Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Previews

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Previews Oct 16, 2013, 15:20 dj LiTh

I just hope there's a way to bypass the 'lag' of watching the charactor turn to view the sector/galaxy map. I'm sure it'll be cool the first dozen times, after that...not so much.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Previews Oct 16, 2013, 11:47 Creston

gray wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 07:46:
As an X fan (currently replaying X3TC), the ship thing isn't a big deal at all. This design decision is straight off the back of player experience in X3, almost all players settle into an M6 after the beginning of the game. The devs have just taken this and ran with it, limiting to one ship opens up the interior of the ship to us (although a limited number of M6s might have been an idea aswell i.e. <5, I-War style).

I'm a little bit apprehensive about the 'accessibility' of XR, I prefer the existing menu and scripting system. Not really looking forward to lots of nested menus built for a thumbstick, hopefully the options will retain keybindings.

The scripting system is still in there, and has even been made more powerful now that they've gone to a completely new engine. As for the accessibility, eh, most people find X's menus obtuse because they take more than 5 minutes to learn. I would imagine you can still use keyboard shortcuts to get everywhere, but for those people who can't memorize 20 different keystrokes, they can now clicky clicky as well.

4. Re: Evening Previews Oct 16, 2013, 07:46 gray

As an X fan (currently replaying X3TC), the ship thing isn't a big deal at all. This design decision is straight off the back of player experience in X3, almost all players settle into an M6 after the beginning of the game. The devs have just taken this and ran with it, limiting to one ship opens up the interior of the ship to us (although a limited number of M6s might have been an idea aswell i.e. <5, I-War style).

I'm a little bit apprehensive about the 'accessibility' of XR, I prefer the existing menu and scripting system. Not really looking forward to lots of nested menus built for a thumbstick, hopefully the options will retain keybindings.

3. Re: Evening Previews Oct 16, 2013, 03:45 InBlack

I dunno, Im kind of worried X might turn out to be the same damn thing all the other X games were. Which I guess is fine for most people who like the X games, but I was hoping there might be some kind of story in there. Also being stuck in the same ship for the whole game is going to get old at some point unless there are a shitload of customization and upgrade options. On the other hand space sims are few and far between and I guess beggars cant be choosers...  

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Evening Previews Oct 15, 2013, 23:29 dj LiTh

Indeed, 1 more month to go! X-Rebirth and Xcom Enemy Within, November is gonna be a busy month  

1. Re: Evening Previews Oct 15, 2013, 22:58 Cutter

Dizamn XR sounds good.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo