Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 17, 2013, 00:52 swedishfriend

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 06:03:
Another reason to not jump on the bandwagon with the new consoles right away. At least on a PC I don't have to worry about proprietary interfaces. Problem will be if you lay out big money for a good headset on a console now, you will probably not be able to use the same on a PC, how ridiculous.

It is the proprietary gaming headsets that won't work right away. There is a regular headphone plug on the PS4 controller and the PS4 will work with standard bluetooth devices. Also there is an optical out in addition to the hdmi.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 16, 2013, 14:28 Quboid

Wow, you mean Ryse is being really badly managed and is being made by un-motivated people struggling to stay awake?! I GOTTA GET ME SOME OF THAT!  

- Quboid

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 16, 2013, 06:03 Ozmodan

Another reason to not jump on the bandwagon with the new consoles right away. At least on a PC I don't have to worry about proprietary interfaces. Problem will be if you lay out big money for a good headset on a console now, you will probably not be able to use the same on a PC, how ridiculous.  

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 16, 2013, 01:37 jacobvandy

I gotta think they have a lot more than 50 people working on that, so it's more like 1-3 months. But still, it's a bizarre choice for a "fun fact" you use to promote your game.  

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 16, 2013, 00:24 Grokk

Imagine actually being paid for that crunch time though!!
You could theoretically earn more in the 3 month crunch period than you would over the previous two years of 9-5ing.

....if only.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 16, 2013, 00:19 psulli

Will my old PC still work at PS4 launch ... or will I need to wait for a patch?  

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 15, 2013, 23:14 Cutter

Crunch time is a waste of time and money. Numerous studies have sown that time and again. People are only good for about 10 hours tops after that their productivity declines exponentially. I remember crunching at EA and basically doing nothing except falling asleep in front of my monitor because I couldn't focus on anything.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 15, 2013, 22:50 Redmask

Ryse looks awful, imagine wasting that much of your life on a shitty game.  

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 15, 2013, 22:23 nin

But it'll be the best QTE ever!!!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 15, 2013, 22:14 jdreyer

Yeah saw that "11,000 meals served during crunch time!" story. My God, that's like 6 months of crunch time for a team of 50, assuming they're working Saturday and Sunday. That's crazy.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo