g. browsing the web, checking email, programming).

Yes! That is exactly the symptom I was experience as well. It would happen on Win 7, Win 8 and Server 2012.

It sounds like something that would happen with the polling on the driver update check. Are you installing just the drivers or the whole software package?

20. Re: NVIDIA Oct 21, 2013, 19:50 eRe4s3r

Redmask wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 17:41:
Trevellian wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 17:09:
I've had no problem with any of the drivers. I find it odd how many people have.

Nothing odd about it, there are so many different hardware configurations it's a wonder problems aren't more common.

Even more confounding given the insane complexity of the hardware involved. Just because it works for someone with a specific hardware doesn't mean it works for everyone with the same hardware. Power fluctuations, some piece on some PCB not being 100% in it's spec anymore etc... can all cause weird and random issues. And then there is just the plain fact that certain mobo chipsets don't play nicely with certain hardware because of weird coding.

It's a wonder of engineering PC's even work at all with all that different hardware

19. Re: NVIDIA Oct 21, 2013, 19:49 Crustacean Soup

The most recent Beta driver (the one that was recommended for the BF4 beta) seems okay to me, so I'll give this a go. For me, the drivers between that and 314.22 caused Windows (8) to lock up, or enter inescapable driver reset loops. Also only when on the desktop, not in games.  

18. Re: NVIDIA R331 Game Ready Oct 21, 2013, 19:04 Creston

Creston wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 16:07:
I'm still on 314.22. The other drivers since then have all been a fucking mess.

Same. The problem that I experience is that my system will randomly and semi-frequently lock up for several seconds. Bizarrely, I only experience this when not playing a game (e.g. browsing the web, checking email, programming).

Huh. I've had no issues regularly in windows, but I just freeze lock in games.

314.22 works fine for every game so far, except (for some weird reason) in Red Faction: Guerilla, where the sunlight flickers in an ultra-annoying way.

17. Re: NVIDIA R331 Game Ready Oct 21, 2013, 18:53 Drayth

They might be poking fun at the fact that the new AMD 290X has an unlocked overclocking mode that they decided to call "Uber Mode".  

16. Re: NVIDIA R331 Game Ready Oct 21, 2013, 18:33 Burrito of Peace

Yes! That is exactly the symptom I was experience as well. It would happen on Win 7, Win 8 and Server 2012.

15. Re: NVIDIA R331 Game Ready Oct 21, 2013, 18:14 Ryan Lange

14. Re: NVIDIA Oct 21, 2013, 18:14 dj LiTh

327.23 Was working good for me /w my 460's SLI'd, before that they were a little sketchy but those seemed to clear things up for me. I'll be a guinea pig and give the new ones a try.  

13. Re: NVIDIA Oct 21, 2013, 18:03 HoSpanky

Yeah I've been pretty lucky with the drivers actually behaving, haven't had issues with the recent releases. The only hardware that doesn't play nice is the f'n "killer nic" that came on my mobo. Replaced with a $13 tp-link and I've been running great ever since.

I actually expected issues, first time running SLI since my voodoo2s. Nvidia's SLI is amazingly easy to set up. Basically a checkbox.

12. Re: NVIDIA Oct 21, 2013, 17:41 Redmask

I've had no problem with any of the drivers. I find it odd how many people have.

Nothing odd about it, there are so many different hardware configurations it's a wonder problems aren't more common.

11. Re: NVIDIA Oct 21, 2013, 17:37 Quboid

If these are "game ready", what were their other drivers? This is like Samsung selling the Galaxy S3 as "designed for humans".

That's always baffled me. I think I've had about half a dozen driver issues since I got my first 3DFX Voodoo and most of those have been minor graphic glitches.

- Quboid

10. Re: NVIDIA R331 Game Ready Oct 21, 2013, 17:20 RaZ0r!

Same here. Every driver since that version gives me an issue with Digital Vibrance. The screen is washed out at boot, and just touching the DV control fixes it until next boot. I've reported it on EVERY driver release since 314.22 but still no fix.

I don't believe Nvidia is staffed well enough to fix driver issues, make SHIELD, work on SteamOS, jack around with crap Android and Tegra all at the same time.

9. Re: NVIDIA Oct 21, 2013, 17:13 HorrorScope

Had an issue a couple months back, loaded beta can't recall for which game, but some game compatibility issue. It did lock up the system every so often. Went back, fixed it, waited until next WHQL, all good again. Rarely use beta, remember why I don't again. But mileage will vary from system to system, I just haven't really been burned badly to get in a hizzy.  

8. Re: NVIDIA Oct 21, 2013, 17:12 Seventyfive

BF4 ran smooth w/ the beta drivers. I was getting over 100fps at 2560x1440 with no problems. Only issues were BF4 known issues such as insanely long load screens or people getting stuck in buildings that don't exist.  

7. Re: NVIDIA Oct 21, 2013, 17:11 Julio

I'll be waiting until they're fully tested for months by early adopters. The last bunch of driver updates have been too buggy.  

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo