Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Sexualized avatars affect the real world, researchers find. Oct 11, 2013, 07:53 Kitkoan

Axis wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 18:37:
I know this based on the bazillions of game hours I've played making the most stupidest looking avatars possible, when possible cause it's WAY more funny and ultimately more cool...

Hehe, I've done this in Guild Wars 2, my guy walks around in a fully hot pink (I think that exact color) outfit.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Sexualized avatars affect the real world, researchers find. Oct 11, 2013, 04:10 eRe4s3r

I still don't get what the problem is. So pretty things in virtual worlds are pretty in the real world too? Weeee, science. Apparently these researchers just discovered that we like pretty things. Nobel price for them!  

2. Re: Sexualized avatars affect the real world, researchers find. Oct 10, 2013, 18:37 Axis

The vast majority of people try to make what they feel is the 'coolest' or 'sexiest' avatars. I know this based on the bazillions of game hours I've played making the most stupidest looking avatars possible, when possible cause it's WAY more funny and ultimately more cool...

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Sexualized avatars affect the real world, researchers find. Oct 10, 2013, 18:04 J

"People who see the effects of exercise on their bodies in the virtual world will exercise more in the real world."

I played GTA: San Andreas and went to the gym a fair bit. Do I exercise more in the real world? Nope.

Now get a load of my sexy avatar!

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo