Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Crew Delayed

A financial statement from Ubisoft covers the revelation from earlier that Watch Dogs is delayed and adds that they will be delaying The Crew as well (thanks nin via Polygon). An online action/driving game, The Crew was announced for release early next year, but now they say it will be released in their fiscal 2014-2015. Here's word on both setbacks:

"Our long term goal is to win the next generation. The tough decisions we are taking today to fully realize the major potential of our new creations have an impact on our short-term performance. We are convinced that, longer term, they will prove to be the right decisions both in terms of satisfaction for our fans and in terms of value creation for our shareholders. We are building franchises that will become perennial pillars of Ubisoft’s financial performance. In a context of growing successes for mega-blockbusters, the additional time given to the development of our titles will allow them to fulfill their huge ambitions and thus offer players even more exceptional experiences” stated Ubisoft co-founder and CEO Yves Guillemot. He concluded “Fueled by strong momentum for PlayStation 4 and XboxOne, calendar 2014 will see the return of growth to the console market. Combined with the quality of our line-up and our strong financial situation, this growth will allow us to achieve record operating income in fiscal 2014-15 and 2015-16."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: The Crew Delayed Oct 16, 2013, 17:10 RollinThundr

Trevellian wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 22:58:
I'm just glad to see Ubisoft delaying games in the name of quality instead of just pushing to release trash at the console launch dates.

It's a combo of two things, they already have major releases lined up for the holiday quarter, pushing back some of these titles to next year will better affect their bottom line. The other thing is the polish you mention. Something Ubisoft has been pretty good at lately.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2013, 00:03 NegaDeath

Probably a good move. Pulling off a lunch title is hard enough already with the move to new tech.  

5. Re: The Crew Delayed Oct 15, 2013, 23:50 Lorcin

U(bisoft) ARE NOT PREPARED  

4. Re: The Crew Delayed Oct 15, 2013, 22:58 Trevellian

I'm just glad to see Ubisoft delaying games in the name of quality instead of just pushing to release trash at the console launch dates.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

3. Re: The Crew Delayed Oct 15, 2013, 22:52 nin

Kinda on the fence on this one. Could be awesome, or could be meh. Going to need to see some reviews.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: The Crew Delayed Oct 15, 2013, 22:47 NKD

Launch and near-launch lineup for new consoles was already weak. This isn't helping push consoles.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

1. Re: The Crew Delayed Oct 15, 2013, 22:00 Creston

I hope they'll work on the driving aspect a lot more, because both from videos I've seen and previews I've read it appears to be terribly arcadey.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo