Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
879 Replies. 44 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

19. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 13:19 scarlet

I did, too. Alas, we still lost out to a babbling Tea Party chimp.

Pigeon, babbling? You're getting him confused with marbles-in-mouth Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, or our prez (Have you seen him without his trusty teleprompter? He makes George Bush look like a Rhodes scholar.). The ever-brilliant Cruz runs circles around them all mentally with his powerful oratory. Reid, Pelosi, and the prez have the combined brainpower of a newt.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 13:15 Redmask

TheEmissary wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 13:03:
I have feeling that the shutdown will end on the last day by more "kick the can down the road" policy like the last two years. They will likely do it again until the next president is in office.

Pretty much, the GOP will lose again due to its idiotic obstructionist elements and then we'll repeat this circus later. Then we'll spend the next 8 years repeating the same 'obsess about single law' obstructionist garbage until we're no longer a relevant political party. The end can't come soon enough, I only hope Jindal can revive this shit show but there are so many fringe loonies who have attached themselves to us that it's crazy.

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 13:03 TheEmissary

I have feeling that the shutdown will end on the last day by more "kick the can down the road" policy like the last two years. They will likely do it again until the next president is in office.  

16. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 12:56 HorrorScope

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:28:
Meanwhile Obama's approval is down to a record low of 37%, even lower than Bush's rating at this point in his presidency. When Bush finally reached it after 6 years the liberal dominated media celebrated. Now it's not even being reported by those same hypocrites.

Everyone and any way you slice it... are at record lows. Obviously shutting down the govt while still getting paid, totally deserve such ratings. It's really an insane move on so many levels. Nice to know we live in the Democratic Republic of an Area of Land. For the parties, by the parties.

15. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 12:54 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 10:30:
Good work, government. Really, just a job WELL FUCKING DONE. Vote yourselves another raise, you clearly deserve it.

Please everybody, vote all these fucking incumbents out of office at the next election(s).

We need one of those "I promise" campaigns. Because this has been said for easily 20 years now and everyone wants the other voter to vote their person out and not theirs, meaning nothing changes.

We have 35% left nuts and 35% right nuts. Even if they aren't happy at all, they can never cross the line and vote another way, so that fucks up the "Vote them all out", they aren't going to cross party lines. I've said, if you aren't getting cash from the parties there is no reason to marry one, so I end up being independany because imo it's the only sane choice, why pledge allegiance to a party that doesn't compensate me? Even though I have a preference, it isn't in blood by any stretch.

I'm thinking and they know it, voting out even if it worked, changes nothing. we'd just have a different mix of the same jack asses.

14. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 12:41 Creston

scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:44:
Creston, we need to go around congress by strengthening the power of the states, whose power has been purloined, through a State Amendment process advocated by Mark Levin. The Federal gov't is out of control and is limited no longer (with the help of a wayward supreme court) as the founding fathers intended.

That sounds nice, but how do we go about doing that? Unless all 50 states join together and say to the Feds "you guys are out of control, we're taking some of the power back," nothing's going to happen.

And the state lawmakers really aren't all that much better than their federal counterparts anyway. They're all desperate trying to get promoted to the federal gov. (I sometimes semi-joke that the only reason Europe formed the European Union is so that the shitty politicians had a place to promote to after they had achieved Minister rank in a country. It sure worked for Holland, as dozens of their worthless politicians now 'serve' the European parliament.)

We just need to stop this bullshit incumbent system. If you don't perform as a lawmaker, your ass gets kicked out of office, and the next guy/gal can give it a shot.

13. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 12:36 scarlet

Pigeon wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:49:
I tried to keep Cruz out... sorry about that guys

Babbling? You're getting him confused with marbles-in-mouth Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, or our prez (Have you seen him without his trusty teleprompter? He makes George Bush look like a Rhodes scholar.). The ever-brilliant Cruz runs circles around them all mentally with his powerful oratory. Reid, Pelosi, and the prez have the combined brainpower of a newt.

12. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 12:36 RollinThundr

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:28:
Necrophob wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:08:
Good work, government. Really, just a job WELL FUCKING DONE. Vote yourselves another raise, you clearly deserve it.

Please everybody, vote all these fucking incumbents out of office at the next election(s).

I wish it was so easy, but remember, the only idiot you have the power to vote out is YOUR idiot You have no control over all of the other idiots in the House, and their districts are usually so gerrymandered that they have no fear of losing. I saw a statistic on The Daily Show the other day that mentioned that there is a 91% incumbency rate in the House. An MSNBC article mentions that Congressional approval is down to 5%...

Meanwhile Obama's approval is down to a record low of 37%, even lower than Bush's rating at this point in his presidency. When Bush finally reached it after 6 years the liberal dominated media celebrated. Now it's not even being reported by those same hypocrites.

Of course it isn't, too busy still blaming the majority controlled GOP congress for everything. The GOP created Obamacare too doncha know.

You have to remember, Obama is innocent in all this, I mean throwing temper tantrums and demanding the other side always give you everything you want, yet still call it "compromising" is so acceptable for someone who's President of the United States.

No all the worlds woes are because of the GOP, or Bush. The majority liberal media and all the brainwashed school children of the last 20 years say so.

11. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 12:29 nin

"reelect no one!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 12:25 Burrito of Peace

Pigeon wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:49:

9. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 12:06 scarlet

Cruz is the best we've got, Pigeon. But I doubt 100 Ted Cruz's would be able to "fix" Washington.

The Supreme Court is out of control too along with our imperial president. We need more checks on their power and we can only do that by amending the Constitution. Congress will NOT amend it to limit their own power. The States need to amend it, a power granted explicitly in article 5 of the Constitution.

8. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 11:49 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:36:

I wish it was so easy, but remember, the only idiot you have the power to vote out is YOUR idiot You have no control over all of the other idiots in the House, and their districts are usually so gerrymandered that they have no fear of losing. I saw a statistic on The Daily Show the other day that mentioned that there is a 91% incumbency rate in the House. An MSNBC article mentions that Congressional approval is down to 5%...

Yeah, but that's why I keep asking everyone to vote THEIR incumbent out of office. I can only vote to get rid of my shitwicks, but you can vote to get rid of your shitwicks. We can all do this together.

Odds are it isn't going to happen, most people vote Rep/Dem just because "that's what they do," but at least we can try.

Also, who in fuck's name are that 5% that still think Congress is doing a good fucking job??? Seriously, can we have those idiots arrested?

7. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 11:44 scarlet

Creston, we need to go around congress by strengthening the power of the states, whose power has been purloined, through a State Amendment process advocated by Mark Levin. The Federal gov't is out of control and is limited no longer (with the help of a wayward supreme court) as the founding fathers intended.  

6. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 11:36 Creston

Yeah, but that's why I keep asking everyone to vote THEIR incumbent out of office. I can only vote to get rid of my shitwicks, but you can vote to get rid of your shitwicks. We can all do this together.

Odds are it isn't going to happen, most people vote Rep/Dem just because "that's what they do," but at least we can try.

Also, who in fuck's name are that 5% that still think Congress is doing a good fucking job??? Seriously, can we have those idiots arrested?

5. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 11:28 Mad Max RW

4. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 11:08 Necrophob

3. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 11:00 InBlack

Good.

-> Imagine grumpy cat meme image here <-

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 10:49 scarlet

I concur, Creston. If anything be left in disarray, the gov't will do it.

By the US Constitution, the gov't should be a limited one and the power ought to be returned to the people, serving at our behest.

1. Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 10:30 Creston

879 Replies. 44 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo