Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers?

A post on the Guru3D.com Forums reports that AMD's recently released Catalyst 13.10 beta drivers contain the latest indication that Grand Theft Auto V is eventually heading to Windows PCs (thanks DSOGaming). User kn00tcn posts claiming to have found the following string by hex editing the beta drivers:

<application Title="Grand Theft Auto V" File="GTA5.exe">
    <use Area="PXDynamic">HighPerfGPUAffinity</use>
</application>

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2013, 11:05 Krovven

Honestly a lot of the coop jobs below level 20 suck. Many of them are "chase" jobs, where you need to stop a moving vehicle, they take forever and don't have a good risk versus reward ratio. And have no fear, even at higher levels you will still be offered the low level jobs and you can always join them when other players are looking for others to join them.

With that said, last night we were doing some of missions that we haven't done much of, or didn't do at all. Partly just to get the double money for doing them the first time and also to mix things up a bit since we all had farmed Base Invaders and some of the others for their larger cash prizes before they were nerfed. Being level 57 now, and others getting into the 40's, we've also opened up a lot more mission options, as between 20 and 40 there were few missions that were worth the time.

We also did a round of golf and several flight races last night. Good times!

It's going to help a lot when they get the coop jobs into the vote screen.

I printed out a list of all the coop jobs and have been making notes and crossing off the obvious stinkers as I do them.
ie: Chasers, Chasers 2, Caught Napping, Deal Breaker, Going Down the GOH, etc.

Another example, while fun, Blow Up 1, 2 & 3 pay out only $750 -$1500 now, yet you will probably use a few grenades ($375ish) and/or Stickies ($600) to blow up those vehicles and make zero money or even spend more money doing the mission than you would completing it.

Basically, thanks to the payout nerf on coop jobs, there are now a lot of jobs that pay out $500 to $2500 and you are likely to spend more on ammo/supplies and spend 10-20 minutes to take a loss on a job.

We finally got Geralds highest level and highest paying job Dish The Dirt (lvl 45)and it only pays $3500 (granted it is 1750 RP which is good) and it wasn't much fun. Compared to so many of the other jobs that pay more and are actually fun...in short Lamar, Gerald and Simeons jobs tend to suck and don't pay well. Ron, Martin, Lester and Trevors jobs tend to be more fun and have better rewards.

Another example... Death From Above (lvl 24, pays out only $2500 now & 1050 RP)...a lot of fun, but it's freaking hard because not only is the house heavily fortified with private guards, as soon as shit hits the fan the cops swarm the streets outside the house. With 4 players you have get into the walled property that has limited cover options, through all the guards, kill the target, stop and take a photo of the dead target, escape, and then lose the cops before returning to Martin's house. This is made slightly easier if you get a Helicopter (even easier with a Buzzard), so $700 from Lester to locate or $1000 to take Merryweathers (wont be a Buzzard). There goes a good chunk of one team members profit...nevermind any grenades/stickies and ammo used.

Rockstar has fucked up when it comes to the nerfing of coop job payouts especially compared to the zero risk and great rewards of races. It was a knee jerk reaction to their biggest mistake, which was Base Invaders being a level 27 cash cow taking in 25k for a relatively easy mission, when at the time no other mission payed out 25k for another 30+ levels. So now everything that paid out an appropriate amount has been nerfed because of Base Invaders. /rant over

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2013, 11:38.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 01:36 Creston

Rigs wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 00:13:
Creston wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 22:19:
I'd be happy to help you along, but I have to admit that patch 1.04 only seems to have made shit worse for me. Three times I got kicked out of a session by other players when I was the ONLY PLAYER IN MY SESSION. Several times I got a message that I couldn't save, that the servers were down, yadda yadda yadda. And once, when I had Simeon's special order vehicle, and was chased by SIX players (teehee!), suddenly I think my connection dropped as everyone got disconnected. Did make it easy for me to deliver the car though, hehe.

I gave up. I don't have the patience to deal with this shit. I'll try again tomorrow. Creston918 on PS3. Friend me, or invite me in game, or whatevs.

Very cool...hopefully I'll get the chance tomorrow afternoon/evening-ish and I'll give it a try!

Quick question: Do I absolutely need a headset/mic? Or can I make do without one without it hindering my progress or group cooperation? Just curious...

=-Rigs-=

You don't really need it. It's fun to have one and join in chat, but none of the missions are so difficult or complicated that you need one in order to go over strategy or anything. It's basically just "drive somewhere. Shoot a bunch of guys. Steal something and drive/take it back." (It's kinda weird that Rockstar has been dinked on that in previous GTA games (especially GTA4 was basically like that for almost every mission), and they did an excellent job changing things up in the single player, and then they fall back on that tired old shit in the mp. It's still fun, but it does get repetitive.)

In any case, if you stick to a "shoot for yes, special emote for no" deal or something similar, you'll get along fine.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 00:13 Rigs

Creston wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 22:19:
I'd be happy to help you along, but I have to admit that patch 1.04 only seems to have made shit worse for me. Three times I got kicked out of a session by other players when I was the ONLY PLAYER IN MY SESSION. Several times I got a message that I couldn't save, that the servers were down, yadda yadda yadda. And once, when I had Simeon's special order vehicle, and was chased by SIX players (teehee!), suddenly I think my connection dropped as everyone got disconnected. Did make it easy for me to deliver the car though, hehe.

I gave up. I don't have the patience to deal with this shit. I'll try again tomorrow. Creston918 on PS3. Friend me, or invite me in game, or whatevs.

Very cool...hopefully I'll get the chance tomorrow afternoon/evening-ish and I'll give it a try!

Quick question: Do I absolutely need a headset/mic? Or can I make do without one without it hindering my progress or group cooperation? Just curious...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

38. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 22:19 Creston

Rigs wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 21:28:
I might be venturing onto online for the first time this weekend, if I have some time. So, if you happen to catch me (under Lumarra), maybe help me learn the ropes? I'm sorta a little intimidated going online, to be honest. I had originally told myself I'd wait until I was finished with the single-player but now I'm a little anxious to see the online side too. Though, I have to find a decent mic as I don't have one at the moment...I did..*grumble*...just have to make do without for the time being...

=-Rigs-=

37. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 22:15 Creston

Dacron wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 21:39:
I found a good way to avoid repetitiveness.

After doing a co-op mission don't go into free roam. Do a couple of races/parachute jumps, you get paid decently, works well with 2-4 people sticking together. More 'antsy' gameplay as you are competing against each other instead of AI as well.

I'm Bigboomer23 btw

Haven't seen you around in a bit, Boom.

36. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 21:39 Dacron

I found a good way to avoid repetitiveness.

After doing a co-op mission don't go into free roam. Do a couple of races/parachute jumps, you get paid decently, works well with 2-4 people sticking together. More 'antsy' gameplay as you are competing against each other instead of AI as well.

I'm Bigboomer23 btw

35. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 21:28 Rigs

I might be venturing onto online for the first time this weekend, if I have some time. So, if you happen to catch me (under Lumarra), maybe help me learn the ropes? I'm sorta a little intimidated going online, to be honest. I had originally told myself I'd wait until I was finished with the single-player but now I'm a little anxious to see the online side too. Though, I have to find a decent mic as I don't have one at the moment...I did..*grumble*...just have to make do without for the time being...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

34. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 16:44 Yosemite Sam

Money earned for replaying missions is cut by 50%, LSC resell glitche has been fixed, and you can no longer use the roof during the Boneyard survival mission.

Seems Rockstars onto everyone farming 'base invaders' I was kinda getting bored redoing the same missions over and over and would like to mix it up with skydiving, racing, team missions ect ect anyway. Who uses the roof on Boneyard, the blue bus is the best spot IMO.

I'm either 19 or 20, forgot which, but I've only done a few of the low level missions. I still have to go see Lester for the first time, etc.

Lesters missions are pretty high end, the low end stuff is Simone, Gerald and Lamar... oh and be aware that Simones 'ATV Steal' should be done with 4 players as you need to get all 4 ATVs. Made the mistake of doing it solo and ended up spending over an hour grabbing ATVs from all over the map.... though I guess in hindsight if I would have killed all 4 riders right from the start it would have made it easier.

EDIT oh and finally remembered to call MerryWeather for some chopper support. Heh three of us called them in at one point on a survivor mission, was sweet having three choppers circling and they were all ours ... think that might be a plan for 'death from above' instead of charging the mansion just get all four people to call in choppers, sit back and watch the carnage.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2013, 16:55.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

33. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 16:32 TheEmissary

Creston wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 15:39:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 15:06:
I want to know when we will be able to build our own missions and do bank heists!

This. I'm getting bored with grinding the same mission.

Same. Some activities you can repeat and enjoy no problem like racing which is more about competing with your friends or rivals. The coop missions get a bit boring or have the feeling of being a grind when they are all structured the same. Maybe its because the mission variety isn't in yet or because I haven't unlocked it yet. I am in the high 20's rank wise.

32. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 16:30 Fantaz

yepp, definitely holding out for the PC version now...  

31. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 16:17 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 16:16:
Creston - Ill hit ya up. I was doing survival and still have a lot of low level missions to do. I am MAYBE level 10? just kind of followed people around to get the hang of it....

Yeah just msg me, or slam your car into mine or something. Or just invite me

I'm either 19 or 20, forgot which, but I've only done a few of the low level missions. I still have to go see Lester for the first time, etc.

30. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 16:16 xXBatmanXx

Creston - Ill hit ya up. I was doing survival and still have a lot of low level missions to do. I am MAYBE level 10? just kind of followed people around to get the hang of it....  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

29. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 16:15 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 16:11:
NKD wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 15:57:
Am I the only one kind of underwhelmed with GTA5?

I think so, yeah...

Yup.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

28. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 16:13 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 16:11:
I want to know when we will be able to build our own missions and do bank heists!

They are going to add a lot more content. I think they are still trying to work out the bugs. They have said it will be an ongoing thing to add content and there will be over 700 missions. I can't imagine they want to open it up right away, as it is already tough to get people to do certain missions already. Which sucks, cause I got a slow start.

I am looking forward to making atv race missions though. Already have some routes to plan out that are going to be hilarious.

If anyone on the PS3 wants to have someone help them with the low level stuff, let me know. I've been running around with our high level crew members doing the top rank missions, and I still have to do all the low level stuff as well.

Or if you want to bike race on the beach or something, whatever. Just holla at me. Creston918.

I'm getting a bit bored with shooting soldiers and Merryweather guys. I think I've murdered a thousand of them in the past week, so I need to do something else. Btw, we do hang out in Sandy Shores a lot, but only because a lot of the missions, for whatever reason, start you out at the airfield.

As for mission creation, I actually have some pretty awesome ideas that would incorporate a lot of stuff into a mission, so hopefully the tools (and the 32MB of memory (SHEESHUS!)) will let me pull it off.

27. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 16:11 Creston

NKD wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 15:57:
Am I the only one kind of underwhelmed with GTA5?

I think so, yeah...

26. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 16:11 xXBatmanXx

They are going to add a lot more content. I think they are still trying to work out the bugs. They have said it will be an ongoing thing to add content and there will be over 700 missions. I can't imagine they want to open it up right away, as it is already tough to get people to do certain missions already. Which sucks, cause I got a slow start.

I am looking forward to making atv race missions though. Already have some routes to plan out that are going to be hilarious.

On top of that, everyone is ONLY hanging out in town, not many people are venturing to sandy shores and the north shore. Probably open all of that up at some point with tons of missions. The Mt. Chilad missions are going to be rage-quit worthy.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 16:03 PHJF

GTA5 looks and runs pretty damn well on PS3, considering.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

24. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 15:57 NKD

Am I the only one kind of underwhelmed with GTA5? I mean it's an improvement over 4, for sure, but I've put significantly less hours into it than I did with SR4.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

23. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 15:54 TheEmissary

Spektr wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 15:24:
I can't remember a gta that hasnt been released on PC.. they don't have a date in it or something? :p I guess that their presence in the PC drivers mean it could be released sooner than next year.

All the core games of the series were ported to PC but there are 2 or 3 mobile versions for DS and PSP that weren't ported.

22. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 15:39 Creston

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo