Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD

Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD are now available on Steam. These updated versions of Firefly's castle siege games are on sale for 30% off for the coming week and the purchase of either game also includes a Stronghold Kingdoms Starter Pack to allow you to check out the MMO installment in the series, though the games are also being offers free to those who already own the Stronghold Collection. Here is a Stronghold HD Steam launch trailer and a Stronghold Crusader HD Steam launch trailer to off updated HD graphics, and here's word:

Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD update the classic castle building games with high definition graphics and the ability to play in real time with the entire map on a single screen. Remastered to support resolutions up to 2560x1600, these HD updates take advantage of modern PC hardware allowing players to see all the action on screen at once. Advance on the castle gates while flanking the enemy from behind, feign retreat and lead your foes into a deadly trap or just sit back and watch the destruction unfold!

Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader were originally released in 2001 and 2002 to critical acclaim and commercial success. Over the years the Stronghold series has grown to become one of the most enduring RTS franchises in gaming, with sales of more than 6 million. Fireflys most recent success has been in the MMO genre with Stronghold Kingdoms, which currently has over 2 million players in over 100 countries. A sequel to the original Stronghold Crusader is set for release in early 2014, which will be self-published by Firefly Studios on Steam.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD Oct 21, 2013, 16:12 gilly775

Quboid wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 15:48:
The only Stronghold I've ever bought was Stronghold 2. I don't think I'm over that yet.

Is there a difference between Stronghold and Crusaders other than the setting? Which is better?

Crusader was more of a military conquest game with the ability to hire mercenaries. 1 had both an economical and military campaign. I always sided with Crusaders as my favorite of the series.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD Oct 21, 2013, 15:55 SpectralMeat

I've never played this. Looks interesting  

Steam: SpectralMeat

5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD Oct 21, 2013, 15:48 Quboid

The only Stronghold I've ever bought was Stronghold 2. I don't think I'm over that yet.

Is there a difference between Stronghold and Crusaders other than the setting? Which is better?

- Quboid

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD Oct 21, 2013, 14:08 gilly775

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 14:00:
These games need a trainer
I have both the originals and I agree, the first and the second were good, then the franchise spiraled down into a pool of poo

I agree to a certain extent. 3 was bad at launch but they fixed a lot of the gameplay issues to the point that it's a lot more fun, but still not the same as 1 and Crusaders.

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD Oct 21, 2013, 14:00 Pr()ZaC

These games need a trainer
I have both the originals and I agree, the first and the second were good, then the franchise spiraled down into a pool of poo

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD Oct 21, 2013, 13:39 Trevellian

I remember really loving the first game then just thinking the series got lost after that. So I may actually have to pick up at least the original in HD.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD Oct 21, 2013, 13:18 jdreyer

I played a lot of this back in the day. If you haven't played it before, there's a lot of fun to be had. I especially liked building and maintaining my castle, a kind of SimCastle, if you will. And the nice thing will be the low system specs, so it probably plays fine on your laptop. And with 10 years of bug fixes, it should be pretty stable.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo