Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I'm actually sort of confident in my football picks this week. Therefore I am bracing myself for a disaster of epic proportions. Wee! :)

Epic Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Little Protector Planes.
Stories: Florida Orphan's Appeal Prompts 10,000 Inquiries.
Ducks overboard! What happens to goods lost at sea?
Media: Sydney Tunnels Have Giant Water Holograms.
Space Invaders Invade.
The Funnies: A place for my stuff « EXTRALIFE.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 15:40 xXBatmanXx

Blue wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 08:55:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 18:05:
Sydney Tunnels Have Giant Water Holograms.

fuggin genius!

It is. However, the claim that they cannot do more to prevent oversized vehicles from destroying the tunnels seems amazingly stupid.

Around here there are pre-barriers before tunnels that are the same height as the tunnel. Can't pass under the sign and you get stuck there and not in the tunnel. Seems an easy step they are not following.

(Edit: Spelling)

Yea, they have those around here in some rural areas, otherwise we have the same issues as seen in the video. We have crashes all the time. But seems like a small expenditure with a large ROI.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 10:56 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 00:33:
F U IN THE A BORDERLANDS 2 RAID BOSSES! F U WITH A BIG BAT!

Thanks for the help Creston, but I am calling BS!

No worries man. We could easily do the Dragons with 4 people, because in that case I would have just hung back and just kept insta-ressing people.

Master Gee is a load of crap, however. That kind of shit belongs in WoW, not in an FPS.

nin wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 07:03:
Sounds like I'm glad I uninstalled awhile back.

The rest of the game is fun, Tiny Tina is great fun, and I'm kind of liking the overpower mechanic that they introduced with the last DLC, but the 'raid bosses' are just stupid. Though only one introduces the metagaming bullshit, the others just have a billion hitpoints. (If I unload a lvl 61 The Butcher in a Dragon's face at point blank while it's slagged, and by the end of the 27 shot clip its health bar hasn't moved a mm, it just makes me shake my head.)

Btw, the reward for this week's Loot Hunt? A Fastball. The worst fucking grenade in the game.

You're really trotting out the 'unique' loot there, Gearbox, you damn misers.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2013, 11:33.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 09:35 Verno

My picks were disappointing in that the questionable games were the ones I got and the ones I thought a sure lock were my losses. Patriots, Lions, Dolphins, Bears and Broncos So hopefully I'll end up at 10-5 for the week if the Giants win tonight.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 08:55  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 18:05:
Sydney Tunnels Have Giant Water Holograms.

fuggin genius!

It is. However, the claim that they cannot do more to prevent oversized vehicles from destroying the tunnels seems amazingly stupid.

Around here there are pre-barriers before tunnels that are the same height as the tunnel. Can't pass under the sign and you get stuck there and not in the tunnel. Seems an easy step they are not following.

(Edit: Spelling)

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2013, 09:56.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 07:03 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 00:33:

Sounds like I'm glad I uninstalled awhile back.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 02:47 dj LiTh

mag wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 02:27:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 01:32:
mag wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 01:06:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 00:38:
Oh man! What a Colts game! I called that one on beattheinsiders but went 8-6 overall. Its a scary thing to be rooting against Peyton with 2m to go even with the lead.

I picked the Broncos, but this one felt like it had Upset written all over it. I expected it to be a case of just being out-played--the Broncos were looking kinda tired.

Colts didn't win this one, though. The Broncos players were either acting like middle schoolers, or the refs just really had it in for them. SO MANY penalties. And the pass interference calls were silly when the Colts were draping themselves all over the Broncos for the whole game.

...also there was what's-his-name dropping the ball every time he touched it...

There were some questionable calls, but thats true for every nfl football game. As for Colts not winning, i'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Anyways, i'm just glad it was a good game.

You're right, that was too strong. Luck had a great game, and they crushed the Broncos running game except for like one play. I just couldn't believe how many opportunities they threw away on dumb-dumb-dumb-ultra-dumb penalties.

I actually think they should of tried to run the ball more. Teams that try to keep running vs us normally do really well (San Diego last week). It imbalances time of possession and really tires out our defense. Although with a QB like Peyton its hard to go away from your strength. Also we got ahead by halftime which i think is normally what Denver does to every other team, and turns just about every team that plays against denver into a pass first team (which i think is also why denver's rating is so poor when it comes to pass defense). So it kind of had the opposite effect, which i'm not sure was all that attractive in getting into a shootout with Peyton. Had the game gone on longer i dont think we could of kept up with denver. All in all, i'm pretty happy with where the colts are right now having beatin the 9ers, seahawks, and now broncos as thats a big morale booster to draw upon in the playoffs (which is set for us seeing how garbage houston is in our division this year).

29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 02:27 mag

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 01:32:
Oh man! What a Colts game! I called that one on beattheinsiders but went 8-6 overall. Its a scary thing to be rooting against Peyton with 2m to go even with the lead.

I picked the Broncos, but this one felt like it had Upset written all over it. I expected it to be a case of just being out-played--the Broncos were looking kinda tired.

Colts didn't win this one, though. The Broncos players were either acting like middle schoolers, or the refs just really had it in for them. SO MANY penalties. And the pass interference calls were silly when the Colts were draping themselves all over the Broncos for the whole game.

There were some questionable calls, but thats true for every nfl football game. As for Colts not winning, i'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Anyways, i'm just glad it was a good game.

You're right, that was too strong. Luck had a great game, and they crushed the Broncos running game except for like one play. I just couldn't believe how many opportunities they threw away on dumb-dumb-dumb-ultra-dumb penalties.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 01:32 dj LiTh

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 01:06 mag

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 00:38 dj LiTh

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 00:33 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 00:17 Redmask

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 22:54:
Hay, anyone buying BF4? I know that I really shouldn't, but what is the best price for everything? Looks like 60+50 atm for everything - full retail. Coupons or anything working?

Just hard to justify, as with that amount of money I can get 5-6 very high quality games....

Unless you have money to burn just wait for reviews. We've seen one beta map and it wasn't very good. Buying premium now makes no sense either, we've seen none of the content and it will be cheaper later on. Why blow $100+ on an EA game sight unseen with their recent track record?

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 00:11 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 22:54:
Hay, anyone buying BF4? I know that I really shouldn't, but what is the best price for everything? Looks like 60+50 atm for everything - full retail. Coupons or anything working?

Just hard to justify, as with that amount of money I can get 5-6 very high quality games....

Don't do it man! Rewarding the sort of bad behavior that EA and Actiblizz put forth with BF/CoD models are what makes things worse for PC gamers.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2013, 22:54 xXBatmanXx

21. Re: Total Biscuit Oct 20, 2013, 22:47 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 21:20:
I see they've backed down. I really hope that the publicity gives TB a boost and not Wild Games or DOGI.

I certainly won't buy their game now. I hope others won't as well.

No chance in hell that I will.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Total Biscuit Oct 20, 2013, 22:45 xXBatmanXx

Quboid wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 21:32:
I see they've backed down. I really hope that the publicity gives TB a boost and not Wild Games or DOGI.

It looked interesting. An interesting concept perhaps combined with so-bad-it's-good gameplay. Maybe. I'm never going to know now.

It reminded me of the first Unreal game.....but not awesome. ie: it looks like the first Unreal game. hahahahah

19. Re: Total Biscuit Oct 20, 2013, 21:32 Quboid

It looked interesting. An interesting concept perhaps combined with so-bad-it's-good gameplay. Maybe. I'm never going to know now.

- Quboid

18. Re: Total Biscuit Oct 20, 2013, 21:20 nin

17. Re: Total Biscuit Oct 20, 2013, 21:17 Quboid

nin wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 20:22:
Wow, TB roasts the guy on his KS...beautiful.

It appears that he didn't just unload on Wild Games and tried to sort this out in private so kudos to him for offering them more courtesy than they deserved. It became public when someone noticed the video had been taken down, which was obviously just a matter of time, then he had little choice (and zero moral implications) but to respond publicly.

Incidentally, apparently there is a petition to get DOGI off Steam - Total Biscuit has said that he does not support this.

(In case the joke was lost, Beamer isn't really the person I expect to be banned any day now.)

- Quboid

16. Re: Total Biscuit Oct 20, 2013, 20:22 nin

Wow, TB roasts the guy on his KS...beautiful.

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo