Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
879 Replies. 44 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

679. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 11:05 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:02:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:55:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:41:
Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:26:
Rolling Thunder, it seems ironic to me that you are quick to deny the label yet you are so quick to call people liars who deny the label you assign them.

I'll use beamer as an example here. Often brings up the race card in topics that have zero to do with race. Check. Often advocates against corporations while suggesting government can do it better. check. BUT BUT BUSH/CONGRESS Check.

For a while it was like every response in political threads was like a walking talking DNC playbook brought to life.

Bagger does the same thing, it's like they can't discuss something without tossing out a ton of adhoms most of the time, you do it back and they get all butthurt about it.

A spade is a spade is it not?

When a person parrots a liberal ideology 99.9% of the time, what do you expect people to think their leanings are? Conservative?

Your view of reality is so warped, it's hilarious. Anyone whose read your posts in this thread would be laughing their ass off

Yup.
I only bring up race when we're discussing other minorities, and I believe on this very page (it may have been pushed back one) I said , in agreement with Prez: "I'm with you that I'd prefer heavy regulations rather than the government being this involved. The government can't run much of anything well."

So I have no clue how he thinks I've said the government can run anything better. He fails at basic reading.

If you truly believe that Beamer, why do you constantly support the democrats? It defies logic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

678. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 11:04 RollinThundr

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:54:
When a person parrots a liberal ideology 99.9% of the time, what do you expect people to think their leanings are? Conservative?

Again I need to ask what does it matter? You obviously think it's worth debating them since you've spent many an hour doing so in this and other threads. So how about addressing their own individual argument instead of what you assume it to be because it sounds to you like the "stock liberal argument"? Again it's ironic, because I have to say that in fairness that your argument smacks of jingoism too, but even then I try to absorb what you are saying. If a person thinks big government is the answer to the country's ills then that is their personal belief. If you honestly think you are going to change their mind on that by beating them over the head with what sounds like conservative talk radio bullet points then you might want to rethink that, because you are not. Antagonizing Seph the way you did in the last post you made to him was just childish.

What does it matter? political bias doesn't matter or is that like Hillary type of what does it matter?

I'm not going to change their mind I realize that, they obviously believe that big government is great and for them while all the evidence and facts say the opposite regardless of party.

I would like them to seriously think about their views however and hopefully realize that advocating for bigger and more government is about the last thing any American should be doing if they value their rights and freedoms. This isn't about idelogy or right vs left. It's logic.

677. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 11:02 Beamer

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:55:
Rolling Thunder, it seems ironic to me that you are quick to deny the label yet you are so quick to call people liars who deny the label you assign them.

I'll use beamer as an example here. Often brings up the race card in topics that have zero to do with race. Check. Often advocates against corporations while suggesting government can do it better. check. BUT BUT BUSH/CONGRESS Check.

For a while it was like every response in political threads was like a walking talking DNC playbook brought to life.

Bagger does the same thing, it's like they can't discuss something without tossing out a ton of adhoms most of the time, you do it back and they get all butthurt about it.

Your view of reality is so warped, it's hilarious. Anyone whose read your posts in this thread would be laughing their ass off

Yup.
I only bring up race when we're discussing other minorities, and I believe on this very page (it may have been pushed back one) I said , in agreement with Prez: "I'm with you that I'd prefer heavy regulations rather than the government being this involved. The government can't run much of anything well."

So I have no clue how he thinks I've said the government can run anything better. He fails at basic reading.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

676. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:55 Wowbagger_TIP

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

675. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:54 Prez

Again I need to ask what does it matter? You obviously think it's worth debating them since you've spent many an hour doing so in this and other threads. So how about addressing their own individual argument instead of what you assume it to be because it sounds to you like the "stock liberal argument"? Again it's ironic, because I have to say that in fairness that your argument smacks of jingoism too, but even then I try to absorb what you are saying. If a person thinks big government is the answer to the country's ills then that is their personal belief. If you honestly think you are going to change their mind on that by beating them over the head with what sounds like conservative talk radio bullet points then you might want to rethink that, because you are not. Antagonizing Seph the way you did in the last post you made to him was just childish.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

674. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:48 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:38:
Sebelius just admitted "adequate" testing was never done before launch. She also admits they don't know the enrollment numbers because the system isn't working. Minutes earlier she said it never crashed and was functioning. Yeah, Obama will be accepting her resignation before the end of the year.

She probably should resign or be fired but unfortunately I don't think that can happen. If she's out, congress will need to approve of the new appointee and the republicans will likely block all appointees because that's how they do. I'm not sure when the next time a recess appointment can be made but if that's the route Obama takes they'll rant and rave about that too of course.

673. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:46 RollinThundr

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:38:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:30:
I haven't had much time to research it yet, but I would still love to know if it's true that they only had a couple of weeks to do integration testing. If so, then how the hell did that happen? They should have had months for that.

It is true. The contractors confirmed it and in the words of Kathleen Sebelius was an "acceptable risk". The Obama admin is either really stupid or they deliberately launched knowing how much of a disaster it would be.

[Edit] Sebelius just admitted "adequate" testing was never done before launch. She also admits they don't know the enrollment numbers because the system isn't working. Minutes earlier she said it never crashed and was functioning. Yeah, Obama will be accepting her resignation before the end of the year.

No he won't, he'll prolly promote her for a job well done.

672. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:45 RollinThundr

Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:37:

He's going to say something about ducks now and that will clear the whole thing up.

It must be terrible for you watching this mess unfold and knowing in the back of your mind the opponents of Obamacare were right.

671. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:41 RollinThundr

670. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:38 Mad Max RW

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:30:
I haven't had much time to research it yet, but I would still love to know if it's true that they only had a couple of weeks to do integration testing. If so, then how the hell did that happen? They should have had months for that.

It is true. The contractors confirmed it and in the words of Kathleen Sebelius was an "acceptable risk". The Obama admin is either really stupid or they deliberately launched knowing how much of a disaster it would be.

[Edit] Sebelius just admitted "adequate" testing was never done before launch. She also admits they don't know the enrollment numbers because the system isn't working. Minutes earlier she said it never crashed and was functioning. Yeah, Obama will be accepting her resignation before the end of the year.

669. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:37 Sepharo

He's going to say something about ducks now and that will clear the whole thing up.

668. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:30 Wowbagger_TIP

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

667. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:26 Mad Max RW

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:23:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:18:
Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:11:

I wouldn't be so sure - the democrat voters are as vehemently fanatical about their "team" as you are for yours I think.

You incorrectly assume I'm a Republican.

You misunderstand - I did not assume you are Republican. But it has been my experience that people whatever side people proclaim to be on (Tea Party, Constitutionalist,Libertarian) they will defend to the death as the only answer for America. It's just typical politics in the US.

I was equally critical of George W. Bush and his dumbfuck conservative apologists. But he's not president anymore. Obama is. And he's as big a fuck up if not more so. But so many of the people who were also critical of Bush suddenly find it "uncool" to do anything other than praise the current president. Those are hypocrites. I hate hypocrites.

666. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:26 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

665. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:23 Prez

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:18:

I wouldn't be so sure - the democrat voters are as vehemently fanatical about their "team" as you are for yours I think.

You misunderstand - I did not assume you are Republican. But it has been my experience that whatever side people proclaim to be on (Tea Party, Constitutionalist,Libertarian) they will defend to the death as the only answer for America. It's just typical politics in the US.

- Mahatma Gandhi

664. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:19 RollinThundr

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 09:20:
It doesn't, I'm not in the party that advocates more and more government oversight...

If you are Republican though you still are though. (Not sure if you are or not, just saying IF) The governemnt grew by leaps and bounds with the last two Republican administrations, especially the last one. It's espeically hard to think that much would be different had Romney somehow won in 2012. We'd still be spying on people under the guise of the horrid "Patriot Act", and we'd probably still be dealing with the ACA. It would be the height of hypocricy for him to try to repeal the ACA when he got the same damn thing instituted in Massachusettes as governor.

The Democrats defending it are finished.

I'm not a republican, I'm independent who leans more towards libertarian at this point and I don't trust all of those guys either. I also live in Mass like I've said before, I was opposed to Romneycare as well, and still am, health insurance in this state is also completely out of control.

663. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:18 Mad Max RW

662. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:11 Prez

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 09:20:
It doesn't, I'm not in the party that advocates more and more government oversight...

If you are Republican though you still are though. (Not sure if you are or not, just saying IF) The governemnt grew by leaps and bounds with the last two Republican administrations, especially the last one. It's espeically hard to think that much would be different had Romney somehow won in 2012. We'd still be spying on people under the guise of the horrid "Patriot Act", and we'd probably still be dealing with the ACA. It would be the height of hypocricy for him to try to repeal the ACA when he got the same damn thing instituted in Massachusettes as governor.

The Democrats defending it are finished.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2013, 10:16.

- Mahatma Gandhi

661. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 09:53 Mad Max RW

Haha, anybody watching the Obamacare hearings with Sebelius? They're talking about spending hundreds of millions fixing the mess and how great it is then crashes while she is speaking. This is hysterical. The Democrats defending it are finished.

Meanwhile...

70 percent of American voters support delay of Obamacare's individual mandate

660. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 09:20 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 09:18:

Since when does this kind of totally unsurprising thing only apply to this administration? Once again, you're a moron.

It doesn't, I'm not in the party that advocates more and more government oversight, moron.

879 Replies. 44 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo