Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend

Steam News announces a free weekend is underway for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare along with a sale on the melee combat game:

Play Chivalry: Medieval Warfare for FREE starting now through Sunday at 1PM Pacific Time. You can also pickup Chivalry: Medieval Warfare at 75% off the regular price!*

Besiege castles and raid villages in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, a fast-paced medieval FPS (Slasher with a Multi-player online focus)

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is a first-person slasher with a focus on multi-player. Featuring competitive online combat that seeks to capture the experience of truly being on a medieval battlefield. Inspired from the intensity and epicness of swordfighting movies such as 300, Gladiator and Braveheart, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare aims to bring that experience to the hands of a gamer.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend Oct 21, 2013, 06:29 Numinar

Yeah, it does have a large amount of jank Ant, especially with the server browser but glad you enjoyed it anyway.

Had my first ever FFA win after 60 hours played... yes, F2P weekend probably had something to do with this but I was against some much more experienced players as well. Awesome tiebreak with the map timer going negative while I scrambled for a kill. Not my favorite gametype but now and then it's pretty refreshing and helps me work on my very rusty quake-era kill-stealing skills.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Played it! Oct 20, 2013, 17:08 Ant

Wow, that was fun after almost 2.22222222... hours! http://aqfl.net/node/10726 for my brief comments and review.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2013, 17:38.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

4. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend Oct 19, 2013, 08:51 siapnar

I highly suggest people try it out, and yes there are a few maps that really shine, but I think the true potential of the game could be unleashed with better map design.

Still, it's worth whatever price it's going for on Steam. I picked it up for $12 I think.

Also, great news about the SDK!

I have projectile dysfunction.

3. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend Oct 19, 2013, 08:35 Numinar

Yay! Free weekend! Now there will be people I can fight and not be absolutely destroyed by!

Whats wrong with the maps? Stoneshill, Dark Forest, Ruins, so many good ones! Some better for some game modes than others... I am an LTS and objective guy myself.

Everyone who hasn't tried in a while should give it a go, it's my go-to multiplayer FPS these days. Took me two weeks to stop physically flinching when I first got it. A lot of people hate it, but for a fan of Python's Holy Grail and chaotic friendly fire shenanigans, this is best in class.

2. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend Oct 18, 2013, 21:43 Crustacean Soup

So yeah, I don't know if Blue's covered this yet, but we've also got Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior available for pre-order and early-access beta right now.

We've also just released the Release Candidate for Medieval Warfare's SDK. Thursday was a big day

1. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend Oct 18, 2013, 21:02 siapnar

They really need some better maps for this game.

So much potential..

I have projectile dysfunction.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo