Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
879 Replies. 44 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

619. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 11:57 RollinThundr

nin wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 11:03:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:55:
You do little to no thinking of your own, so you're actually incapable of doing the research needed to understand an issue. You just regurgitate crap from others that you don't even understand yourself. You're so ridiculously simple that we all missed it for quite a while, even as you were doing your best to illustrate it for us. It was just hard to believe you're actually that dumb.

It's a shame I can't get that to fit in my sig...

It's also a shame that you're a bigger troll than those you accuse. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

618. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 11:55 RollinThundr

I thought you said it was something the President said. Now it's Biden? Maybe you need to provide an actual statement with actual context. I have 0 confidence in your ability to do that.

I think Beamer is right. You do little to no thinking of your own, so you're actually incapable of doing the research needed to understand an issue. You just regurgitate crap from others that you don't even understand yourself. You're so ridiculously simple that we all missed it for quite a while, even as you were doing your best to illustrate it for us. It was just hard to believe you're actually that dumb.

OMFG did you watch the press conference with both of them or are you just trolling for effect at this point? holy fucking retarded liberal batman.

617. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 11:22 Beamer

nin wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 11:03:
You do little to no thinking of your own, so you're actually incapable of doing the research needed to understand an issue. You just regurgitate crap from others that you don't even understand yourself. You're so ridiculously simple that we all missed it for quite a while, even as you were doing your best to illustrate it for us. It was just hard to believe you're actually that dumb.

Hey, Wowbagger, can you quote my entire post?
I think he'd like to see my dismantling, but also think I'm ignored.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

616. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 11:03 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

615. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:56 Prez

As far as the Second Amendment, guns rights advocates have long been operating under the erroneous assumption that "shall not be infringed" means "no law of any kind can be passed with any restriction whatsoever involving any kind of firearms". So should we all be allowed to have our own M1 Abrahams or Stinger missiles then?

It is the job of the Congress to pass laws and one major purpose of legislation is to keep the populace safe. The President has Constitutionally-granted "Presidential Power" that has come to be known as the "Executive Order"****. Presidents have been using it since Washington. These laws and orders are reviewable by the Supreme Court to see if they pass Constitutionality. The Supreme Court has in the past rendered decisions clarifying and enforcing the 2nd Amendment as is their obligation The Washington DC handgun ban they shot down comes to mind); it stands to reason that if a law or Order is passed that doesn't pass Constituional muster they will again act. This is how the system is supposed to work and how it has worked throughout history. Bottom line - all gun laws are not inherently unConstitutional despite what the gun nuts say. And I say that as an owner of several firearms myself.

**** From Wikipedia Aricle on "Executive Orders" : Although there is no constitutional provision nor statute that explicitly permits executive orders, there is a vague grant of "executive power" given in Article II, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Constitution, and furthered by the declaration "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed" made in Article II, Section 3, Clause 5. Most executive orders use these Constitutional reasonings as the authorization allowing for their issuance to be justified as part of the President's sworn duties,[2] the intent being to help direct officers of the U.S. Executive carry out their delegated duties as well as the normal operations of the federal government: the consequence of failing to comply possibly being the removal from office.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

614. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:55 Wowbagger_TIP

I thought you said it was something the President said. Now it's Biden? Maybe you need to provide an actual statement with actual context. I have 0 confidence in your ability to do that.

I think Beamer is right. You do little to no thinking of your own, so you're actually incapable of doing the research needed to understand an issue. You just regurgitate crap from others that you don't even understand yourself. You're so ridiculously simple that we all missed it for quite a while, even as you were doing your best to illustrate it for us. It was just hard to believe you're actually that dumb.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

613. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:44 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:36:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:18:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:16:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 09:24:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 09:16:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 08:28:
Beamer wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 02:54:
bullshit

Those aren't the EO's I, or the article are referring to, you know it, I know it.
Those are the 23 post-Sandy-Hook EAs that both you and Rand Paul were referring to. I doubt you'll defend your claims, since Mr. Paul didn't defend his claim either, so you have nothing to copy-paste.

That you're incapable of reading between the lines with this president speaks volumes to begin with. It's so obvious to anyone who doesn't hate this country or doesn't have the government knows best mentality what's actually going on.

Ahh, so it's the things that the President didn't say he was going to do that are unconstitutional. Got it.

You are so full of fail

Obama's words "some of this I can do via EO" He said it not me, or are we going to pretend that didn't happen? Much like you're pretending Obamacare hasn't been full of fail so far.
Pretend what didn't happen? Has he said he was going to do something unconstitutional? What exactly would that be?

You know, the press conference, with Joe "I haz shotgun" Biden where they exploited those little children to push an agenda? Oh wait I forgot you're only critical of republican politicians, my mistake.

612. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:39 Prez

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 09:17:
Prez wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 09:00:
Report: W.H. knew plans would be canceled under ACA USA TODAY
Up to 75% of those with individual insurance will have policies cancelled, experts say.

RUH ROH!!!

If this was a story on Fox News, I wouldn't even give it a second glance. But when it is on USAToday reported by NBC, it's at least worth reading to see what it's about.

This is basically the same story Seph linked a few posts back. I think he summed it up well enough. Hell, I have to sign up for what is essentially a new plan every year because the insurance company changes the plans they offer every year.

Fair enough. I actually missed some of this thread since it got so long. So far my health insurance remains unaffected though my company has announced some minor changes will be announced soon in order to comply with the ACA. I'm starting to wonder if the plans that could not be made to comply with the ACA were by fly-by-night insurance companies.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

611. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:36 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:18:
bullshit

Those aren't the EO's I, or the article are referring to, you know it, I know it.
Those are the 23 post-Sandy-Hook EAs that both you and Rand Paul were referring to. I doubt you'll defend your claims, since Mr. Paul didn't defend his claim either, so you have nothing to copy-paste.

That you're incapable of reading between the lines with this president speaks volumes to begin with. It's so obvious to anyone who doesn't hate this country or doesn't have the government knows best mentality what's actually going on.

Ahh, so it's the things that the President didn't say he was going to do that are unconstitutional. Got it.

You are so full of fail

Obama's words "some of this I can do via EO" He said it not me, or are we going to pretend that didn't happen? Much like you're pretending Obamacare hasn't been full of fail so far.
Pretend what didn't happen? Has he said he was going to do something unconstitutional? What exactly would that be?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

610. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:32 Beamer

bullshit

Ladies and Gentlemen, we can close this thread. This asshole officially has no clue what he's talking about, and when called on it, he doesn't even admit it, he just says "you can't read between the lines!"

And RollinThundr, you ARE an asshole for this now. I don't think you can deny it. Let's run through this again:

1) You call almost all 23 Executive Orders on guns unconstitutional
2) People ask you which ones you mean
3) You get angry and tell them to look it up
4) People can't find it, ask you what you mean
5) You post some shitty, lying YouTube videos
6) People get confused and ask you about the Executive Orders
7) You never, ever fucking answer, BECAUSE YOU NEVER FUCKING KNOW WHAT YOU TALK ABOUT
8) I finally jump into this discussion, and point out that you're an idiot and they weren't Executive Orders (which aren't even fucking laws you fucking idiot) but Executive Actions (which are NOTHING)
9) I also link to them
10) You say "whatever, they're the same thing" (they aren't)
11) You never, ever fucking say anything about them. You call us idiots for not calling them unconstitutional. You say "I'M USING FACTS" despite never, ever even using one. "They're Unconstitutional" is an unsubstantiated claim, not a fact, and your tiny little brain wouldn't let you comment further
12) Fed up with your idiotic bullshit, I actually list the relevant parts of the Constitution, some relevant case law, and go through each of the 23 Actions, explaining why there is nothing wrong with them (per your argument. I think there's lots wrong with them, because Obama claiming they mean anything is basically a lie)
13) You claim they're not the Executive Orders and that I know it. Yet you still don't link to what you mean.
14) Wowbagger calls you out, saying those are the 23 Executive Actions on Gun Control signed the exact same day Rand Paul claims the constitution was violated
15) You don't acknowledge this, you just say "read between the lines," as if that's a valid response.

In short, you're a fucking moron and an asshole. You believe one party always lies to you but think Rand Paul wouldn't. As I said 100 posts ago, you fucking take any bullshit spoonfed into your brain and parrot it without ever reading it for yourself - clear from you CONSTANTLY AVOIDING any specifics about the 23 Executive Actions and not even knowing them when you see them. You believe any bullshit YouTube video that paints the Democrats in a negative light, even if it's an outlandish conspiracy theory. You are incapable of any kind of deep thought. You are incapable of any kind of analysis. You don't understand the difference between demonstrating facts and stating opinions. And you are too fucking mentally incapacitated to understand any of this and somehow think you're making brilliant, knowledgeable, well-reasoned and well-sourced arguments when you parrot bullshit, and too fucking unintelligent to realize you never fucking respond to any kind of request for information and just pretend someone asked you about an entirely different topic.

There. Thread fucking over. 600 off-topic posts about this stupid fucking Executive Action that was meaningless bullshit from a President that's often doing meaningless bullshit. I won't get into his other points, because then he just won't acknowledge this.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

609. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:27 RollinThundr

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:24:
Chris Matthews questions Obama's credibility after IRS Obamacare report

This is the same guy who said anybody critical of Obamacare is a racist.

CBS: Over 2 Million Americans Have Already Received Insurance Cancellations Due To ObamaCare

Wait, I thought CBS was supposed to praise Obamacare?

I wonder if Matthews is still getting the tingle up his leg.

608. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:24 Mad Max RW

Chris Matthews questions Obama's credibility after IRS Obamacare report

This is the same guy who said anybody critical of Obamacare is a racist.

CBS: Over 2 Million Americans Have Already Received Insurance Cancellations Due To ObamaCare

Wait, I thought CBS was supposed to praise Obamacare?

607. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:18 RollinThundr

bullshit

You are so full of fail

606. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 10:16 Wowbagger_TIP

bullshit

You are so full of fail

605. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 09:24 RollinThundr

bullshit

604. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 09:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Up to 75% of those with individual insurance will have policies cancelled, experts say.

RUH ROH!!!

If this was a story on Fox News, I wouldn't even give it a second glance. But when it is on USAToday reported by NBC, it's at least worth reading to see what it's about.

This is basically the same story Seph linked a few posts back. I think he summed it up well enough. Hell, I have to sign up for what is essentially a new plan every year because the insurance company changes the plans they offer every year.

603. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 09:16 Wowbagger_TIP

bullshit

602. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 09:14 RollinThundr

RUH ROH!!!

So wait Prez, you trust NBC which basically shills for the democrats, but if it was from Fox, OH NOS UNTRUSTWORTHY! Are you sure you lean conservative?

601. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 09:00 Prez

RUH ROH!!!

- Mahatma Gandhi

600. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 08:28 RollinThundr

bullshit

Define socialism asshole, a political and economic theory of social organization that advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole. Community in this instance means the government regulating, everything you do, what you can and can't buy etc.

Obamacare is the perfect example of it.

You're being obtuse for the sake of it, making any legislative laws in regards to gun control via EO is in fact circumventing congress, and is indeed Unconstitutional.

I get it, you're of the mindset that you want big government leading your life for you, you think that's a better system, personally I'd rather you migrate somewhere that has that already, those of us who still value our liberties and rights disagree.

879 Replies. 44 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo