Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Thanks for the feedback the other day on the question about a front panel for my PC. Two themes emerged in the responses, which I think are equally valid. One was that since CF support is not really something that ever comes up, I can probably safely ignore the possible issues with that. The other is that there are few enough occasions to use the other media support in a card reader that it can probably be skipped altogether. I'm still considering this, but I'll go with one or the other: Either I'll get that NZXT unit that matches my case, or perhaps forego a panel altogether.

Thankful Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Hardventure Into the Duat.
Zombies in Space.
Stories: 'Railroad puppy' Hudson gets new artificial paw after being abandoned. Another wonder dog! Thanks Matthew.
Hillary Clinton slapped with parking ticket in London. Thanks brother19.
Science: Pot Smokers- why are they skinny? Thanks Digg.
Media: Banksy set up a stall, selling 100% authentic paintings for $60. Thanks Cutter.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 08:51 nin

I do not need the following coupons:

No kidding. Logged in one day last week and had like 5 coupons I didn't give a fuck about, with no way to delete them...annoying!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 23:57 swedishfriend

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 13:00:
KS wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 12:14:
InBlack wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 10:43:
That Pot Smoker link is horrible. Its a chart, a damn unreadable one at that and one that doesnt answer the question 'why' or even attempt to. Waste of my five minutes. Bah!

Exactly, it doesn't say why, and just draws a correlation. A better title would leave out "why".

Yeah, while colorful and visually appealing, it does a poor job of presenting its information. If you look very carefully you'll notice three main reasons current pot smokers are thinner:
1. They are younger by a wide margin.
2. They don't drink nearly as much (the pot is a substitute for alcohol)
3. They smoke a lot more, and tobacco is an appetite suppressor.

According to the chart:
1. more than half the current users are over 29. About 4/5ths of the previous users are over 29

2. Current users drink much more alcohol than non-users

3. Yes they are more likely to use tobacco.

They are also more likely to exercise than the non-users.

Plus you will burn more calories while high.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 18:29 xXBatmanXx

Just a heads up....if you do Family Share, it uses the same save files......so when you fire up a game with an account you have never used that game with, all achievements will pop for that account, and they will be progressing your save games. whoops....

/Dear Steam:

I do not need the following coupons:
Shadow Warrior 10%
Shadow Warrior 10%
Shadow Warrior 10%
Foul Play 33%
Foul Play 33%
Volgarr the Viking 25%
Toki Tori 2+ 10% (gave away 2 of these in a trade as a joke)

Please fix this so I can delete them. Thanks.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2013, 18:47.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 18:01 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 16:43:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 16:31:
Verno wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 15:55:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 14:44:
WoW! PSN+ is kicking ass!!!!

Huh? Did they announce a new batch of free games or something?

Yeah, what?

I hadn't checked the store in a while, was happy with what I found. Always wanted to play ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

Gotcha. yeah, never played either and snagged them this Monday when I checked. So far Shadow is, um...dull.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 17:40 xXBatmanXx

Yosemite Sam wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 17:29:
Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 16:42:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 16:35:
Condition: GTAitis

Symptoms: Constantly hearing sirens

Diagnosis: Playing too much GTA / Living in Compton.

Well looks like Rockstar tweaked 'base invaders' its not a gravy run anymore. Way more soldiers, tougher soldiers and endless respawning of soldiers.

Told ya. At least we got four runs in last night.

But survival still is. 20k.

Ya but survival takes easily over 30min to complete, probably closer to 45min. In that time doing other missions can rack up way more cash. Could probably (k not anymore) bank well over a 100k doing base invaders. Even the other playmodes will give more money per time invested... actually if you want to rank up and money up real fast try skydiving. They dont pay much or give very much RP, but if you consider how fast they are I'd bet those types of games probably earn the most on a time investment scale.

That said I do like to start my GTA online session with a survival game just so I can have all the toys, like a HMG, RPG, Grenade launcher and a fully loaded minigun

Yea, that is the point, and also xp goes up super fast if you are the only getting a lot of kills. Oh, and it IS HELLA FUN!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 17:29 Yosemite Sam

Well looks like Rockstar tweaked 'base invaders' its not a gravy run anymore. Way more soldiers, tougher soldiers and endless respawning of soldiers.

Ya but survival takes easily over 30min to complete, probably closer to 45min. In that time doing other missions can rack up way more cash. Could probably (k not anymore) bank well over a 100k doing base invaders. Even the other playmodes will give more money per time invested... actually if you want to rank up and money up real fast try skydiving. They dont pay much or give very much RP, but if you consider how fast they are I'd bet those types of games probably earn the most on a time investment scale.

That said I do like to start my GTA online session with a survival game just so I can have all the toys, like a HMG, RPG, Grenade launcher and a fully loaded minigun

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 16:54 xXBatmanXx

Everyone check your e-mail, i just got in the family share beta....wanted to try this out.

k, got it setup locally on 1 machine with 2 accounts, but not sure how to do it across 2 computers yet....

/currently looks local only, as each person would have to login to that machine to "share" their games....they must have really back peddled on the "friends" part of "family and friends" as it is only currently "family".....

I dunno. Very cool for people with multiple kids and not needing to buy so many copies of one game.

Games not supported by sharing:
http://steamdb.info/familysharing.php

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2013, 19:55.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 16:43 xXBatmanXx

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 16:43 xXBatmanXx

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 16:31:

Yeah, what?

I hadn't checked the store in a while, was happy with what I found. Always wanted to play ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 16:42 Creston

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 16:35 Yosemite Sam

Diagnosis: Playing too much GTA

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 16:31 Agent.X7

Yeah, what?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 16:18 Creston

Cowboys vs Eagles, what does everyone think? Eagles are on a bit of a run but they've played some crappy teams and have yet to win at home. The Cowboys are coming together and Romo seems like he will pick apart the Eagles spotty pass defense. Yet the Eagles seem heavily favored so I'm kinda doubting myself.

Also Bears at Redskins, I have no thoughts on this game as I haven't really been following either team very closely.

The Redskins are absolutely fucking TERRIBLE. The only team I'd pick them over is the galactical shitshow that is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Cowboys / Eagles, eh. I picked the cowboys, but who knows. Or better yet, who cares.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 15:55 Verno

Cowboys vs Eagles, what does everyone think? Eagles are on a bit of a run but they've played some crappy teams and have yet to win at home. The Cowboys are coming together and Romo seems like he will pick apart the Eagles spotty pass defense. Yet the Eagles seem heavily favored so I'm kinda doubting myself.

Also Bears at Redskins, I have no thoughts on this game as I haven't really been following either team very closely.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 14:44 xXBatmanXx

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 13:49 Agent.X7

Brings to mind that Lifehack article that was linked yesterday. They had a funny chart showing the correlation of the fall of Internet Explorer's market share with the fall of the US murder rate.

DO they really have anything to do with one another? Probably not, but some idiot will always publish it in the media as fact.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 13:31 xXBatmanXx

That Pot Smoker link is horrible. Its a chart, a damn unreadable one at that and one that doesnt answer the question 'why' or even attempt to. Waste of my five minutes. Bah!

Was probably put together by a pot head.....

/runs

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 13:00 jdreyer

KS wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 12:14:

Exactly, it doesn't say why, and just draws a correlation. A better title would leave out "why".

Yeah, while colorful and visually appealing, it does a poor job of presenting its information. If you look very carefully you'll notice three main reasons current pot smokers are thinner:
1. They are younger by a wide margin.
2. They don't drink nearly as much (the pot is a substitute for alcohol)
3. They smoke a lot more, and tobacco is an appetite suppressor.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2013, 13:30.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 12:50 HorrorScope

Correction:

Pot Smokers - Why are the skinny ones skinny?

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2013, 12:14 KS

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo