Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released

The Roberts Space Industries website reflects the continuing flurry of activity surrounding Star Citizen, the upcoming space combat game that looks to return to the glory days of games like Wing Commander and Privateer. The game's crowdfunding campaign is hurtling along, and has surpassed the $22 million mark, triggering the new stretch goals of a Facial Capture System and a Public Transportation System. They add: "In addition to this immersion-enhancing design upgrade, we’re also going to dedicate some of the additional funding to making next year’s CitizenCon a bigger event! Thank you for making this all possible. Keep spreading the word!" Here's the summary of the latest happenings, which includes the release of a patch for the game's hangar module and the commercial for the 2944 Aurora:

Two pieces of great news: after a long night of hard work, the promised Hangar patch is available! You can check out the Avenger, the privateer outfit, the Aurora LN, the fish tank… and a few other surprises. The second piece of news is that in just four days, we’ve hit $22 million in crowd funding! Between the hangar patch, the bomber reveals, the Aurora LN, CIG Manchester and the start of The Next Great Starship, this has been a big anniversary week… and the best is yet to come!

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

33. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 18:00 Wildone

Of course, 87% idiots who wanna be able to pick shit out of the nose vent as a mini game :\  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 17:59 Overon

I have been disappointed too many times by claims and then when reality set in the claims were not justified.

I hope for the best (not that this changes reality in anyway) but I will believe it when I see it. Right now I suspend judgement.

31. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 17:26 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:43:
I still this game should come standard with a small tube of lube. There are going to be a lot of chaffed asses over this thing eventually.

You still haven't explained your negativity. Given how stoked you are about X: Rebirth, I don't understand why you're hating so hard on this. Is it just the MMO aspect of it?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

30. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 17:24 BadIronTree

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 17:17:
BadIronTree wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:55:
THERE ARE NO shareholders or investors that need to make money ... So the game will be HARD. Its a SIM. No need to damm it down to get a bigger target Group !!!
u mad?

Nope i just bored answering the same stuff over over again... because people are to lazy to read the ABOUT
and the FAQ

29. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 17:17 Pr()ZaC

BadIronTree wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:55:
THERE ARE NO shareholders or investors that need to make money ... So the game will be HARD. Its a SIM. No need to damm it down to get a bigger target Group !!!
u mad?

28. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 16:55 BadIronTree

why so much hate people?

This game was never going to be made if they were not people pledging a lot of money ...

There is a market for this type of game... its a niche market like EVE

It will not sell a billion dollars like GTA 5
Even Cris said if he sell 2 millions copies he will be happy ... Other games if they sell 2 million copies are failures

Now With 250.000 people pledging ... he made all the money he needs to make the game...

ALL the Extras are PROFIT for him and his team/company ...

27. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 16:43 Cutter

I still this game should come standard with a small tube of lube. There are going to be a lot of chaffed asses over this thing eventually.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

26. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 16:22 Tumbler

They took a vote on whether to stop adding things. Turns out 87% didnt agree with you.

In SC's defense the stuff they are adding is realistic considering the budget. Some of these features sound very complicated but all you technically need to do when you add a salvage mechanic is to alter how mining works. Approach object, activate doo hickey, spawn resources. I hope it will be far better than this and I assume they have much bigger ideas but they're not setting the quantity of work that needs to be done at 200% what it was just a month before.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

25. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:36 Sleep

Creston wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 13:41:
Up next: RTS gameplay, and at 25 million we make it into an RPG! Then, at 30 million, it'll become Angry Birds: Star Citizen!

They need to stop adding things to it. Few wing commander fans wanted FPS gameplay in this game, and just continuously adding features will only dilute the experience.

They took a vote on whether to stop adding things. Turns out 87% didnt agree with you.

24. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:34 datachasm

hangar is already out, dogfighting in december, next will be social which i think will open the areas around your hangar, bars and shops etc etc, sometime winter/spring, then ship boarding (see where this is going, each module builds onto the last one), then summer 2014 squadron 42 singleplayer, then december 2014 star citizen persistent universe.

i think im skipping bf4 (well maybe)and anything else and sinking all my gaming dollars into star citizen.

and dont forget haters: this is using cryengine which i think they have used before to make a FPS game with vehicles?

but im glad many wont be getting onboard in favor of buying saints row 6, gta 8, bioshock 5, and call of duty 23. have fun with that!

23. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:31 Sleep

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:13:
That Aurora looks sweet.

The thing about free traders I always wondered about though is this: When you play a military style space sim, it makes sense that your ship is tricked out with weaps and stuff since you're in the military. But for trading ships, that never made sense to me. It's not like people today outfit their DC9s or Learjets with 0.50 cal MGs and Stingers.

They might if they could be boarded and all their shit stolen.

22. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:13 jdreyer

That Aurora looks sweet.

The thing about free traders I always wondered about though is this: When you play a military style space sim, it makes sense that your ship is tricked out with weaps and stuff since you're in the military. But for trading ships, that never made sense to me. It's not like people today outfit their DC9s or Learjets with 0.50 cal MGs and Stingers.

21. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:11 Pr()ZaC

December? Well, I hope the best for Roberts, he surely created a monster.  

20. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:09 jdreyer

wonkawonka wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 12:17:
At this stage if they don't implement relativistic physics I'll be seriously pissed off.

If not, I'm sure there will be a mod for that.

19. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:08 jdreyer

Whiskers wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 12:04:
Maybe they are going for the banking policy of "too big to fail"?

I would like to just see some actual gameplay instead of all this talk about "what it will be like" and a few models in a hangar.

Too big? Still a fifth the budget of a typical CoD or GTA.

But yeah, I'd like to see some gameplay vids too. Probably to early for that tho.

18. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:06 jdreyer

deadearth wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 10:57:
blue, i think you meant "$22M" not "$21M"

So hard to keep track these days. I mean at this point, what's a mil give or take?

17. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:01 Tumbler

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 13:55:
Do we have an ETA for an Alpha/Beta release to the backers?

December. I wanna say 13th but i'm just guessing.

16. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:00 Tumbler

This project has gotten a lot more exciting since the hangar module came out. I'm more excited about the upcoming dogfighter alpha than i am about anything else in the near future. Passing on both new consoles in favor of a new hotas setup. Might still pick up bf4...november is a long month...  

15. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 13:55 Pr()ZaC

Do we have an ETA for an Alpha/Beta release to the backers?  

14. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 13:41 Creston

Up next: RTS gameplay, and at 25 million we make it into an RPG! Then, at 30 million, it'll become Angry Birds: Star Citizen!

They need to stop adding things to it. Few wing commander fans wanted FPS gameplay in this game, and just continuously adding features will only dilute the experience.

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo