Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers?

A post on the Guru3D.com Forums reports that AMD's recently released Catalyst 13.10 beta drivers contain the latest indication that Grand Theft Auto V is eventually heading to Windows PCs (thanks DSOGaming). User kn00tcn posts claiming to have found the following string by hex editing the beta drivers:

<application Title="Grand Theft Auto V" File="GTA5.exe">
    <use Area="PXDynamic">HighPerfGPUAffinity</use>
</application>

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

21. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 15:36 Fletch

I didn't realize GTA5 for PC was ever in doubt.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 15:24 Spektr

I can't remember a gta that hasnt been released on PC.. they don't have a date in it or something? :p I guess that their presence in the PC drivers mean it could be released sooner than next year.  

19. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 15:06 Yosemite Sam

I want to know when we will be able to build our own missions and do bank heists!  

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

18. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 13:17 Dacron

I will explode eventually with all this news.

Logging hours on the ps3 is tough/frustrating, operating a controller with one hand isn't easy. Hurry the f*ck up Rockstar, you're getting my money twice, be on with it.

17. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 12:28 Xero

If Rockstar wants another few millions, they should do right, do smart, and release the damn thing on PC. If it makes dollars, it makes sense, and well...it makes sense on PC!  

Currently playing: Skyrim

16. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 12:04 vacs

Wake me up when someone finds Half-Life 3 clues in the driver...  

15. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 12:00 Creston

Giggle  

14. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 11:56 nin

Creston wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 11:34:
All these clues... WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

It's full on, man.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 11:34 Creston

All these clues... WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!  

12. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 11:20 nin

Clever Caviar wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 11:17:
nin wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 11:11:
Clever Caviar wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 11:05:
in full on dreaming mode, it'd be great if they could also tip their hat to the PC modding community. The range of mods, for most all of their 3D era games is quite something, and all with no help from R* as well. Steam workshop would be quite something for such a game and community.

Considering the console version will have mission building tools, I don't think it's out of the question for steam workshop support on the PC.

I had no idea about mission building tools for the consoles... interesting. I'm not without Google, but if you have a link to share, detailing this feature, that'd be appreciated.

About 2:20...

11. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 11:17 Clever Caviar

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 11:11:
in full on dreaming mode, it'd be great if they could also tip their hat to the PC modding community. The range of mods, for most all of their 3D era games is quite something, and all with no help from R* as well. Steam workshop would be quite something for such a game and community.

Considering the console version will have mission building tools, I don't think it's out of the question for steam workshop support on the PC.

I had no idea about mission building tools for the consoles... interesting. I'm not without Google, but if you have a link to share, detailing this feature, that'd be appreciated.

::
Rockstar made $1 billion in 3 days with GTAV, yet they can't find the budget to port RDR to PC.

10. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 11:11 nin

In other, further dream based speculation, going back and fixing some of the legacy issues with their old games would be a nice touch: controller issues, display issues, stuff breaking on fps related changes etc. The GTA games are great, but they really do have some awful legacy bugs and porting issues coupled with them.

9. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 11:09 HorrorScope

GTA V will be coming to the PC. It will be announced well ahead of time so you can save up your quarters. They'll make as many copies needed to ensure if you want a copy, you can buy one. - Nostrodamus  

8. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 11:05 Clever Caviar

In other, further dream based speculation, going back and fixing some of the legacy issues with their old games would be a nice touch: controller issues, display issues, stuff breaking on fps related changes etc. The GTA games are great, but they really do have some awful legacy bugs and porting issues coupled with them.

::
Rockstar made $1 billion in 3 days with GTAV, yet they can't find the budget to port RDR to PC.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 11:01 Ledge

InBlack wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 10:54:
McTurbo wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 10:46:
its not a mistake.. because how many of the last few GTA's come out for PC.. all of em?? not sure why people are surprised that its coming out for pc..

RDR never came out for the PC, despite a huge clamoring for a port. I think thats why.

we all know that. but hes specifically referring to GTA.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 10:54 InBlack

McTurbo wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 10:46:
its not a mistake.. because how many of the last few GTA's come out for PC.. all of em?? not sure why people are surprised that its coming out for pc..

RDR never came out for the PC, despite a huge clamoring for a port. I think thats why.

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 10:46 McTurbo

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 10:44 Rigs

God, I can't wait until GTA5 gets on the PC! I mean, I'm still playing the living hell out of it on PS3 but being on PC will be so much better, in regards to textures, speed/frame rate, pop-in, resolution and mod support. I just wish *R would say SOMETHING! Anything, please!

Anyway, looking at that post, I noticed this too...

<application Title="Watch Dogs Demo" File="DuniaDemoLaunch_PC_r64.exe">
<use Area="PXDynamic">HighPerfGPUAffinity</use>

So, I assume they're going to release a demo along with the game itself? I wonder when? There's also a 'Need For Speed Sequel' entry in there, so obviously the GTA5 and Watchdogs info must be recent and solid as they would have just put in generic info otherwise. At least, that's how I see it...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

3. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 10:33 InBlack

Well good for them.  

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 10:32 Verno

No way that's in there by mistake, woot!  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo