Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced

BioWare announces Galactic Starfighter, a new expansion coming to Star Wars: The Old Republic to add PvP space combat to the Star Wars MMORPG. This will go live for subscribers on December 3rd and will be released as a free-to-play expansion on February 4th. The Star Wars: The Old Republic website has more details and a teaser trailer. Here's the announcement:

AUSTIN, Texas – Oct. 8, 2013 – Join the battle and customize the ultimate starship to become a legendary Starfighter pilot in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ universe! Today, BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), and LucasArts announced that Star Wars: The Old Republic is adding Player-vs-Player (PvP) combat in the Free-to-Play Digital Expansion, Galactic Starfighter. With a variety of unique starships, a wide set of customization and upgrade options, multiple battle zones and gameplay modes, Galactic Starfighter brings the thrill of epic 12v12 space battles to Star Wars: The Old Republic for the first time.

Active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscribers will be offered Early Access starting December 3 and Preferred Status Players* on January 14. Galactic Starfighter will be offered as a Free-to-Play Digital Expansion available to the public beginning on February 4. Each group will also receive special in-game items as part of this Early Access opportunity. As a special benefit, active subscribers as of November 1 will receive an exclusive Galactic Starfighter early Gunship unlock and custom Gunship paint jobs**.

“Our goal with Star Wars: The Old Republic has always been to immerse players into their own Star Wars adventure and huge space battles are a vital part of fulfilling that fantasy,” said Jeff Hickman, General Manager of BioWare Austin. “Galactic Starfighter will be a deep experience that will continue to grow over time. We can’t wait for both our current and new players to get their hands on it soon.”

View
23. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 9, 2013, 15:19 RavingArmy

Regrettably so. I'm one of those "Preferred Status Players" on account of my desire to get the shiny Collector's Edition, and I didn't even bother to try fumbling through a few missions. From what I remember, I had two bars, but I had originally set up four (covering speeders, long term buffs, etc.). My gather/craft skills were locked at two, not the three when I was subscribing. Just a litany of stupid things that were being paywalled for no obvious reason.  
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 8, 19:00 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Darks
  2. Oct 8, 19:17 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced RavingArmy
  3. Oct 8, 19:27  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced ColoradoHoudini
  4. Oct 8, 19:34   Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Agent.X7
  17. Oct 9, 07:13    Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Spektr
  18. Oct 9, 07:16     Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Spektr
  19. Oct 9, 08:02      Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced InBlack
  5. Oct 8, 19:36   Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Wallshadows
  8. Oct 8, 20:57    Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced nin
  9. Oct 8, 21:44     Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Narf2029
  10. Oct 9, 00:17    Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced ColoradoHoudini
  11. Oct 9, 02:25     Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced 1badmf
  16. Oct 9, 04:35      Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Sleep
  13. Oct 9, 03:28     Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced vrok
  21. Oct 9, 12:55      Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Endo
  22. Oct 9, 14:21  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced KS
>> 23. Oct 9, 15:19   Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced RavingArmy
  6. Oct 8, 19:48 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Taskeen
  7. Oct 8, 20:54  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced The Half Elf
  14. Oct 9, 03:33  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced jdreyer
  15. Oct 9, 04:15  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced InBlack
  12. Oct 9, 03:28 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced OldTimber
  20. Oct 9, 08:10 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Iridium

footer

Blue's News logo