Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced

BioWare announces Galactic Starfighter, a new expansion coming to Star Wars: The Old Republic to add PvP space combat to the Star Wars MMORPG. This will go live for subscribers on December 3rd and will be released as a free-to-play expansion on February 4th. The Star Wars: The Old Republic website has more details and a teaser trailer. Here's the announcement:

AUSTIN, Texas – Oct. 8, 2013 – Join the battle and customize the ultimate starship to become a legendary Starfighter pilot in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ universe! Today, BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), and LucasArts announced that Star Wars: The Old Republic is adding Player-vs-Player (PvP) combat in the Free-to-Play Digital Expansion, Galactic Starfighter. With a variety of unique starships, a wide set of customization and upgrade options, multiple battle zones and gameplay modes, Galactic Starfighter brings the thrill of epic 12v12 space battles to Star Wars: The Old Republic for the first time.

Active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscribers will be offered Early Access starting December 3 and Preferred Status Players* on January 14. Galactic Starfighter will be offered as a Free-to-Play Digital Expansion available to the public beginning on February 4. Each group will also receive special in-game items as part of this Early Access opportunity. As a special benefit, active subscribers as of November 1 will receive an exclusive Galactic Starfighter early Gunship unlock and custom Gunship paint jobs**.

“Our goal with Star Wars: The Old Republic has always been to immerse players into their own Star Wars adventure and huge space battles are a vital part of fulfilling that fantasy,” said Jeff Hickman, General Manager of BioWare Austin. “Galactic Starfighter will be a deep experience that will continue to grow over time. We can’t wait for both our current and new players to get their hands on it soon.”

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 8, 2013, 19:27 ColoradoHoudini

Too little too late. I remember when i first saw the title and thought how awesome this game would be when I can take my ship and fly planet to planet.. and explore.. just go sit somewhere nobody is.. and take in the visuals, maybe dogfight from space, down the the surface.. etc.. open world..
Boy was I disappointed. space combat.. on rails? Just let me fly all over from mission to mission, area to area.. explore, fight, park my ship somewhere and let me come back to see it's surrounded by aliens I need to kill.. call in friends to strafe the area.. etc.

They really missed the mark on this game. Not to mention the personal questline that had you running back and forth and back and forth way too often. Fly back to that place, get out, travel to the main area, run in, get one line of dialogue, run out and back to where I originally was.. 15 minutes ago.. ugh.. screw you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 8, 2013, 19:17 RavingArmy

How about EA stops pretending SWTOR is "free-to-play" and does something that actually treats players like people and not sepoys? Either rework the model to GW2-style "buy to play" or revert to full subscription. Either way, I'd be more likely to play again.  

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 8, 2013, 19:00 Darks

2 year too late.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo