Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tomb Raider Reboot for OS X This Year

The recent Tomb Raider reboot is coming to OS X later this year, reports GameSpot, saying Feral interactive is once again handling the port. "We're excited to bring Tomb Raider to the Mac, and in doing so introduce a new audience to Lara Croft's original story," Square Enix head of product development Darrell Gallagher said. "This is one more step on the road to achieving everything we wanted with the game." Other details such as pricing and DLC inclusion are not being provided yet.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot for OS X This Year Oct 11, 2013, 08:00 Kitkoan

Breadman86 wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 05:47:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 00:18:
Don't people who want to game on a mac just dual boot with windows?

Windows requires a minimum of 30gb partitioned, not including whatever other programs you want to install. Most MacBooks (which is Apple's most sold computer type) top out at 250gb of HD space. If you want to dual boot using your macbook to play PC games, you should probably partition about 100gb, leaving only 150gb for the mac. We all know 150gb isn't a whole lot.

I literally just this week gave up and partitioned 100gb for Windows7 and PC games on my 500gb Macbook Pro. 500gb gives me a bit more freedom to do it, but I do so much video editing in OSX that I really need as much space as possible. As a PC gamer who only has a mac at the moment (for reasons not worth explaining here), I'm joyous any time a major game comes out on OSX.

That's what I did with my Windows/Linux dual boot (I have a 750gb hdd though.

My brother on the other hand for his Mbp decided to buy an external usb3 hdd to install his Steam games since usb3 is fast enough to keep up with loading. So when he installs a game he tells Stream to install it to a custom folder on the external hdd and makes sure to plug in the hdd whenever he boots into Windows.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot for OS X This Year Oct 10, 2013, 05:47 Breadman86

DangerDog wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 00:18:

Windows requires a minimum of 30gb partitioned, not including whatever other programs you want to install. Most MacBooks (which is Apple's most sold computer type) top out at 250gb of HD space. If you want to dual boot using your macbook to play PC games, you should probably partition about 100gb, leaving only 150gb for the mac. We all know 150gb isn't a whole lot.

I literally just this week gave up and partitioned 100gb for Windows7 and PC games on my 500gb Macbook Pro. 500gb gives me a bit more freedom to do it, but I do so much video editing in OSX that I really need as much space as possible. As a PC gamer who only has a mac at the moment (for reasons not worth explaining here), I'm joyous any time a major game comes out on OSX.

3. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot for OS X This Year Oct 10, 2013, 00:42 El Pit

Squenix expects to sell at least 100,000,000 MAC copies.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

2. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot for OS X This Year Oct 10, 2013, 00:18 DangerDog

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2013, 20:37 Rigs

Hey, maybe they can finally get those bonuses now!

*crickets*

What?! Too soon?

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo