Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Space Rangers HD Next Week

1C Company announces a release date for Space Rangers HD: A War Apart, saying the space combat overhaul will launch worldwide on Steam on October 17th. Here's the pitch:

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart remasters and enhances the world of the cult Space Rangers 2. The game was developed by the SNK-Games team in close cooperation with fans of the series. New story branch, upgrades, equipment, planetary battles and famous text adventures expand the boundaries of the already lush universe of the game in every direction, roughly doubling the game content.

The game has also received a major technical overhaul to for seamless compatibility with modern OSes. Game art was reworked to support display resolutions of up to 19201200 and planetary battles employ modern render technologies.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2013, 05:50 Rigs

ItBurn wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 14:11:
Played Space Rangers 2 and hated it. It fits in this weird niche that I can't stand. It feels like Sid Meier's pirates.

Yeah, I got it at the original release and just didn't know what to make of it...Is it a 4x, an RTS, a turn-based strategy, an RPG...WHAT?! I played it for a while but the blending of all these different (and seemingly unmixable) genres kinda left me cold and confused...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 11, 2013, 01:36 OpticNerve

Yeeesssss! I LOVED this game. It was far from perfect but it had such a unique blend of genres that was addictive as hell once you got past the initial learning curve. I wish they made a Space Rangers 3 instead of a remake but I'll take what I can get.  

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

14. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 10, 2013, 18:27 BobBob

Would consider this if it was ported to the iPad.  

13. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 10, 2013, 15:56 UConnBBall

Buy the Space Rangers 2 (Came out 7 years ago) Then use the cheats for anywhere you are stuck.  

12. Re: Space Rangers HD Next Week Oct 10, 2013, 14:30 Dmitri_M

Great game. I still remember being stuck in prison on a planet betting on cockroach races..  

11. Re: Space Rangers HD Next Week Oct 10, 2013, 14:11 ItBurn

Played Space Rangers 2 and hated it. It fits in this weird niche that I can't stand. It feels like Sid Meier's pirates.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2013, 14:19.

10. Re: Top Gun Hard Lock Details Oct 10, 2013, 14:07 Creston

skyguy wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 12:43:
Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 11:02:
I could have sworn they released an updated version like a year or so ago? With more missions, more adventures, etc.

Space Rangers 2: reboot was released a few years ago.

Okay, I guess I'm confused with that one then. That seems to be the one I have on Steam. So this is a remake of the reboot.

9. Re: Re: Oct 10, 2013, 13:42 gilly775

I remember playing SR2 years ago and I wasn't sucked in to it. Will have to try this again.  

8. Re: Oct 10, 2013, 13:04 Prez

skyguy wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 12:43:
I could have sworn they released an updated version like a year or so ago? With more missions, more adventures, etc.

Space Rangers 2 is a sequel to the first; it surpassed the original but the first still has its charm. SR2 Reboot added all that stuff to the sequel. To my knowledge there has never been an update to the original prior to this one.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

7. Re: Top Gun Hard Lock Details Oct 10, 2013, 12:54 Mad Max RW

Hoping they give a rebate to people already owning the DVD and Steam versions. It's a great game, but I'm not paying full price a third time for what I can mostly achieve with a resolution patch.  

6. Re: Top Gun Hard Lock Details Oct 10, 2013, 12:43 skyguy

5. Re: Space Rangers HD Next Week Oct 10, 2013, 11:08 Wolfox

Prez wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 10:05:
AWESOME! One of my favorite games ever!

One of my favorite games as well. Definitely getting this one.

4. Re: Space Rangers HD Next Week Oct 10, 2013, 11:02 Creston

Anyway, cool news. I've always really enjoyed playing it, though the planetary battles always gave me fits and I just skipped those.

3. Re: Space Rangers HD Next Week Oct 10, 2013, 10:41 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 10:05:
Yeah, I spent a lot of time with this one. Looking forward to this update!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

2. Re: Space Rangers HD Next Week Oct 10, 2013, 10:26 InBlack

I was loath to try this since it was so unpolished at release. Heard great things though, so Im definitely interested.  

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Space Rangers HD Next Week Oct 10, 2013, 10:05 Prez

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo