Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
879 Replies. 44 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

39. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 17:23 Draugr

scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:17:
We don't need 100% of states to pass a new amendment to limit the Federal leviathan, only 2/3's majority to propose only 3/4's majority to pass. Not easy, but doable.

You assume that just because people aren't happy with the government most people want the same thing you do. I think you could get all those people to agree they aren't happy about it, but if you think they all want to move further right like yourself, then you'd be mistaken, which is why what you propose is a pipe dream. States rights is not a thing most Americans are concerned with, which is why the tea party is a marginal group of people in comparison to the US population (that's not to say they don't have influence, of course.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 17:20 scarlet

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:53:
Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:44:
Dirwulf wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:31:
Draugr wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:20:
scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:29:
The tea party movement is truly a grassroots movement, not a giant political machine like the Republican or Democratic parties.

Hahaha.

I guess he's never heard of the Koch brothers.
The Tea Party was grass roots, true. Then, as mentioned, it became the tool of billionaires looking to control us.

The sad thing is people think it's trying to do the opposite. The tea party gets people up in arms over controlling stupid shit, like how large a soda you can buy, while making its party members believe it's ok to control the shit that matters, like your reproductive system.

Look over there, a three headed monkey!

People (mainly the liberal media) conveniently forget the Tea Party was founded by a single woman in response to everyone's outrage over the 2008 bailout George W. Bush signed. If the kiddies had any sense at all they'd do a little research instead of happily eating up the lying bullshit and bigotry they hear on MSNBC and the Daily Show. You should be on your hands and knees kissing the Tea Party's ass for going against progressives in both parties who are spending the country into an EU-like oblivion.

You're exactly right, Mad Max. I find myself in the same age bracket as those you speak and do not understand how my com padres can lap that stuff up without critically thinking for themselves. They simply regurgitate regressive dribble. Everything is always someone else's fault. Sickening.

Beamer, I wouldn't say conservatives/tea party-types were up in arms of the soda ordinance in NYC-mischaracterization. But, they did how asinine it was that Bloomberg feels people are incompetent to decide for themselves what size cola they wish to drink.

"Control your reproductive systems"? Are you speaking about the killing of unborn children? We can all agree pedophilia/sexual exploitation and predation is disgusting and reprehensible, but on the same hand the killing of an unborn is something that should be protected?

A person can be tried for double homicide if a pregnant woman is murdered. Isn't life worth protecting or has society become so deprived of humanity?

37. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 17:16 Mad Max RW

Draugr wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 17:09:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:43:
I find it funny when liberals mention the Koch brothers. They are like a drop of water in the ocean compared to the amount of money George Soros invests in left wing progressive groups such as Media Matters and SEIU. Then MSNBC gets all their "news" (marching orders) from Media Matters and the Obama administration.

I also find it funny when liberals in Texas bitch about Republicans. It must really suck living in a state with such low unemployment and no income taxes. If you're so miserable come up here to Connecticut. 30 years of liberal Democrat rule has rendered my state broke and all the businesses are leaving to...gasp...TEXAS.

Yet, nobody was arguing that one of these Soros backed group was grassroots movement, as some constantly try to do with the tea party so it's not really the same thing at all.

Liberals such as Nancy Pelosi and all of MSNBC were quick to claim Occupy Wall Street was a grass roots movement when they were funded by the likes of SEIU. There's your comparison. And judging by how much of a disaster that was I'd rather side with the Tea Party.

Most of the people on this site and similar video game websites where they discuss politics are really really really ignorant as to who is running what and where the money comes from and how much. It's also very telling that most of them are liberal college students, aka "low information voters".

36. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 17:09 Draugr

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:43:
I find it funny when liberals mention the Koch brothers. They are like a drop of water in the ocean compared to the amount of money George Soros invests in left wing progressive groups such as Media Matters and SEIU. Then MSNBC gets all their "news" (marching orders) from Media Matters and the Obama administration.

I also find it funny when liberals in Texas bitch about Republicans. It must really suck living in a state with such low unemployment and no income taxes. If you're so miserable come up here to Connecticut. 30 years of liberal Democrat rule has rendered my state broke and all the businesses are leaving to...gasp...TEXAS.

Yet, nobody was arguing that one of these Soros backed group was grassroots movement, as some constantly try to do with the tea party so it's not really the same thing at all.

35. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 16:53 Mad Max RW

The tea party movement is truly a grassroots movement, not a giant political machine like the Republican or Democratic parties.

Hahaha.

The Tea Party was grass roots, true. Then, as mentioned, it became the tool of billionaires looking to control us.

The sad thing is people think it's trying to do the opposite. The tea party gets people up in arms over controlling stupid shit, like how large a soda you can buy, while making its party members believe it's ok to control the shit that matters, like your reproductive system.

People (mainly the liberal media) conveniently forget the Tea Party was founded by a single woman in response to everyone's outrage over the 2008 bailout George W. Bush signed. If the kiddies had any sense at all they'd do a little research instead of happily eating up the lying bullshit and bigotry they hear on MSNBC and the Daily Show. You should be on your hands and knees kissing the Tea Party's ass for going against progressives in both parties who are spending the country into an EU-like oblivion.

34. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 16:48 Draugr

Hahaha.

Indeed so, we could claim that there were angry people complaining for a week and then those people were appropriated into what would become the tea party apparatus.

I mean when there is a cable network Sharing rally times and dates constantly, and then also proceed to do some sort of Emceeing for some of those events, it's hard case to make.

33. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 16:44 Beamer

Hahaha.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

32. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 16:43 Mad Max RW

31. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 16:38 Cutter

America doesn't require a Revolution it simply requires the fat, lazy masses get off their self-entitled asses and put a tiny bit of effort forth. Clearly that's too much for most of 'Murica, so this is what you get. You see what happens, Larry?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

30. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 16:31 Dirwulf

Hahaha.

29. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 16:20 Draugr

Hahaha.

28. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 14:29 scarlet

One thing good about Ted Cruz is that he made all these crooked financiers who bankrolled Tea Party funds squeamish and decked with serious case of buyers' remorse.

A majority are "worked up" over Obamacare. Even liberals have serious questions that are not being addressed by the biased media. Romney and the Republicans (wishy-washy, democrat lights) lost because they did not listen to the people. He did not differentiate himself from Obama. He was not a true conservative.

27. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 14:24 scarlet

Revolution is the answer when a large swelling of people get to the point they feel that is the only way to fix it and have nothing to lose...

The country is unmoored from Constitution. Electing different leaders will not solve the problem, because they cannot be trusted to change/repeal laws to limit their power. The framers provided a way out for us short of revolution, the people, to amend the Constitution if such a case like this prompted itself. They had the foresight.

We should try this before hastily rushing headlong into revolution or succession (unconstitutional).

26. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 14:22 JSP

One thing good about Ted Cruz is that he made all these crooked financiers who bankrolled Tea Party funds squeamish and decked with serious case of buyers' remorse.

Anyways, if they are so worked up about Obamacare, why don't they try to WIN an election the next time.

25. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 14:17 John

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 12:36:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:28:
Meanwhile Obama's approval is down to a record low of 37%, even lower than Bush's rating at this point in his presidency. When Bush finally reached it after 6 years the liberal dominated media celebrated. Now it's not even being reported by those same hypocrites.

Of course it isn't, too busy still blaming the majority controlled GOP congress for everything. The GOP created Obamacare too doncha know.

You have to remember, Obama is innocent in all this, I mean throwing temper tantrums and demanding the other side always give you everything you want, yet still call it "compromising" is so acceptable for someone who's President of the United States.

No all the worlds woes are because of the GOP, or Bush. The majority liberal media and all the brainwashed school children of the last 20 years say so.
Well said. They all just need to be let go.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." -Ronald Reagan

This space is available for rent

24. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 14:17 scarlet

That sounds nice, but how do we go about doing that? Unless all 50 states join together and say to the Feds "you guys are out of control, we're taking some of the power back," nothing's going to happen.

The states are closer to the people. If your state goes rogue like California, no offense to Cali, you can move. Many native Californians have left for other less oppressive states. But with the Fed seizing control from the states, ruling over them like overlords, there is NO recourse. The only way out is to leave the USA entirely. The founding fathers fought so bravely against just this kind of tyranny (King George and England). They feared it, which is why they gave states so much power than the Fed. But states' powers have been whittled away by many congresses, presidents, and Supreme Courts.

We don't need 100% of states to pass a new amendment to limit the Federal leviathan, only 2/3's majority to propose only 3/4's majority to pass. Not easy, but doable.

23. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 14:08 PropheT

Creston wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 10:30:
Please everybody, vote all these fucking incumbents out of office at the next election(s).

All that would serve to do is swap party control in 95%+ of the political areas where those people are up for election. It not only wouldn't fix anything, it would almost certainly make it worse.

22. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 13:56 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 13:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 12:54:
Good work, government. Really, just a job WELL FUCKING DONE. Vote yourselves another raise, you clearly deserve it.

Please everybody, vote all these fucking incumbents out of office at the next election(s).

We need one of those "I promise" campaigns. Because this has been said for easily 20 years now and everyone wants the other voter to vote their person out and not theirs, meaning nothing changes.

We have 35% left nuts and 35% right nuts. Even if they aren't happy at all, they can never cross the line and vote another way, so that fucks up the "Vote them all out", they aren't going to cross party lines. I've said, if you aren't getting cash from the parties there is no reason to marry one, so I end up being independany because imo it's the only sane choice, why pledge allegiance to a party that doesn't compensate me? Even though I have a preference, it isn't in blood by any stretch.

I'm thinking and they know it, voting out even if it worked, changes nothing. we'd just have a different mix of the same jack asses.

But if you vote THOSE jackasses out as well, eventually you'll get a few good guys. It's impossible to just get 100+ good guys in one go, nothing works that way. But eventually you'll wind up with some people that'll get things done.

As for everything else, shrug, voting for someone is about the only power you have, unless people genuinely believe that a revolution is the answer...

Revolution is the answer when a large swelling of people get to the point they feel that is the only way to fix it and have nothing to lose. Imo that is the case, it won't be fixed without one, but that doesn't mean I'm for one. I'm getting by well enough, I'd have too much to lose to risk one, but then again I'm a coward of sorts, sometimes no better than the next. You see I'm well enough... self centered, greed. But I wouldn't fault that swelling as being wrong if they ever did organize one. Sort of like Snowden, to me what he did was right, God bless, I would have been one of the cowards and just let the machine roll.

But when we vote in new ones, are they any better? At this point you have to assume not, because we have voted many different people in over the last several rounds. They lie through their teeth and smile singing the national anthem all the while supporting their party above the country. That is way the R word can fit in at any time. It's deserving in many ways.

21. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 13:44 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 12:54:
Good work, government. Really, just a job WELL FUCKING DONE. Vote yourselves another raise, you clearly deserve it.

We need one of those "I promise" campaigns. Because this has been said for easily 20 years now and everyone wants the other voter to vote their person out and not theirs, meaning nothing changes.

We have 35% left nuts and 35% right nuts. Even if they aren't happy at all, they can never cross the line and vote another way, so that fucks up the "Vote them all out", they aren't going to cross party lines. I've said, if you aren't getting cash from the parties there is no reason to marry one, so I end up being independany because imo it's the only sane choice, why pledge allegiance to a party that doesn't compensate me? Even though I have a preference, it isn't in blood by any stretch.

I'm thinking and they know it, voting out even if it worked, changes nothing. we'd just have a different mix of the same jack asses.

But if you vote THOSE jackasses out as well, eventually you'll get a few good guys. It's impossible to just get 100+ good guys in one go, nothing works that way. But eventually you'll wind up with some people that'll get things done.

As for everything else, shrug, voting for someone is about the only power you have, unless people genuinely believe that a revolution is the answer...

20. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 13:27 HorrorScope

scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 13:19:
I did, too. Alas, we still lost out to a babbling Tea Party chimp.

Pigeon, babbling? You're getting him confused with marbles-in-mouth Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, or our prez (Have you seen him without his trusty teleprompter? He makes George Bush look like a Rhodes scholar.). The ever-brilliant Cruz runs circles around them all mentally with his powerful oratory. Reid, Pelosi, and the prez have the combined brainpower of a newt.

Or just be fair, they are all megalomaniac nut jobs. From the first one to the last one. Thinking this way is way more accurate than picking a side. We are living a f'in horror movie.

879 Replies. 44 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo