Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Still getting used to Thursday Night Football every week this season. As I joked to a friend, the two-day stretches without football are maddening. So I head once more unto the breach... I am wondering if I should try and pick the loser tonight, as in spite of my terrible record picking for the season, I am undefeated on Thursday nights, including last week where I picked against my own favorite team. So maybe if I could lose on Thursday it could trigger a few more wins on Sunday. Or maybe I should ignore mysticism and just pick better?

Mystic Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Royal Offense.
Candy Balance.
Link: Disney Halloween Gets Weird.
Stories: Ashton Kutcher Is TV's Highest Earning Actor.
Pit Bull Rescues Cat Being Attacked By Two Coyotes. Thanks brother 19.
South Park Missed Its Episode Deadline for the First Time in 17 Seasons.
Media: The Running of the Bulls.
I Broke Day One: Garry's Shitty Incident.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 15:54 Creston

Sepharo wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 00:26:
Any thoughts on why the "experts" are picking the Redskins over the Bears?

edit: Hmm I guess that's the closest game of the week according to Vegas. You wouldn't know it from the way the players are picking Chicago.

Any time the line is that close, Vegas is just saying "well, we have NO fucking clue!"

It doesn't seem that difficult a choice, though. The Redskins are TERRIBLE.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 07:28 Redmask

edit: Hmm I guess that's the closest game of the week according to Vegas. You wouldn't know it from the way the players are picking Chicago.

Probably Vegas trying to make the betting more interesting.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 00:38 1badmf

you mean in beat the experts? that's shocking to me, even as a huge skins fan. the skins' defense stinks, so any thought of an upset goes out the window cuz they can never hold any lead. combined with the fact that the bears have a good defense and i just don't see the upset happening.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 00:26 Sepharo

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2013, 00:35.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 23:54 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 17:45:
fiftykyu wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 15:17:
Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 10:58:
On a more interesting tangent, could someone with a fast pipe who owns Arkham Asylum on Steam try something for me? Could you reinstall it, and see if you actually have an option to 'View CD Key' or 'View Serial'? Tried to install and play it last night, and while it asks me for a serial key, the game in Steam gives me no option whatsoever to view one.

Steam forums seem to think that they're preparing to move the game off MicrosoftShitSoftwareLive and onto Steamworks, but even so it's a fucking shitty move to just remove my ability to actually PLAY it until they've actually completed that... Apparently Arkham City is in the same boat.

Note: If you've already installed it, you can play just fine. It's when you install fresh and need to unlock it through that shit software.

Thanks!

Don't see any option to view the Arkham Asylum key here, sorry. Had it installed previously, but haven't played in ages. Will try it, and see what happens...

Ok, the game works, but my saves are gone. Oh, there's steam achievements now? Guess I haven't been paying attention to this stuff, they've switched from GFWL -> Steamworks? Yay! Hope FromSoft can spare some time to switch over Dark Souls.

Interesting, next to Arkham City in my library there's a new Arkham City GOTY. Installing that one now. Both of those games do show (different) cd keys.

p.s. While I was typing this, a Batman: Arkham Asylum trading card appeared in my inventory. Wouldn't be at all disappointed if somehow Steam wins the next console generation...

Maybe they finished switching it over. I'll give it another go tonight.

Thanks for checking!

Edit: Update, the game is now downloading a 19MB patch, and they HAVE patched that horseshit piece of software out of it. Yay!

hay, not on steam together> or i am blind. (blind drunk maybe) Installing arkham city right now. Thanks MrGrosser.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 19:25 Rossafur

Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 17:43:
Rossafur wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:34:
The only people that complain are those with outdoor cats (that should be kept inside anyway), and stupid little dogs that they let off-leash in un-fenced areas.

No, the people that complain are people who have sheep, goats, chickens and other small livestock that continuously gets attacked by coyotes.

No sheep, goats, chickens, or other small livestock in the suburbs, which is what I was talking about, because that's where I am...

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 17:45 Creston

fiftykyu wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 15:17:
On a more interesting tangent, could someone with a fast pipe who owns Arkham Asylum on Steam try something for me? Could you reinstall it, and see if you actually have an option to 'View CD Key' or 'View Serial'? Tried to install and play it last night, and while it asks me for a serial key, the game in Steam gives me no option whatsoever to view one.

Steam forums seem to think that they're preparing to move the game off MicrosoftShitSoftwareLive and onto Steamworks, but even so it's a fucking shitty move to just remove my ability to actually PLAY it until they've actually completed that... Apparently Arkham City is in the same boat.

Note: If you've already installed it, you can play just fine. It's when you install fresh and need to unlock it through that shit software.

Thanks!

Don't see any option to view the Arkham Asylum key here, sorry. Had it installed previously, but haven't played in ages. Will try it, and see what happens...

Ok, the game works, but my saves are gone. Oh, there's steam achievements now? Guess I haven't been paying attention to this stuff, they've switched from GFWL -> Steamworks? Yay! Hope FromSoft can spare some time to switch over Dark Souls.

Interesting, next to Arkham City in my library there's a new Arkham City GOTY. Installing that one now. Both of those games do show (different) cd keys.

p.s. While I was typing this, a Batman: Arkham Asylum trading card appeared in my inventory. Wouldn't be at all disappointed if somehow Steam wins the next console generation...

Maybe they finished switching it over. I'll give it another go tonight.

Thanks for checking!

Edit: Update, the game is now downloading a 19MB patch, and they HAVE patched that horseshit piece of software out of it. Yay!

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2013, 20:51.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 17:43 Creston

Rossafur wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:34:
The only people that complain are those with outdoor cats (that should be kept inside anyway), and stupid little dogs that they let off-leash in un-fenced areas.

No, the people that complain are people who have sheep, goats, chickens and other small livestock that continuously gets attacked by coyotes.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 15:34 sauron

Verno wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 11:25:
The LOL Vikings and Horribad Giants in a race to the bottom will be the game of the week.

The pictures of both sets of fans wearing bags on their heads should be good for some lulz, as well.

Kittens!

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 15:17 fiftykyu

Thanks!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 14:55 xXBatmanXx

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 14:51:
Charlie Freaking Sheen. I don't know whether to laugh at him or wish I was him.

Bats -- They got you a brand new QB, what are you complaining about?

? Cause he sucks. They backed themselves in a corner. We now have 2 QBs that are on contract years (Cassel and Freeman) and Ponder who is the worst in the league. *sigh*

We spent a RIDICULOUS amount of money to beef up our receiver core, and they don't throw the ball more than 5 yards down field. I don't think Ponder has had more than 20, 15+ yard throws all year. In fact Last year his yards per throw was lower than AP's yards per carry!!!!

I thought they would open up the field with Cassel, but they didn't call many plays that stretched the field.

Our secondary is a joke, we routinely leave 1-2 receivers open on the weak side, so if they QB is a 3-4 receiver look, we are toast. Not a good year to be a Vikes fan.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 14:51 Mr. Tact

Charlie Freaking Sheen. I don't know whether to laugh at him or wish I was him.

Bats -- They got you a brand new QB, what are you complaining about?

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 14:42 Rossafur

Yeah, it was on the news just awhile ago I think. You can kill feral/stray cats in MN, but obviously not with a firearm in the cities, and I don't think you can if they have a collar/you know someone owns it too. There's a real bastard of a tomcat in my neighborhood (who must only still be alive because he's so mean, -there are coyotes, foxes, several species of hawks and owls, and even bald eagles in the neighborhood) that I've chased away from wood ducklings before, and it's even bitten and clawed several people, but he has a collar, and I know where he lives...  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 14:20 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:41:
And yet you can't kill feral cats that are hugely problematic in Florida, but you *can* kill coyotes whenever.
I would hope there's a catch, spay/neuter, and release program?

There is one in the metro area Minneapolis, but they can't keep up. It is getting really bad.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 13:52 Rossafur

nin wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:41:
And yet you can't kill feral cats that are hugely problematic in Florida, but you *can* kill coyotes whenever.

There is/are, I'm not sure how much it's accomplishing, though. In one of my last anthropology classes someone actually did her field ethnography on one of those programs in the area. Cats can live quite awhile, especially since there are people feeding them. The trailer parks are the worst, they keep bringing in new cats, leave them outside, and then put out food for them. I lived in a few suburban neighborhoods in North Tampa, and at the last when I'd walk my dog at night you'd see a cat about every 50 feet... Gave up on skateboarding with my dog there, ha.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 13:41 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 13:34 Rossafur

Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:16:
"True Men" don't have to deal with the fuckers on a daily basis. Those that do just fucking shoot them.

And outdoor cats kill countless birds and other small animals all the time (and don't even eat most). They think there are over a million feral cats in Florida alone. Near Tampa on the beach awhile back they even tracked an endangered mouse they had collared to the stomach of an outdoor cat... And yet you can't kill feral cats that are hugely problematic in Florida, but you *can* kill coyotes whenever.

I live in suburban MN now, and there are coyotes all over, my dog has even chased (and been chased back) by them before, but I still don't hold anything against them. The only people that complain are those with outdoor cats (that should be kept inside anyway), and stupid little dogs that they let off-leash in un-fenced areas.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 13:33 KS

Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:16:
Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:09:
Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 10:51:
nin wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 09:21:
Following the incident, officials with Pinellas County Animal Rescue are warning area residents to keep their pets inside at night to protect them from coyotes.

Yeah, no kidding...we have them around here, and they make off with smaller pets all the time.

I heard a pack of them howling a few nights back, then I heard some gunshots later. (rifle shots, more likely). Saw two dead ones near the road the next morning.

Dumbass coyotes.

True Men Don't kill Coyotes

"True Men" don't have to deal with the fuckers on a daily basis. Those that do just fucking shoot them.

Giant rats eating your sheep. "But they're doggies!" pontificate the power hungry to concrete canyon dwellers who, by dint of breeding like rats themselves, outnumber and extend a claw of control over the sparse states 1500 miles away. "Let's force them to obey our sensibilities!"

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 13:30 Verno

Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:10:
Is Beat the Insiders down? Can't login and I did a password reset and that didn't take either. Anyhoo, I think I went with the Cards tonight.

Up for me.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 13:16 Creston

Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:09:
Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 10:51:
nin wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 09:21:
Following the incident, officials with Pinellas County Animal Rescue are warning area residents to keep their pets inside at night to protect them from coyotes.

Yeah, no kidding...we have them around here, and they make off with smaller pets all the time.

I heard a pack of them howling a few nights back, then I heard some gunshots later. (rifle shots, more likely). Saw two dead ones near the road the next morning.

Dumbass coyotes.

True Men Don't kill Coyotes

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo