Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month

Following up on an Australian classification board listing, Polygon confirms plans for Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - Premium Edition, a re-release of Ninja Theory's console game, saying this is heading to Windows PCs. Word is: "A Namco Bandai rep confirmed to Polygon that Enslaved will be re-released as part of a premium edition later this month on PlayStation 3 and Windows PC."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 11, 2013, 12:56 MattyB

I enjoyed this on the 360 immensely.

The actual gameplay was so-so, but the level designs were great and most of all, the voice acting and chemistry between Monkey and Trip was excellent.

Definately pick this one up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 11, 2013, 05:01 Jerykk

Strange that the game would be coming out this month when there hasn't been any marketing of it whatsoever. You'd think that they would release a trailer or at least an official announcement. Doesn't give me high hopes for the quality of the port.  

11. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 10, 2013, 23:33 Sempai

I bought this on the 360 and quite liked it, but just couldn't deal with the terrible framerate.

I love hearing about this kind of stuff. I will buy your game, and i won't even mind paying full price for it to support these kind of great little decision.

10. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 10, 2013, 17:42 Longjocks

I was somewhat surprised that this turned out to be a solid game. It was a really interesting take on the source material and it was funny to go through it having also been a fan of the Monkey TV show in my youth. I'd suggest PC gamers who haven't played it give it a go.  

9. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 10, 2013, 16:59 Parias

I remember this being an incredibly cool game back when I played it - I'm glad this is coming out to PC now. Looking forward to replaying it.  

8. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 10, 2013, 16:51 PHJF

This game sold like 12 copies.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 10, 2013, 15:18 Agent.X7

I was disappointing when the Dev team that made this game decided to remake Devil May Cry instead of doing a sequel.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 10, 2013, 14:20 LurkerLito

It was an OK game IMHO. I played through it on my PS3 but IIRC there was at least one big issue on the PS3 and that was the Unreal Engine Texture pop up was really bad. Also the fight sections had some really bad angles several times that made things harder than it should have been (like something in front of your view so you were fighting blind). And an occasional bug where the controls stopped switching weapons or something like that and I had to quit the game and restart from an older checkpoint to fix it. Hopefully they fixed those things cause it really ruined the game for me.  

5. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 10, 2013, 13:54 Dr_Dissent

NotOneOfUs wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 13:48:
That's... quite the divorce settlement.

Well, she also got a number of other games, an XBox, a big-screen TV, lots of movies, everything of value from the kitchen, some furniture, and about $80,000. Every time anyone asks me if I have x, I always reply, "I used to have x..."

4. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 10, 2013, 13:49 Parallax Abstraction

This game was criminally underappreciated and was a pleasant surprise for me. I highly recommend it if you like Uncharted-like titles.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

3. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 10, 2013, 13:48 NotOneOfUs

That's... quite the divorce settlement.  

2. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 10, 2013, 13:21 Dr_Dissent

I loved this game. Played it all the way through and would definitely play it again. Unfortunately, my ex-wife took it in the divorce. I'll be getting it on PC for sure. Highly recommended.  

1. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 10, 2013, 13:16 Agent.X7

Re: We are trying to recoup some losses from this title by re-releasing it years later.

A good game, BTW. Like a sci-fi Uncharted. I have a copy for my PS3, one of the only games I didn't beat and then immediately put on my store shelf.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo