Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Resident Evil 7 Outed?

According to a post on NeoGAF, the LinkedIn profile of Karen Brakenridge includes a credit as costume designer for "Costume Designer for the video game Resident Evil 7" between November 2012 and January 2013. We can't view the profile to confirm this, and didn't even know video games have costume designers, but sequels are the rule these days rather than the exception, even when a game is met with unfavorable criticism like RE6, so this is certainly plausible. Thanks GamingBolt.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 14, 2013, 02:09 El Pit

Squirmer wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 19:08:
Costume designer?

Next we'll be seeing credits for 'set director'.

Catering! Why doesn't anybody think of the catering guys!!!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 13, 2013, 22:11 Linksil

I've only played a small amount of RE6. But from what I saw and heard from other people it was basically them trying out a bunch of ideas and seeing which one people liked best to make the full next game out of. So here's hoping they picked the right part.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

8. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 13, 2013, 19:08 Squirmer

Costume designer?

Next we'll be seeing credits for 'set director'.

7. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 13, 2013, 17:11 Siygess

Not unexpected but good news IMHO. RE6 had some issues but not so much that I couldn't enjoy it.. as I have enjoyed every title barring 4. As long as they dial back the QTEs, pace the cut scenes better and test those damned boss fight / chase scene camera angles, I'll be happy.

I'd like the weapon upgrade system from Resi 5 to come back though. I found it much more satisfying to be able to fully upgrade one or two weapons to comically unrealistic specs through the course of one play through.. than having to wait for my second run before I unlock something cool.

6. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 13, 2013, 14:40 Wallshadows

Yeah, the quicktime events were still a pretty solid pain in the ass and I'm not keen on how they seem to have a hard on for Leon and Chris while leaving out other key players while creating new, boring types in the process. Ada, well, Ada has been a very bland character for quite some time now because she's essentially the same in every title. Yeah, I get it, she treads within a grey area of good and bad but it has become so boring and predictable that it makes me want to facepalm whenever Capcom tries to make a big deal about it and that we should be surprised.

As for the campaigns, some were definitely better than others. I really hated the Birkin/Muller story but I totally dug the Leon/Helena and Chris/Piers story because it felt much more urban, close-quartered, and relevant to the title. They weren't perfect, but being on the streets of DC (I think it was?) as the outbreak occurred while playing as Leon felt familiar, it felt good. I just wish the rest of the game took advantage of this angle as you crept from house to house and street by street to get from point A to point B but using less CoD elements where you took five steps and got swarmed by mobs.

Bad voice acting? Yeah, it's a RE game. It's not exactly Metal Gear Solid when it comes to the script or the voice-actors to back it up so it's not something I've ever dwelt on.

More action and less horror? Yeah, I'll agree to that but only to a point as the action events far outweigh the sense of dread you used to get from this series but it varies from campaign to campaign and the difficulty which you are playing in. The easier settings will have you drowning in ammo and health whereas the harder settings will require you to be extremely conservative with your ammunition to the point where melee weapons will look downright fantastic.

For me, this was the most enjoyable RE title I have played since CV in spite of its flaws. I really hate the amount of QTEs in the game, I really hate the Birkin/Muller story (zzzzz), and I really hate how it felt like CoD when in the urban environments but I found the good in the game to exceed the bad when played as a whole through several difficulties. It also brings back zombies (sort of).

Bear in mind, I am purposely biased against RE4/5 because, well, I just didn't really like the story, baddies, characters, or villains so don't take offense when I say RE6 is superior to 4 and 5 IMO.

5. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 13, 2013, 14:34 Steele Johnson

They should give the work to a developer who knows how to make a game.  

4. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 13, 2013, 13:24 Rattlehead

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 10:38:
I liked RE6. Felt closer to being an RE title than four and five, especially on the Leon campaign.
Really? I absolutely despised 6. It felt insulting to play. The quicktime events were terribly implemented and oversaturated to the point of me uninstalling. The camera was awful, graphics dated, voice acting was campy. The campaigns poorly paced with game forcing your hand by taking control away from you or forcibly pandering the camera to some explosive set piece.

They took everything enjoyable about RE4 and RE5 and removed them. But then again this is Capcom, they don't have the ability to listen to fans. It really felt like this is something made by Michael Bay.

What I found most insulting is they STILL charge more money for Revelations(which is by far superior to RE6) despite it being older and a 3DS port.

I have zero hope for RE7. It's clear after RE5 and 6 they can't implement substance over style. Instead of 1 well done and memorable campaign, they implement 4 shitty ones.

3. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 13, 2013, 12:07 PHJF

How was them turning it into even more of an action game making it MORE of a Resident Evil? At least in RE4 I was never flooded with ammo.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 13, 2013, 11:37 HorrorScope

I'll confirm it.... "There will be an RE7".  

1. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 13, 2013, 10:38 Wallshadows

I liked RE6. Felt closer to being an RE title than four and five, especially on the Leon campaign.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo