Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released

1C Company has released Space Rangers HD: A War Apart, and the space combat remake is now available through digital distribution, with a retail boxed edition to follow. Here's the story:

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart remasters and enhances the world of the cult Space Rangers 2. The game was developed by the SNK-Games team in close cooperation with fans of the series. New story branch, upgrades, equipment, planetary battles and famous text adventures expand the boundaries of the already lush universe of the game in every direction, roughly doubling the game content.

The game has also received a major technical overhaul to for seamless compatibility with modern OSes. Game art was reworked to support display resolutions of up to 19201200 and planetary battles employ modern render technologies.

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart takes place in 3300AD. Our galaxy is invaded by the Dominators, combat robots that come under the influence of an alien technology. Players find themselves in a living, breathing world where they can engage in multiple activities: fight in space and hyperspace, trade, accomplish government missions, liberate planets from the Dominators in 3D RTS battles and complete text adventures leading to unique plot twists and rewards. The game ending is not set and players may find a victory of either side at the end anybody can live the life of a pirate as well as that of a hero. All player actions affect what kind of place the Galaxy will be at the end.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 18, 2013, 09:48 Ash

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 07:43:
Currently it's $20 with the 20% off week long deal. Having already bought the game twice and not being offered an additional rebate I'll wait for the holiday sale. The STALKER devs did this for dedicated fans. I'm not sure why they refuse to do the same here.

Money.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 18, 2013, 07:43 Mad Max RW

Currently it's $20 with the 20% off week long deal. Having already bought the game twice and not being offered an additional rebate I'll wait for the holiday sale. The STALKER devs did this for dedicated fans. I'm not sure why they refuse to do the same here.  

13. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 23:18 Dev

Doh, I just sent this in to blue.

Anyway, here's what I put in my email:

One of my fav games, Space Rangers 2, just got an overhaul with significant added content and graphics upgrade. Apparently they've had this in russian for a while, but just now got it professionally translated to english. I found out about it when I looked at the complete list of steam sale items. Its oddly not on the steam new releases list, apparently because its been avail only in russian regions until now. Which makes me wonder if I'm missing other games on steam lol.

steam link (has a 20% launch discount):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/214730/
Official site:
http://spacerangershd.com/
News post:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/10/10/hey-space-rangers-hd-is-out-soon/

12. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 18:09 Wolfox

It's roughly US$ 10 (more precisely R$ 19.99, with the -20% launch discount) for me during launch week on Steam - other regions are reporting prices in the US$ 15 and US$ 20 ranges (with the launch discount), so YMMV.

For US$ 10, I'll definitely buy this. Space Rangers 2 Reboot was one of my favorite games ever - if this is Space Rangers 2 Reboot improved, then I just have to play it.

11. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 17:57 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 14:27:
So, if I own the original, do I get this update for free?

*winces and ducks, expecting hysterical laughter*

I will see you hysterical laughter, and RAISE YOU ONE, good Sir!

10. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 16:47 Yosemite Sam

Heh saw the title and thought someone spun off a game based on the GTA TV show.  

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

9. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 16:37 Wowbagger_TIP

Draugr wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 16:30:
Guess I'll wait for a sale, 25 is too much.
Same here. Good game and all, but not shelling out that much for it this time. Maybe $10.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

8. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 16:30 Draugr

Guess I'll wait for a sale, 25 is too much.  

7. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 16:14 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 14:27:

*hysterical laugh*

Would be nice if devs would do this... though

6. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 15:43 Eirikrautha

I'm curious... but not $25 curious. I'll wait to see what the reviews say (especially the folks here who buy it)... and maybe hold out for a sale...  

5. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 14:27 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 11:58 Ash

Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 11:43:
Reemul wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 11:35:
Yeah, cant seem to buy it on Steam but it is available on GMG and Gamers Gate. I got mine with a 20% off at GMG and installed fine in steam. Odd one

Thanks for the tip!

... TWENTY-FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS??? Are you guys fucking INSANE? This is the exact same game you have already released three times before!

Fuck you.

I'm a big fan of this series of games, purchased both of them back when.
But I agree, 25$ for a re-release is retarded.

3. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 11:43 Creston

Reemul wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 11:35:
Yeah, cant seem to buy it on Steam but it is available on GMG and Gamers Gate. I got mine with a 20% off at GMG and installed fine in steam. Odd one

Thanks for the tip!

... TWENTY-FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS??? Are you guys fucking INSANE? This is the exact same game you have already released three times before!

Fuck you.

2. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 11:35 Reemul

1. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 10:44 Creston

"This item is currently unavailable in your region!"

Well alright then.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo