Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 15:56 Acleacius

Yeah, my vote for SS2 was misguided, it's defiantly a game to be played alone and in the dark, not as comic relief.

I'm not that big of fan of Run & Hides, though stealth games can be great fun.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 14:11 Cutter

Outlast has scored solid reviews and praise all around. Ima grab it at some point.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

13. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 13:45 jacobvandy

They're all modern games on the list because Conan really can't and won't spend a bunch of time trying to get into a game, plus if it looks like shit, that's all he'd talk about. Amnesia is the best candidate here, IMO. Slender would be #2, but it relies too much on cheap startling tactics to have any effect on someone not playing by themselves, at night, in the dark, etc.

I'm not at all impressed by the trailers for Outlast. I remember seeing the longer gameplay one like a year ago, and it was predictable and boring as fuck. Though I imagine playing the game itself must be a whole lot better to merit all the hype around it lately?

12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 12:13 Prez

qsto wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 11:58:
No love for Outlast?

Haven't tried it yet.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 11:58 qsto

No love for Outlast?  

10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 10:54 nin

Acleacius wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 10:50:
Prez wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 10:23:
I'd say either Amnesia or Clive Barker's Undying (if you can still find a copy and get it working on Windows 7)
nin wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 10:29:
I'd say either Amnesia or Clive Barker's Undying (if you can still find a copy and get it working on Windows 7)

Undying was some creepy stuff...wish that would show up on GOG. I know my cds somewhere, but I've not seen it lately.
Undying You guys just missed it on sale for $2.49, as part of the EA 60% off weekend sale.

First choice would be System Shock 2, second Undying.

Ah, fuck! Well, thanks for the heads up, glad it's out there! Hell, I might snag it for $6 - it was easily worth that.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 10:50 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 10:29:

Undying was some creepy stuff...wish that would show up on GOG. I know my cds somewhere, but I've not seen it lately.
Undying You guys just missed it on sale for $2.49, as part of the EA 60% off weekend sale. Plus you got The Witcher for free.

First choice would be System Shock 2, second Undying.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 10:38 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 10:19:
InBlack wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 10:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 10:10:
Scary video games? What's that?

A:CM is scary in how bad it is and how much it ruined a beloved franchise...

At this point I am not sure what franchise we even talk about. It got pretty damn near butchered by Aliens 4 and Prometheus. A:CM was just another insult on a long road of insults.

Well Alien4 wasnt really that bad, it was kind of campy but overall I was entertained. Also that line by Ron Perlman: "Earth? What a shithole!" kind of saves the movie from obscurity. Prometheus though, wow its hard to say anything redeeming about that flick......I guess it was pretty.

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 10:29 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 10:24 Verno

Undying still holds up pretty well surprisingly, it's nice to get lost in an FPS game too. Remember when levels were big enough to convey space without detailed backgrounds?  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 10:23 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 10:19 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 10:16:

At this point I am not sure what franchise we even talk about. It got pretty damn near butchered by Aliens 4 and Prometheus. A:CM was just another insult on a long road of insults.

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 10:16 InBlack

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 10:10 eRe4s3r

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 15, 2013, 09:42 InBlack

Conan should play Aliens Collonial Marines, after which he should RIP Randy Pitchford and those other assholes at Gearbox a new one...  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo