Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ShootMania Storm Elite Demo

Ubisoft and Nadeo announce a playable demo for ShootMania: Storm Elite is now available via ManiaPlanet and Steam, offering the chance to sample this multiplayer first-person shooter. This includes other promotions, two lotteries and a 50% discount, here are the details:

Today Ubisoft® and Nadeo are pleased to announce the release of the ShootMania: Storm Elite demo. This demo, featuring a full mode from the retail product, can be downloaded through ManiaPlanet, shootmania.com or via Steam.

ShootMania : Storm is defined by its fast-paced combat and rich fantasy setting. The new Elite demo allows even more PC gamers to experience the thrill of ShootMania’s immediate, competitive and fun online matches. With a tight focus on team play, the demo offers the Elite 3vs3 game mode, matchmaking, dedicated rankings and progression levels.

Strongly supported by Nadeo and the community since the beta, ShootMania is continually evolving and this demo yet another step in that progress. “At Nadeo, we like to make games that last for years. This is the next part of the ShootMania story and I am very excited to allow new players to discover one of the exciting game modes of ShootMania for themselves for free. This demo should give a strong flavour of what the full title delivers in terms of emotion, intensity, competition and fun,“ said Nadeo Live Operations Director, Jérôme Châtelain. To celebrate the release of the demo Nadeo is running two lottery competitions until October 31st: Players who play ShootMania Elite mode can win one PlayStation 4 and up to 50 ShootMania Storm games per day. Finally, interested gamers can take advantage of a special 50% discount off the usual price, making the ShootMania experience more affordable than ever.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2013, 17:23 Axis

Rigs wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 12:41:
Ugh...basically if you loved the original UT and Quake3, then this is your game, otherwise stay away...far away...Team play? Yeah, if you can get your 'team' to shut up for two seconds and not have them curse you out in the same amount of time....

=-Rigs-=

This is NOTHING like UT or Quake 3. I played those in clans for years. Shootmania is a garbage game through and through with highly pompous devs and ridiculous past marketing.

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2013, 16:29 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 12:41:
Ugh...basically if you loved the original UT and Quake3, then this is your game, otherwise stay away...far away...Team play? Yeah, if you can get your 'team' to shut up for two seconds and not have them curse you out in the same amount of time....

=-Rigs-=

I think it's pretty hilarious they make an entire game around insta-gib mutator from UT or Quake 2/3 for that matter. It was fun for a match or 2, but then everyone on my LAN wanted it disabled again (CTF-Face was always hilarious with bots on godlike and insta-gib + low gravity mode on) we even made our own custom "pwnage" bot with accuracy 100% no matter what bot difficulty was set (so even on lame-bot mode where they don't return fire, that bot could spawn) that had a random chance of 1 out of 64 to actually spawn in a match, and when it did the AI pwned us utterly and every kill we got against it was celebrated, ah the good old times.

I kinda miss these shooters.... sadly nobody does em anymore.

Ps.: Team play in insta-gib? Good joke. The one with the most skill is the one who's gonna win, teamplay doesn't matter in 3 v 3 if the skills aren't matched.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2013, 16:35.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2013, 12:41 Rigs

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo