Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Arma 3 Campaign This Month

Bohemia Interactive announces an October 31st release date for the free Survive campaign episode DLC for Arma 3, their military shooter sequel. Here's word on how this puts players in the role of "a regular soldier stationed in the Republic of Altis & Stratis." Here's more:

“Our first campaign episode, ‘Survive’, introduces players to Ben Kerry, a regular soldier who’s part of a NATO peacekeeping mission in the Mediterranean. Following a couple of years of uneasy cease-fire, this US-led deployment is now in the process of a staged drawdown. The vacuum left by withdrawing forces is being rapidly filled by the opposing CSAT faction, creating the conditions for, one might say, a flashpoint” , explains Jay Crowe, Creative Director on Arma 3.

“Of course, it's not just about our own story, but another opportunity to provide yet more building blocks for the platform - new weapons, animations, 3D objects, scripted modules - each designed to grant content creators even greater freedom to create and share their own content. Looking forward to the forthcoming episodes, we’ll continue to expand Arma 3’s sandbox with additions such as new vehicles.”

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Arma 3 Campaign This Month Oct 10, 2013, 19:51 Quboid

I think I paid the GBP equivalent of $32 USD but IIRC the sooner you bought the cheaper it was - if you got in when it first went on presale, it was less.  

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Arma 3 Campaign This Month Oct 10, 2013, 19:31 Slinkycatz

$23? Pounds? Cuz the Alpha was $32 dollars (US).

I like this game because warfare isn't all about dying, charging into battle with guns blazing and dying, charging into battle again with a jet and trying to kill a few before dying again, charging...

For me, it is more exhilarating when I don't know where the enemy is and my heart is thumping in my chest as I'm trying to make sure I survive, relying on pure instinct.

Another good map in this game is BECTI... I loved playing Battlezone many years ago where it combined RTS with FPS, and BECTI comes pretty close to that.

12. Re: Arma 3 Campaign This Month Oct 10, 2013, 19:07 Kosumo

The only true friendlies are the dead.

Flamethrower Dead Dead Knife Dead Rifle

But that only leads to ....

Zombie Zombie Vampire Vampire2

11. Re: Arma 3 Campaign This Month Oct 10, 2013, 16:43 Techie714 ©

Joss wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 16:30:
Techie714 © wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 10:53:
..I got to try out those huge artillery vehicles. Shooting the cluster munition was a blast!
Was that you causing all those TKs when the friendlies were in town?

yea, I'm a griefer...lol

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

10. Re: Arma 3 Campaign This Month Oct 10, 2013, 16:30 Joss

..I got to try out those huge artillery vehicles. Shooting the cluster munition was a blast!
Was that you causing all those TKs when the friendlies were in town?

9. Re: Arma 3 Campaign This Month Oct 10, 2013, 15:51 Raptor

Yah, got it at Alpha already for the cheapest price as well, great deal for a game already more stable than ARMA 2 on release.
Don't care about the "final" or "alpha" title much.
Being an ARMA game it will keep evolving for the next years anyways with tons of content available and constantly being made available (either devs or community)

I've only played Stratis Life so far, it's different and fun. Roleplaying seems to work well, since you have the civilian side and the cops side (some cops being admins and being able to kick anyone out who starts to grief)
It's good fun running around, avoiding the law and making dough or just getting a boating license and going fishing.

Need to try some more competitive games sometime, but my computer is too old by now to properly run MP.
SP is very fine, but MP hogs the computer quite a lot more.

8. Re: Arma 3 Campaign This Month Oct 10, 2013, 15:39 DeathMan20

I was happy to get this for $23 months ago for the alpha. Can't wait for the first batch of single player DLC comes out. I haven't had time to really play with it since release so looking forward to it. Though I will have to try out some of these user missions as well since some of them look really really good.  

7. Re: Arma 3 Campaign This Month Oct 10, 2013, 15:37 Quboid

I bought another graphics card and a new mouse, motivated in part by this game. It's very promising, the content it has is good but there's oh so little of it and it's rough around the edges. Considering they already had an early access beta, it's a shame they didn't hold off for a couple of months. Releasing a game with the main campaign being a message saying "coming soon" is embarrassing.

Can anyone recommend any good servers? Good crowd, no griefers, good connection to the UK.

- Quboid

6. Re: Arma 3 Campaign This Month Oct 10, 2013, 14:56 saluk

Basically the concepts "alpha", "beta", "final" and "post-release dlc" are all very fuzzy when you charge for an open alpha. Heck, those terms are fuzzy and near useless most of the time anyway. I haven't touched Arma3 much, but it was a nice test against my pc when I upgraded I might get more into it with a campaign.  

5. Re: Arma 3 Campaign This Month Oct 10, 2013, 12:15 Techie714 ©

Seventyfive wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 12:01:
Really enjoying the game a lot. Their are so many different missions to play on the Steam workshop & other mods. I was blown away the other night when I got to try out those huge artillery vehicles. Shooting the cluster munition was a blast! Can't wait for the campaign to come out in a few weeks.

For some reason I thought this game was multi player only. Can someone please explain how these user based missions work? Is there a campaign mode? Can I play these missions co-op with friends?

• Co-op yes on many missions

• If you're familiar with Steamworkshop then you pretty much know this part. Go to the workshop & choose a SP mission or campaign that was created by the community. Some of them are pretty simple & some of them are very elaborate & involved. Click "subscribe" and then when you go into the game the mission is available to play.

• ARMA really excels in the SP game mode but does a pretty decent job in MP game mode too. I've had no better game experience than getting a bunch of friends together and playing a great Co-Op mission. But the games can go on for quite awhile, they are not usually fast games

• BI will be releasing a free DLC campaign over the coming months that tells one large story arch. Many folks have complained about this however the base game & a TON of user made content is available. But they have a valid point at the same time the complete game was not released.

• This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2013, 12:22.

Steam (ID)
    DEAD SH0T
    Keep your privacy!

4. Re: Arma 3 Campaign This Month Oct 10, 2013, 12:01 Seventyfive

Really enjoying the game a lot. Their are so many different missions to play on the Steam workshop & other mods. I was blown away the other night when I got to try out those huge artillery vehicles. Shooting the cluster munition was a blast! Can't wait for the campaign to come out in a few weeks.

For some reason I thought this game was multi player only. Can someone please explain how these user based missions work? Is there a campaign mode? Can I play these missions co-op with friends?

3. Re: Arma 3 Campaign This Month Oct 10, 2013, 10:53 Techie714 ©

Steam (ID)
    DEAD SH0T
    Keep your privacy!

2. Re: Arma 3 Campaign This Month Oct 10, 2013, 10:28 Darks

InBlack wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 10:23:
    Im probably going to get Arma3 at some point. Once the content is there it looks like it has the hallmarks of a pretty good simulation shooter. Right now, erm. Wasteland mod doesnt cut it. Sorry.

There are countless mission made by users that are keeping this game going. I actually bought this game many moons ago when they offered it at 23 dollars. Great buy in then.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

1. Re: Arma 3 Campaign This Month Oct 10, 2013, 10:23 InBlack

Im probably going to get Arma3 at some point. Once the content is there it looks like it has the hallmarks of a pretty good simulation shooter. Right now, erm. Wasteland mod doesnt cut it. Sorry.  

I have a nifty blue line!

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo