Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
879 Replies. 44 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

819. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 09:19 RollinThundr

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 09:06:
Haha. After the revelation of only signing up 6 people on launch day they finally do something that makes sense.

Obamacare marketing push on hold

Do you think my state will stop flooding the tv with annoying Obamacare commercials? You only get one chance at a first impression and they blew it big time. People are not going to return in the numbers needed to save this monster.

The liberals are TOAST in 2014 now that millions are losing policies and being forced to spend more for extra coverage they don't need, simply because Obama thinks everyone must have drug addiction counseling, gender reassignment and maternity coverage, even 60 year old men.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

818. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 09:06 Mad Max RW

Haha. After the revelation of only signing up 6 people on launch day they finally do something that makes sense.

Obamacare marketing push on hold

Do you think my state will stop flooding the tv with annoying Obamacare commercials? You only get one chance at a first impression and they blew it big time. People are not going to return in the numbers needed to save this monster.

817. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 08:51 RollinThundr

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 08:46:
RollinThundr wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 08:39:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 23:55:
More Liberal class warfare bullshit that is flat out false

Just stop, stop talking about the economy because you know zero about how it works, it's obvious, you're not fooling a single person aside from maybe Seph.

"High individual tax rate over a certain threshold encourages more jobs within those businesses" False as false can be, stop, really.

All you're doing is using liberal talking points that you don't even understand. Please for your own sake, it's embarrassing.

And until you start contributing to charity with all the bling you claim to be making, shut the fuck up about the poor with their 100 dollar nikes, PS3's and 200+ dollar smart phones. The welfare queens have it better than the working stiffs at this point.

I'm curious because those are the exact talking points Obama used in the last few speeches he made this week. It's almost as if he can't think on his own without the president telling him what to say.

It's his automatic go to anytime economy comes up, right to class warfare liberal talking points that are devoid of any truth. Due to the warped thinking of their ideology, the standards of how math actually work don't make the transition along with the twisted thinking. It's why liberals always fail when talking economics.

816. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 08:46 Mad Max RW

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 08:39:

Just stop, stop talking about the economy because you know zero about how it works, it's obvious, you're not fooling a single person aside from maybe Seph.

"High individual tax rate over a certain threshold encourages more jobs within those businesses" False as false can be, stop, really.

All you're doing is using liberal talking points that you don't even understand. Please for your own sake, it's embarrassing.

And until you start contributing to charity with all the bling you claim to be making, shut the fuck up about the poor with their 100 dollar nikes, PS3's and 200+ dollar smart phones. The welfare queens have it better than the working stiffs at this point.

I'm curious because those are the exact talking points Obama used in the last few speeches he made this week. It's almost as if he can't think on his own without the president telling him what to say.

815. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 08:39 RollinThundr

814. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 08:33 Mad Max RW

I said it was a comedy act earlier...

'SNL' Obamacare website parody not far from truth

Historically liberal SNL of the extremely liberal NBC is nailing this mess. It's too bad they wait until the end of Obama's presidency to start calling him out on his bullshit.

813. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 08:25 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 00:31:
Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 22:59:
Research Log: Oct 31, 2013 15:46
Subject was observed flinging his own poo again.

LOL! Okay, I know it is a bit troll-ish, but it IS pretty funny.
Yeah, I know, but given that RT is beyond any reasoning, I was just salvaging some entertainment from this thing

Says the guy that literary said Obamacare is an improvement, costs more, people losing their coverage, no one except liberals want it. Yep that's some improvement.

You don't deal in reality, course being a liberal that's par for the course.

812. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 07:45 Mad Max RW

Sepharo wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 07:39:

He did clarify that he was talking about federal taxes not state and personal taxes not business. Also he wasn't talking about the conditions of the poor but the wealth inequality from top to bottom.

Which is typical Obama liberal propaganda and is meaningless. It's just talking points and no real substance. Buzzwords.

811. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 07:39 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 07:19:
And damn, we're pretty much back where The Jungle was in terms of gap.

No, not even close. Today's poor ghettos are NOTHING like what life was like back then. The crime is still shit (although nowhere near as bad), but they actually have electricity, clean water, sanitation. Hell, we live in a country where the poor own Playstations and cell phones. It's practically impossible to starve to death. Our poor are like the middle class for most of the world. But keep on exaggerating reality to justify reaching for that liberal utopia you will never see.

As for avoiding taxes, businesses are doing it right now. California is a great example. Businesses that haven't given up already are moving to Texas because they are getting strangled at home. Corporations like GM continue moving their operations to China. Remember Jeffrey Immelt? No, I'm sure you don't.

If you are so upset about the "wealth disparity" maybe you should donate some of your vast wealth you claimed to have. What about those 14 combined poor guys you claim to make more than? Be charitable or shut up. Do you even know any poor people? Have you ever spent 1 hour of your life in a soup kitchen? Have you ever donated to a food bank? Do you do anything unlike the typical liberal talking about the poor without acting?

He did clarify that he was talking about federal taxes not state and personal taxes not business. Also he wasn't talking about the conditions of the poor but the wealth inequality from top to bottom.

810. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 07:19 Mad Max RW

And damn, we're pretty much back where The Jungle was in terms of gap.

No, not even close. Today's poor ghettos are NOTHING like what life was like back then. The crime is still shit (although nowhere near as bad), but they actually have electricity, clean water, sanitation. Hell, we live in a country where the poor own Playstations and cell phones. It's practically impossible to starve to death. Our poor are like the middle class for most of the world. But keep on exaggerating reality to justify reaching for that liberal utopia you will never see.

As for avoiding taxes, businesses are doing it right now. California is a great example. Businesses that haven't given up already are moving to Texas because they are getting strangled at home. Corporations like GM continue moving their operations to China. Remember Jeffrey Immelt? No, I'm sure you don't.

If you are so upset about the "wealth disparity" maybe you should donate some of your vast wealth you claimed to have. What about those 14 combined poor guys you claim to make more than? Be charitable or shut up. Do you even know any poor people? Have you ever spent 1 hour of your life in a soup kitchen? Have you ever donated to a food bank? Do you do anything unlike the typical liberal talking about the poor without acting?

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2013, 07:32.

809. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 00:31 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, I know, but given that RT is beyond any reasoning, I was just salvaging some entertainment from this thing

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

808. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 23:55 Beamer

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 17:34:
First of all, are you dreaming? Where has higher taxes, during a recession, encouraged businesses to do anything other than close up and move to another state or country? That's what we're talking about. And that's precisely what is happening here in liberal Connecticut. Higher taxes when the economy is still shit only makes it worse for everybody. Taxes are raised when the economy is doing well. When industry is booming. Especially post-WW2 industry when there was the US and nobody else. Those are the periods you are referencing but don't even realize it because you either don't know or deliberately ignore facts.

Also, if the $17 trillion debt doesn't matter then neither should taxes. How about eliminating all tax, ignore the debt, and let the fed continue printing trillions and spending it on more bullshit. Yeah, that never worked before but somehow OBAMA.

Businesses can't move to another state to avoid federal taxation.
Businesses won't move to another country. Does John P. CEO want to relocate his family to China or Ireland? No. He wants to relocate his jobs there, but not himself.

Regardless, I am not proposing corporate taxation. In fact, I'd advocate the lowest corporate tax rate possible, perhaps even 0%. You'll still get that money when it passes through to employees. Low corporate taxation encourages more business here. High individual tax rate over a certain threshold encourages more jobs within those businesses.
Sad that you're confusing personal and individual taxation.

Furthermore, our economy follows not taxation but rather disparity of wealth. We did best when the poorer were moving towards the wealthier. We've done worse when that has reversed. And damn, we're pretty much back where The Jungle was in terms of gap.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

807. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 23:12 RollinThundr

I think he was talking about himself in regards to making any logical sense in regards to how much better obamacare has made it for everyone.

806. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 22:59 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

805. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 21:30 RollinThundr

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 21:22:
Devastating

Obamacare enrollments got off to very slow start, documents show -CBS News

Nationwide Obamacare enrollment:
6 people on the first day
248 by Wednesday
Health care exchanges need to average 39,000 enrollees a day to meet the goal of seven million by March 1

Sebelius claimed yesterday "official" enrollment numbers are coming out in mid November. That's a couple weeks away. Who honestly thinks they will be on track for 7 million?

No chance in hell, how does Sebelius even still have a job?

804. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 21:22 Mad Max RW

Devastating

Obamacare enrollments got off to very slow start, documents show -CBS News

Nationwide Obamacare enrollment:
6 people on the first day
248 by Wednesday
Health care exchanges need to average 39,000 enrollees a day to meet the goal of seven million by March 1

Sebelius claimed yesterday "official" enrollment numbers are coming out in mid November. That's a couple weeks away. Who honestly thinks they will be on track for 7 million?

803. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 18:48 RollinThundr

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 18:41:
More from the comedy act that is Obamacare:

Top Hospitals Opt Out of Obamacare

Idiotic disconnected Whitehouse twitter pic LIE "No insurance company will ever be able to deny you coverage or drop you as a customer altogether. THOSE DAYS ARE OVER."

Vermont exchange train wreck - $170 million and NOT ONE PERSON ENROLLED

And a bonus laugh:

Medicare paid millions to dead patients, illegal immigrants, probe finds

Shameful, just../facepalm inducing

802. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 18:41 Mad Max RW

More from the comedy act that is Obamacare:

Top Hospitals Opt Out of Obamacare

Idiotic disconnected Whitehouse twitter pic LIE "No insurance company will ever be able to deny you coverage or drop you as a customer altogether. THOSE DAYS ARE OVER."

Vermont exchange train wreck - $170 million and NOT ONE PERSON ENROLLED

And a bonus laugh:

Medicare paid millions to dead patients, illegal immigrants, probe finds

801. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 18:27 RollinThundr

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 18:19:

What's ironic is their biggest liberal idol, JFK, was a huge advocate for tax cuts. Revisionists ignore this fact. In the early 60s we were facing a similar recession, JFK proposed tax cuts (which didn't go into effect until after his death), and it turned the economy around.

Exactly, shame that LBJ had him killed. Like Nixon once said, Lyndon never wanted to be #2.

800. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2013, 18:19 Mad Max RW

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 18:10:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 17:34:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 17:08:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 17:02:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:59:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:55:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:50:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:40:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:35:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 16:13:
Shhhh. Don't tell Beamer the feds collected a record $2.77 trillion in tax revenue this year.

Do you understand how that's a meaningless data point?
1) What is it if you adjust for inflation? Here's a hint: it's on par with 12 years ago
2) What is it as a portion of the total US income?

Throwing out a number in a vacuum and comparing it to past years is utterly ridiculous

Read and dismiss the facts yourself.

Revenue jumped 15.2 percent to $301.4 billion in September from a year earlier, bringing the annual figure to $2.77 trillion, today’s report showed. Spending increased 21.5 percent to $226.4 billion last month, contributing to a 12-month total of $3.45 trillion, it showed.

What from that link had anything to do with anything?
You posted a meaningless data point. We took in more taxes. But we made more money. Doesn't that make sense?

Conveniently left out the we spent more part too.

That isn't what we were discussing, is it?

Of course not, how could spending ever have an effect on the economy, silly me, I forgot, liberal logic.

Honestly, I may have missed why he brought it up, I didn't see any mention of spending prior.

But, as I keep saying, my interest in taxes isn't in allowing our government to spend more, it's in encouraging our super wealthy to pay their employees more. Therefore I want taxes higher. I do not want the government spending all those taxes stupidly, I just do not want the wealthy having incentive to cut jobs and send them overseas. Spending is an entirely different discussion. As it always should be - when discussing problems, discussing each variable separately makes more sense than discussing them together, because they aren't necessarily related. We can tax as much as we want, or we can spend as much as we want, those aren't inherently tied together.

You always think I want the government spending tons and tons of money. I don't really care. I don't think that has a big impact on our economy. People spending money has a big impact. I've asked you, in the past, to explain how a government deficit impacts our economy. You've repeatedly said something like "use your head!" but never answered.
Pretend I'm a 5 year old and tell me why a deficit is holding our economy back. I'll do the same and explain to you why our rapidly rising wealth inequality (on par with most African warlords, truthfully) is totally flushing us.

So I had thought he brought it up as an example that our taxes are already quite high. In reality, they're about as low as they've been in over 100 years.

First of all, are you dreaming? Where has higher taxes, during a recession, encouraged businesses to do anything other than close up and move to another state or country? That's what we're talking about. And that's precisely what is happening here in liberal Connecticut. Higher taxes when the economy is still shit only makes it worse for everybody. Taxes are raised when the economy is doing well. When industry is booming. Especially post-WW2 industry when there was the US and nobody else. Those are the periods you are referencing but don't even realize it because you either don't know or deliberately ignore facts.

Also, if the $17 trillion debt doesn't matter then neither should taxes. How about eliminating all tax, ignore the debt, and let the fed continue printing trillions and spending it on more bullshit. Yeah, that never worked before but somehow OBAMA.

Almost makes one want to say Learn 2 Economics. This is why anytime we have liberals in office the economy eventually tanks, Carter, Clinton, Obama. What do they all have in common? Fucking up the economy, or taking a fucked up economy due to previous liberal choices and making it worse, in Obama's case, Clinton eliminating the Glass Steagall act and forcing banks to loan to people beyond their means eventually caused the bubble to burst, like simple economics would tell you it would.

What's ironic is their biggest liberal idol, JFK, was a huge advocate for tax cuts. Revisionists ignore this fact. In the early 60s we were facing a similar recession, JFK proposed tax cuts (which didn't go into effect until after his death), and it turned the economy around.

879 Replies. 44 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo