Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
879 Replies. 44 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

99. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 08:49 Prez

I also find it hilarious that the folks on the left who always argue the liberal view in these threads on BN always claim they're not liberal, you do it, beamer does it, you're both full of shit and it's obvious.

Still with the labels? Why not argue the point itself made by the individual, not the "typical liberal" or "typical conservative" point that he or she may not have even made? People can come to similar viewpoints by way of vastly different thought processes. We really need to get past the labels and other means by which we try to discredit a person before even hearing and understanding what they are saying. Otherwise what is the point of these threads at all?

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2013, 08:54.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

98. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 08:22 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 07:27:
Quboid wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 21:12:

By the way, you realise why the media appears to be heavily liberal? It's because you're on the far right. That's just common sense, if we reduce political views to a left-right axis and if everything you see is to your left, guess where you are?

Maybe you realise this and are fine with that, which is your prerogative. Just remember if everything's to your left, you're at the extreme.

Or maybe you imagine that the leftist media don't represent Americans. Because that's how you stay in business. How can the media be so left wing when Fox News brags about being the most viewed news network? Is Fox News to your left and if so, are you really comfortable with that?

Indeed, it's why the weirdos like rollinneocon obsess about 'liberal' media meanwhile I hold pretty open but centrist right ideals and I don't find the media particularly cumbersome. I actually make up my mind based on context instead of attacking it from a political view point, holy shit what a concept!

Really I think we can do without the namecalling. I realize it's hard for you folks to not attack something you don't really understand but make an effort at least.

I also find it hilarious that the folks on the left who always argue the liberal view in these threads on BN always claim they're not liberal, you do it, beamer does it, you're both full of shit and it's obvious.

97. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 08:10 InBlack

My God. The wool is thick over the eyes. For some reason most every 'conservative' in the US believes that the EU is somehow the demon of liberalization and is overspending (which they should be seriously consider doing). What kind of crazy spin is this? In this day and age when so much information is freely available pretty much everywhere. Read up people. Most of Europe is hurting and hurting BADLY, because of terribad austerity measuers. Austerity. Look it up in the dictionary.

People have lost perspective. Money is not the be all end all. It should be a tool that powers a vigorous economy, instead it has become an end in and of itself.

Switzerland has just voted in a new law that would stipend every single citizen with a monthly wage, whether they work or not. They are also considering voting in a measure that would limit the maximum wage a person can recieve as 6x the minimum wage.

This is one of THE most conservative countries in Europe, and is not part of the European Union. It is also one of the richest countries on the planet. They are spreading the wealth around, and somehow the world has not ended...

I have a nifty blue line!

96. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 07:27 Redmask

By the way, you realise why the media appears to be heavily liberal? It's because you're on the far right. That's just common sense, if we reduce political views to a left-right axis and if everything you see is to your left, guess where you are?

Maybe you realise this and are fine with that, which is your prerogative. Just remember if everything's to your left, you're at the extreme.

Or maybe you imagine that the leftist media don't represent Americans. Because that's how you stay in business. How can the media be so left wing when Fox News brags about being the most viewed news network? Is Fox News to your left and if so, are you really comfortable with that?

Indeed, it's why the weirdos like rollinneocon obsess about 'liberal' media meanwhile I hold pretty open but centrist right ideals and I don't find the media particularly cumbersome. I actually make up my mind based on context instead of attacking it from a political view point, holy shit what a concept!

95. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 03:55 jdreyer

scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 20:53:
The media in the States is heavily liberal by all accounts.

I know that teh chartz iz hardz to reed but the "liberal media" is a complete and utter lie. Talk shows routinely book conservative guests 2 to 1 to liberal ones. They cover conservative causes more often, cover conservative politicians more often. Etc. etc.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

94. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 15, 2013, 00:02 HorrorScope

scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 22:49:
Do you we really want the gov't involved with our healthcare

Almost every other developed country in the world has the gov't control it and every citizen has it. In the US we pay many times more for said medication and procedures, since we aren't regulated well on that end.

You act as if today's healthcare is efficient and cheap.

Id' be ok with tweaking what we have in another way. A way for people to have coverage around $200 per month per person with total coverage for procedures and a small office visit charges and prescription charges, zero deductibles and no max and pre-existing is covered.

93. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 23:59 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 20:26:
I'm a little surprised to see Blue link to such a politically charged topic as "Obamacare", but hey, it's his site.

I have deliberately remained mostly ignorant on the ACA so I could see for myself what it entailed instead of having someone else explain their version of the truth of it to me. Honestly, from what I've seen so far my reaction is one of "THIS is what the fuss is all about?" I assumed when the talking heads were calling it socialized medicine that it would mean free health care for those without jobs wholly subsidized by those of us with jobs. Instead it sounds like just any other plan from any other insurance company only with the Federal Government as the administrator. "But Prez, it's forcing companies to provide its full-time employees with healthcare!" To which I say, "And...? That's a bad thing how exactly?" Uninsured people are one of the things that drives the cost of healthcare for everyone - imagine if there were fewer uninsured people!

You can say that the government mandating things to corporations is anti-capitalist and that may be so, but before government regulation of corporations started factory workers who died at their machines from being over-worked and under- nourished were simply pushed out of the way to make room for a live worker to work the machine. Ah the good ole early 1900's, dontcha miss 'em? Corporations have repeatedly shown that often the only way they will do the right thing is if they are made to. So while I am pro-Capitalist in the general sense, the need for government mandates and regulation is obvious to me. Enron and Worldcom anyone?

Yep. We are sold a lot of Gov't is bad, without it the working man would be fucked. The Bill of Rights is thee document that makes everything else possible.

92. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 23:54 RollinThundr

swedishfriend wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 20:38:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:28:
Necrophob wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:08:
Creston wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 10:30:
Good work, government. Really, just a job WELL FUCKING DONE. Vote yourselves another raise, you clearly deserve it.

Please everybody, vote all these fucking incumbents out of office at the next election(s).

I wish it was so easy, but remember, the only idiot you have the power to vote out is YOUR idiot You have no control over all of the other idiots in the House, and their districts are usually so gerrymandered that they have no fear of losing. I saw a statistic on The Daily Show the other day that mentioned that there is a 91% incumbency rate in the House. An MSNBC article mentions that Congressional approval is down to 5%...

Meanwhile Obama's approval is down to a record low of 37%, even lower than Bush's rating at this point in his presidency. When Bush finally reached it after 6 years the liberal dominated media celebrated. Now it's not even being reported by those same hypocrites.

Most polls put Obama's approval around 50%. Maybe that is why the lower number isn't reported? What media is liberal? Even public TV and radio leans right for years now. Are you talking about media in other countries? About 25% of the American public are completely sold on the propaganda and keeps repeating it in the face of all evidence while the rest of the world scratches their heads.

NBC/MSNBC Liberal, ABC Liberal, CBS Liberal, CNN mostly liberal. The US has a single conservative news channel and liberals hate it because it challenges their narrow twisted world view.

91. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 23:47 RollinThundr

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:53:
Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:44:
Dirwulf wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:31:
Draugr wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:20:
scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:29:
The tea party movement is truly a grassroots movement, not a giant political machine like the Republican or Democratic parties.

Hahaha.

I guess he's never heard of the Koch brothers.
The Tea Party was grass roots, true. Then, as mentioned, it became the tool of billionaires looking to control us.

The sad thing is people think it's trying to do the opposite. The tea party gets people up in arms over controlling stupid shit, like how large a soda you can buy, while making its party members believe it's ok to control the shit that matters, like your reproductive system.

Look over there, a three headed monkey!

People (mainly the liberal media) conveniently forget the Tea Party was founded by a single woman in response to everyone's outrage over the 2008 bailout George W. Bush signed. If the kiddies had any sense at all they'd do a little research instead of happily eating up the lying bullshit and bigotry they hear on MSNBC and the Daily Show. You should be on your hands and knees kissing the Tea Party's ass for going against progressives in both parties who are spending the country into an EU-like oblivion.

Binfuckinggo.

90. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 23:22 kabloie

Ohh, look out, I am not following scarlet's instructions!

Pray what barbs? Oh, and pray, what logic? Do you guys even read each other's nasty and loathsome comments? I couldn't possibly top your gentle persuasions.

There have been plenty of rebuttals of your silly ideas, just scroll up. I am busy doing dishes (it's a liberal thing!). But, if you wish to trade in some spirited discussion, please proceed. I shall wait presently for your questions!

89. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 23:16 Mad Max RW

He must be channeling the inner "violent Tea Party rhetoric" he hears so much about.  

88. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 23:04 scarlet

Nice... so the barbs come out. When logic is not on one's side, resort to the profane and ad hominem attacks. How dare anyone disagree with the mighty kabloie, master of the Blues News realm without even a single mention on the substance of the poster's argument.

Please, kabloie, do not trouble yourself with a rebuttal. You've said more than enough already.

87. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 22:54 kabloie

Holy fuck, the story was about a website that doesn't work well. On Ars. There are more comments here than at Ars.

Of course you are one of those naive children who believes all corporations and businesses somehow run everything and are evil. Wealth is evil, right? That's a distraction invented by failures. The truth is you are a failure. Every sad liberal can't handle the fact they never accomplished anything so they invent conspiracies to justify "wealth redistribution" which will only make things worse for everybody. You were wrongly taught everyone has a right to an equal portion despite how lazy they are and it makes you crazy. It may help liberals sleep at night, but at the end of the day you are the one to blame. But keep blaming the Tea Party, corporations, racism, banks, Jews, whatever. It's all the same noise from an impotent and shrinking minority of losers.

If you believe wealth distribution is such an issue and taxes isn't doing enough to help the little guy then how much of your income do you give to charity each year?

Did you sign up for Obamacare yet?

Your wackadoodle bullshit is enough, and violating Blues Forum Rule #1. Enjoy your blanket hate for anything you can possibly identify as "liberal"; you're obviously pig happy swimming in it. You've got a classic case of interwebs keyboard rage. C'mon man bring on the CAPS!

How many of your family have disowned you because they can't take your screeds at Christmas time? Or did you even notice they've been avoiding you, and your reality distortion field?

86. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 22:49 scarlet

Do you we really want the gov't involved with our healthcare tracking every minute aspect health with no detail too personal? Do we really want the added waste and fraud? What about the costs? We are learning the economic costs are much high than previously put forward, shocking I know? Why have the gov't involved at all with all the waste, fraud, and bureaucracy that comes along with it?

How quaint to carry the media's water and demonize businesses without any regard for the negative ramifications rather than working with them for free-market solutions that do not involve the gov't.

Most who had private healthcare privately were happy with it. Now, they are being told they cannot keep their doctors and that costs will double or triple. What about those? No regards? How about those religious institutions who are being forced to pay for contraception coverage when it goes against their religious beliefs? Why should they be forced to take the brunt of punishment from a bloated bureaucracy's policies?

Again, who will oversee the gov't? Why is the government so righteous?

"Good ole early 1900s"? Is this the early 1900s? The media gets in a tizzy at the mere hint of any questionable manufacturing practices of companies like Apple or Nike overseas . The public outcry over poor working conditions or policies would not last a second with the hyper-sensitive media we have today.

Many flaws with this rationale and much oversimplification. To hell with this anemic economy right and to hell with those who disagree, right?

85. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 22:32 cappy

nin wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 22:28:
cappy wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 22:05:
I'm a little surprised to see Blue link to such a politically charged topic as "Obamacare", but hey, it's his site.

I have deliberately remained mostly ignorant on the ACA so I could see for myself what it entailed instead of having someone else explain their version of the truth of it to me. Honestly, from what I've seen so far my reaction is one of "THIS is what the fuss is all about?" I assumed when the talking heads were calling it socialized medicine that it would mean free health care for those without jobs wholly subsidized by those of us with jobs. Instead it sounds like just any other plan from any other insurance company only with the Federal Government as the administrator. "But Prez, it's forcing companies to provide its full-time employees with healthcare!" To which I say, "And...? That's a bad thing how exactly?" Uninsured people are one of the things that drives the cost of healthcare for everyone - imagine if there were fewer uninsured people!

You can say that the government mandating things to corporations is anti-capitalist and that may be so, but before government regulation of corporations started factory workers who died at their machines from being over-worked and under- nourished were simply pushed out of the way to make room for a live worker to work the machine. Ah the good ole early 1900's, dontcha miss 'em? Corporations have repeatedly shown that often the only way they will do the right thing is if they are made to. So while I am pro-Capitalist in the general sense, the need for government mandates and regulation is obvious to me. Enron and Worldcom anyone?

+1

Thanks for the rational, well-thought-out taking-a-step-away-from-hyperbole post. The whole healthcare issue has seen too little of that, unfortunately. So many people have grown hysterical over it. So a calm read is greatly refreshing!

Agreed. Think Prez is one of, if not the most level headed folks here.

Yeah, he always explains his positions and is willing to consider others who do the same. I've always appreciated that, since it isn't the norm in discussions on many topics

84. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 22:28 nin

cappy wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 22:05:

+1

Thanks for the rational, well-thought-out taking-a-step-away-from-hyperbole post. The whole healthcare issue has seen too little of that, unfortunately. So many people have grown hysterical over it. So a calm read is greatly refreshing!

Agreed. Think Prez is one of, if not the most level headed folks here.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

83. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 22:24 cappy

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:28:

Meanwhile Obama's approval is down to a record low of 37%, even lower than Bush's rating at this point in his presidency. When Bush finally reached it after 6 years the liberal dominated media celebrated. Now it's not even being reported by those same hypocrites.

With all the back-and-forth on the polls, here's what they are:

* Associated Press released a 37% approval result last week, which was seized upon by various politicians, pundits, and outlets because it showed such a precipitous drop from previous polls.

* RealClearPolitics' compilation of polls shows it as an outlier, well below FoxNews, Rasmussen, Reuters, Gallup, etc.

* Gallup has Obama's most recent daily approval rating at 41%.

* Gallup also helpfully allows users to overlay prior Presidents' approval ratings to compare them.

* At this point, 1727 days in office, Obama's approval was 42% for the week average. Bush's was 39% for the same time period. The past 500 days in office track very closely between Obama and Bush, just as Obama's first 670 days in office tracked closely to Reagan's - before Reagan (like Clinton) saw increasing popularity that extended into his second term.

It's relevant to note that while individual poll results may cheer or depress people - depending upon their point-of-view of whoever or whatever is being polled - polls can be outliers, even ones with good methodology and track records. Given the way aberrant polls have been seized upon by opposition in the past two re-election bids (2004 and 2012) a little grain of salt is probably warranted when a poll diverges too much from all others.

In any event, Obama isn't running for re-election. I would say that the polling results for Congress are more interesting. And even then, their relevance is likely to be considerably dampened a year from now in mid-terms.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2013, 22:31.

82. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 22:05 cappy

+1

81. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 21:40 scarlet

The right thing? Who is the arbiter of "the right thing"?

Who is going to limit the gov't? The gov't puts policies in place the hurt the common man and the economy night and day. By allowing the gov't to rule over us like overloads deciding what's best for us? Who's going to check the govt's power? If you say the people who vote them into office, I'll tell you it's a massive failure.

Their main concern is increasing their own power. They have nothing but disdain for us little people. Why do you hold the gov't in such high regard? Who's going to make the gov't "play by the rules"? They will never limit their own power and both dems and republicans are equally guilty.

You only have to watch MSBNC or listen to NPR for mere minutes to realize their left-wing bias. You know how I know, virtually no conservative voices. On Fox, you at least hear some conservative voices (mind you, most of the voices are moderate ones at that. Hannity and maybe a couple others are true conservatives, but the other networks have zero true conservatives, and Hannity and the others on Fox don't pretend to be unbiased like the commentators on the other networks.). Maybe a token conservative here or there on the other networks and the token is usually a weak RINO like Joe Scarborough.

It's as Mad Max states, they self-indentify as liberals, so don't take our words for it.

80. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 21:16 Beamer

Corporations have repeatedly shown that often the only way they will do the right thing is if they are made to. So while I am pro-Capitalist in the general sense, the need for government mandates and regulation is obvious to me. Enron and Worldcom anyone?

This.
Because it is survival for them. If one corporation does something good for the corporation but bad for the economy, then they have an advantage. Other corporations either follow suit, or compete disadvantaged, so they follow suit.

Either everyone has rules to play by, or anyone restricting themselves to more confined rules will fail.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

879 Replies. 44 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo